British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Glasgow Ch 3-8-17@7-30pm

With the interesting/shambolic events of the weekend with team changes (Not) I thought I'd start this one up early for discussion.

Having had potential rider changes turned down by BSPA it looks like we're stuck with what we've got so let's at least try one riding order change to get the best out of the team.

We all know that when Kyle moved to 2 it seemed to kick start his season and now we have the services of Justin for the rest of the year I think he needs to be moved to said position.

If management were prepared to dispense with riders services surely they must at least be looking at riding orders now?

Anyway, this time around I'm making no predictions whatsoever on the meeting result given how wrong I was last week.

Last time Glasgow came to town they pushed us close and took a point back to Scotland and I rather think that they could well do the same again.

Lets just hope there's not too much unrest in the pits at the moment and we can get back to winning ways ASAP.

Assuming you haven't got Shanes as a ringer at reserve again this time, it can only be another Royal (see what I did there!!) humping at home for Ippo.

Assuming you haven't got Shanes as a ringer at reserve again this time, it can only be another Royal (see what I did there!!) humping at home for Ippo.

Come on Tigers i'm sure all Panthers fans want to see you turn the Witches over or maybe they will self destruct , anybody got a brown envelope for Justin Sedgmen and Conner Mountain .

Agree Sedgmen should be moved to number 2. Not looking forward to this meeting with what's gone on, we could get absolutely smashed. Lets hope not as we can't afford anymore dropped points at home after last week.

Just seen official preview on website and Justin still at 4, we are dropping too many points from the 3/4 partnership.

Why ???

Just seen official preview on website and Justin still at 4, we are dropping too many points from the 3/4 partnership.

Why ???

Management stupidity.

Just one more example of it.

Why ???

Dont worry Justin still wants to win the league and get his average back to where it was.

Read the EADT article (link on other thread) He was in the process of issuing a press release outlining his determination to finish the season strong.

All is well.....

Can't do that - we need him down to about 6.5 max for next season.

Sorry canny get time off to make this one guys , wish you had made it Saturday night , then could have had this and the fours on the same weekend . Hope we get at least the same result as last time , maybe see some of you at Peterborough on Sunday .

Dont worry Justin still wants to win the league and get his average back to where it was.

Read the EADT article (link on other thread) He was in the process of issuing a press release outlining his determination to finish the season strong.

All is well.....

I think had circumstances been different and he was not in a desperate situation work wise , he would have told Chris Louis and Ritchie Hawkins to stuff there kind offer to re-instate them right where the sun don't shine and who could blame him.

• Like 2

LOL never seen such a big bunch of fannies get over it! Louis has made one error, and that was to not wait for official confirmation from the BSPA before telling the riders. That is a huge error that Louis will know himself. He's been a promoter now for a good few years and this is the first error of this kind I can recall him making.

He's entitled to an error or two surely? Has nobody on here ever made an error in their lives or are you all perfect? He's not the only promoter either, good old Ged has made his fair share too! Everyone makes them that's life.

All of this "bang out of order sacking riders close to deadline" stuff is pure and utter sh!te. Is it harsh for a rider to lose his job with little time to find another club? Of course it is.

But Louis' job is to do what's best for Ipswich Witches, NOT Justin Sedgmen or Connor Mountain as harsh as it may be. If he could have improved the team and chances of being successful then he had every right to try. Give me that type of promoter every single time than those that are loyal to individual riders to the detriment of the team.

Ironically this has been an accusation made by many on here over the years that we rarely make changes and just stick with what we've got.

Fair play to Louis for trying to be successful and attempting to improve what we had. As I've said he made a grave error not waiting for approval before telling the two riders but I'm sure that won't be repeated and he'll have learned from his mistake.

• Like 7

From an Ipswich supporters point of view you're right it's probably good to see a change of strategy from your promotion. Nice guys finish last and Ipswich haven't been successful for a while.

Didn't Somerset sack Proctor a year or two ago before he'd even turned a wheel in anger because a better option cropped up late on? Now that's ruthless but Somerset have been very successful with that mindset.

At least Sedgmen could have few complaints as he's been utter tripe! If he'd been doing the job he was brought in to do then changes wouldn't have been necessary.

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1