British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Glasgow Ch 3-8-17@7-30pm

Nice to see Danny and Rory back to their best after last week's blip. The rest of the lads did what was expected, so all round an acceptable evening. Track was too smooth again for my liking, quite a few passes but all predictable when certain riders did their Risager impression. Another very healthy crowd, so thankfully (as expected) what happened at the weekend didn't bother anyone.

Hopefully Kyle is ok, any news?

Edited by spanner47

Millionaires struggling at ippo tonight.

Only good teams win away at fox holes.

dont call them millionaires , like i did . gazc will have you , if you know what i mean !

Quite enjoyed myself mainly due to the atmosphere, racing could of been a lot better but I went with low expectations.

Sound system is shocking on the back straight, well done to Danny King for getting the crowd making more noise if only all the riders followed

• Like 1

Hopefully Kyle is ok, any news?

some reports that he has done his ankle in 😩😩

Can only hope that it turns out not as bad

Just read nothing is broken

Thats good to hear, Thats always been Kyle's problem very injury prone, he should be a lot better rider than he is, does right by his sponsors and fans, quite sad really.

Good win last night considering Kyle's injury, get well soon Kyle we need you!

Well done to Nathan who worked bloody hard covering, would have been been my MOTM for his efforts.

Was nice to get the win after the events of last Thursday and the weekend shambles with Connor applying himself well, Justin not so much I'm afraid to say. He should be scoring at least 7 at home meetings.

Danny, Rory and Cam all did their jobs superbly, pity about the expensive looking engine blow up for Cam in ht15.

We were definitely helped by certain Glasgow riders having an off night and as they were last night I wouldn't say no to facing them in the playoffs.

Shame we have a blank next week.

• Like 1

Nathan Greaves. Couldn't ask for any more effort. Good news about kyle all things considered. That looked nasty. Kyle being another rider that's effort can never be questioned.

• Like 1

Shame we have a blank next week.

Only 4 meetings left for us at home now, plus cup and play offs late in September/October. That's what happens when you have a glorious Summer. Just think, we could almost run a May-September season if it wasn't for all those blinkin Northerners getting meetings called off all the time. :wink:

After we lost Kyle in heat 1 I thought we would struggle to win, but credit to the rest of the team they battled to secure the win and stop Glasgow taking anything from the meeting. Both reserves done their job again, as long as they beat their fellow reserves to me they are doing their job. Thought Nathan should've got MOTM.

Lets hope Kyle isn't out for too long as he was one of our form riders at the moment.

Off to Peterborough Sunday, can't see us winning it but who knows after Plymouth's win last year, as long as Peterborough don't win it.

• Like 1

Lawson and Summers need to bounce back from this ASAP as it's getting to that point in the season where it could be costly!

As many have said a real lack of home fixtures and fixtures being all over the place is really affecting our team, and most likely some of the fans too! Especially the new ones!

Despite moving to a Saturday 6 Fixtures already have been set for Sundays out of 13 Fixtures at home! Not much point in trying to advertise to new fans that it's Saturday nights at 7pm when nearly half the fixtures are Sundays!
Fixtures that have went ahead per month...
April 4/5

May 1/2

June 2/3

July 3/3

I've honestly felt that this season has been pretty boring so far as previous seasons it would be every sunday bar maybe 1 or 2 that we would go to speedway, but when you are out of a routine you just get bored

Both reserves done their job again, as long as they beat their fellow reserves to me they are doing their job.

They'll rarely have an easier night. Other than Bacon getting second in ht2 the Glasgow reserves never got another point from their combined 7 rides.