British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

Thanks to all those posting weather updates on here, for away fans like myself proposing to travel a long way it's a great help. Reluctantly I'm not going to go to this now as the forecast just looks too bad to risk the journey. It's a pity because if it goes ahead I think it will be a really good meeting - the atmosphere round Saddlebow Road should be jumping!

• Like 1

Ironically Buster probably won't call this one off even tho the weather looks atrocious. I don't want to hang around in the wet and I doubt the riders won't want to ride in it either let alone race. :nono:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Grachan - it's still dry, increasingly breezy so somethings on it's way. How much and when depends on which forecast you read. BBC says rain between 4 and 7 then thick cloud who knows how accurate that will be.

I agree I think if it goes ahead, it could be good. As for atmosphere ......that would be a bonus :D

Ironically Buster probably won't call this one off even tho the weather looks atrocious. I don't want to hang around in the wet and I doubt the riders won't want to ride in it either let alone race. :nono:

As I said earlier he's damned if he does and damned if he don't. I'm gonna give it a go, admittedly only a two mile journey so I can understand anyone not wanting to travel far.

There does seem to be slightly more information coming from the club for this one. THJ has arrived at stadium apparently. Whether that's damage limitation or someone actually listening to complaints is open to question but fair does it's an improvement.

Edited by Star Lady

KL the only team that Swindon haven't beaten, losing home and away, but I would take Swindon to win this comfortably to make it 9 in a row.

Go Robins!

• Like 2

They throw bottles and are often segregated like football fans especially at local derbys

Yes know all about the cages, was in the caged bit at Leszno lol

Yes know all about the cages, was in the caged bit at Leszno lol

They had obviously heard of your reputation :wink:

They had obviously heard of your reputation :wink:

They took pity on me at the SWC lol
  • Like 1

They took pity on me at the SWC lol

Went to a meeting in Poland the day after a GP. We went on a train and on it were a load of Bydgoszcz supporters, when we arrived at the oppositions town the station was lined with police with big dogs who luckily ignored us and marched the supporters to the speedway club where they were kept in a caged area and after the meeting marched back to the station. It was quite an experience but all good natured.

Went to a meeting in Poland the day after a GP. We went on a train and on it were a load of Bydgoszcz supporters, when we arrived at the oppositions town the station was lined with police with big dogs who luckily ignored us and marched the supporters to the speedway club where they were kept in a caged area and after the meeting marched back to the station. It was quite an experience but all good natured.

Not taking any risks with you eh lol
  • Like 1

Rain has arrived dead on time, let's hope it departs on time too!

Not too heavy at the moment

Grachan - it's still dry, increasingly breezy so somethings on it's way. How much and when depends on which forecast you read. BBC says rain between 4 and 7 then thick cloud who knows how accurate that will be.

I agree I think if it goes ahead, it could be good. As for atmosphere ......that would be a bonus :D

As I said earlier he's damned if he does and damned if he don't. I'm gonna give it a go, admittedly only a two mile journey so I can understand anyone not wanting to travel far.

There does seem to be slightly more information coming from the club for this one. THJ has arrived at stadium apparently. Whether that's damage limitation or someone actually listening to complaints is open to question but fair does it's an improvement.

Whatever some may think of THJ and his ability he will ride the track even if it's raining and will be fully committed, always liked him when he rode for Poole.

I'm going to whisper this but it's stopped raining and it's brightening up .

• Like 1

I'm going to whisper this but IT'S STOPPED RAINING AND IT'S BRIGHTENING UP

Don't be shy :P