British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Couldn't agree more.

I actually feel sorry for Chris, maybe a bit biased as he's one of my favourite riders but if he felt the track was unfit then so be it. We wouldn't want to ride an unfit track. On that night something was clearly wrong with the track as reports were riders were struggling.

Maybe buster had a right to stand up to him. And he did so by giving him a 28 day ban.

But then to tell him after the cut off that he's sacked to stop him signing on with someone else is a total low blow and shows buster for what he is.

Are you joking? Can I hazard a guess that you're one of the many members on here approaching retirement territory? The big picture is incredibly simple to see, and yet you and so many others seem blind to it. Every year less and less people are paying for speedway in Britain. The people who are still paying are predominantly grey haired and won't be around forever. It doesn't take a genius to work out how that scenario ends. That's the bigger picture.

Wake up. The wages we pay over here do not compare to the wages they see abroad. We pay them far less money for far riskier work. We should be grateful to have them. Well... doesn't matter anymore because we're chucking the last of them out. And even if that fails to get rid of them completely, next years cost cutting exercises to "rebuild" the sport will surely cull the remaining couple.

Getting rid of a rider is one thing, but engineering it so that they cannot find further employment this year is disgraceful.

Are you joking? Can I hazard a guess that you're one of the many members on here approaching retirement territory? The big picture is incredibly simple to see, and yet you and so many others seem blind to it. Every year less and less people are paying for speedway in Britain. The people who are still paying are predominantly grey haired and won't be around forever. It doesn't take a genius to work out how that scenario ends. That's the bigger picture.

No I'm not joking, There needs to be some sort of discipline incorporated into the sport, you can't just have riders going around holding people to ransom. That is one of the many reasons people don't go any more, I not one for defending the promoters, heaven knows I've made my feelings on some of them very clear over the years but they do pay the wages and they are entitled to the respect of the riders they employ

There is so much wrong with the administration of speedway and that's another reason for the lack of bodies on the terraces , but perhaps we can save that for another day.

With regard to your comment about me approaching retirement territory, you are wrong I'm already there but it doesn't mean my brain won't function. :D

• Like 5

We are only really looking at 3 riders here. Lindgren is in the twilight of his career and Holder is on a rapid downward. That leaves Doyle. The rest fled last season.

Add in Fricke, Thorsell, Jack Holder who are currently riding over there and possibly the likes of maybe Bjerre, Lambert and Cook who could all be considered by the 'Top League' teams...

What does it matter if they were informed?

All of the other promoters would have known, had they wanted to sign either of them they would have made a move.

As it is, nobody wanted them.

Why not tell the riders on the Friday then? If nothing else it would have dented their egos that they were unwanted.

But to not tell them til the Monday seems unnecessarily vindictive.

Add in Fricke, Thorsell, Jack Holder who are currently riding over there and possibly the likes of maybe Bjerre, Lambert and Cook who could all be considered by the 'Top League' teams...

Correct. Was it a mistake that no one mentioned KK? Lindgren is hardly on his twilight years at 31. I'd imagine the likes of Kurtz and Morris could potentially push for a place as well. Hopefully Bewley in a few seasons also
  • Like 1

They deliberately waited till after the cut of date to stop anybody else signing them. No supprise there..

Thing is, whilst you and every other Poole fan are entitled to be in a strop because you can't sign either of them, I can't really see how Poole could have made their side any better?

Bringing one or both of them in would surely have spelt the end for Andersen, Kurtz or J Holder, thus rendering the changes pointless?

Edited by CB252

busters done something for every club in the land, really, crude or otherwise.

• Like 3

The question needs to be asked. Would Holder and Batch have conducted themselves in the same manner if it had been in Poland ?

That Will be a no.

• Like 4

The question needs to be asked. Would Holder and Batch have conducted themselves in the same manner if it had been in Poland ?

No. But you take into account the money you are paid vs the risk. People who take security jobs in conflict zones wouldn't do it for the pay they'd get doing a supermarket security job.
  • Like 1