British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

So basically now if Buster thinks it might rain, or has a weakened team, or his tea leaves tell him something, or a black cat crosses his path or just plain doesn't bloody feel like it he's going to call a meeting off so they can run it on a day when everything is in their favour! Oh and of course it might actually rain!

I doubt he will feel the need to call off cos of a dodgy forecast from now on

Away win with Swindon knocking in 50+ but I don't care.

I'll be there supporting the "team" 100% now we've eradicated the dirty diseases around the place.

Only racers not egos welcome at the Adrian Flux Arena

• Like 8

Well said Danny and well done Buster in getting rid if the pair of whingers. I notice batchelor is mocking our new no1 on Twitter.dont know if he is having a dig at Michael palm toft, I hope not as he outscored the brat 13Points to 4 at Leicester! Roll on the rest of the season. We could still make the play offs but if we don't it wont be down to lack of effort so welcome thj, mpt and Josh auty! .BRING IT ON

• Like 4

Is a poor team compared to others in the premiership but potentially very entertaining and also got an eye on. Next season🤘🏻 Hopefully putting Robert at #1 will kickstart his career again as he seems to have gone off the boil the past couple months.

Roll on Wednesday

• Like 1

Swindon needn't worry, if there is a remote chance this meeting will be on. Having cancelled the previous two, Buster and the Fans need this to go ahead., Without the fear of riders walking out, Buster can gamble the meeting will go ahead. In the scale of things, the result isn't that important. Even with our strongest team we would have struggled to hold the Robins in current form. So the meeting will definitely go ahead.. Only a little rain forecast later, so no worries.

We will ride and we will fight, we won't complain and will cheers loudly for all riders prepared to fight for the cause..

The result is not that important........ But having a Speedway Club is....

• Like 8

The result is not that important........ But having a Speedway Club is....

You know, I've faithfully followed "my team" for going on half a century (by gum, where did those years go?). Mine, like yours, is an honourable estate for whom many great riders have ridden. Oh there has been the odd maverick; who can forget Gary Middleton? But there has always been pride on the side of the club, the fans and the riders. You put on our race jacket and you join an historic group. Wear it well and never forget that it's a privilege. Many greats have worn it before you and many unsung heroes too. World Champion or struggling reserve, they've share a common purpose. To make our team the best, honourably.

But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

• Like 6

Swindon have Jake Knight as a reserve guest for this meeting.

Swindon have Jake Knight as a reserve guest for this meeting.

Zach will be missed as Knight won't trouble the scorers.

• Like 1

You know, I've faithfully followed "my team" for going on half a century (by gum, where did those years go?). Mine, like yours, is an honourable estate for whom many great riders have ridden. Oh there has been the odd maverick; who can forget Gary Middleton? But there has always been pride on the side of the club, the fans and the riders. You put on our race jacket and you join an historic group. Wear it well and never forget that it's a privilege. Many greats have worn it before you and many unsung heroes too. World Champion or struggling reserve, they've share a common purpose. To make our team the best, honourably.

It's up to the club promotion to generate this feeling of pride and togetherness, it doesn't just happen. Fans these days expect more than ever before too. We aren't like the Polish fans who sing and chant for their team whatever, we moan and groan if things aren't perfect.

very well said - I am not a KL supporter but totally agree with your sentiments - I have watched the sport for 50+ years as well - I hope Buster gets a large crowd in to show their support for what he has done

• Like 2

Zach will be missed as Knight won't trouble the scorers.

Lynn have Simon Lambert and Auty at reserve so there's a chance Rosco can wind him up to out gate Auty. Jake Is third in the NL averages with 10.27, behind Zach & Bewley (both 10.67), so he's on good form.

• Like 1

And Ellis can take a ride if needs be.

Lynn have Simon Lambert and Auty at reserve so there's a chance Rosco can wind him up to out gate Auty. Jake Is third in the NL averages with 10.27, behind Zach & Bewley (both 10.67), so he's on good form.

• Like 1

Just had a light shower lasting about 10 mins. The forecast is not good for tonight. Think it's a case of Buster being damned if he calls it off early and damned if he don't. Looks as if it goes ahead, it will be shower dodging at best so reluctantly the family have decided to give it a miss.