British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Will that make his visa invalid?

Sure will !!!

Could there possibly be more to this than is obvious??

Fully agree with his original ban, and tbh his sacking and the timing but to extend it for so long!!

Have they been storing this up for a while to finally stamp on those riders who moan and whinge all the time but still take the £££££s when it suits.

Bit gob smacked by all of this. Fully supported his original 28 day ban and his sacking but 9 months!!! I'm wondering if he has actually got another 28 day ban which starts from the beginning of next season and there's been some journalist licence taken. There again it doesn't change much as he couldn't ride in the UK this season anyway. Maybe it's karma for all the male cow dung he has been spouting on twitter, the comments to Graham Drury in particular were totally out of order, maybe that's what breaching rule 3.2.7 refers to.

Forgive the ramblings

I was wondering if he'll get a further ban for his posts on Twitter. Calling people names is not what a professional sportsman should be doing as Lewis Bridger found out.

He couldn't even be bothered to turn up and defend himself, says everything!

• Like 1

Could there possibly be more to this than is obvious??

Fully agree with his original ban, and tbh his sacking and the timing but to extend it for so long!!

Have they been storing this up for a while to finally stamp on those riders who moan and whinge all the time but still take the £££££s when it suits.

I commented on this earlier , I don't see this as a 9 month ban at all.

Holder is out of work in UK because the July cut off prevents anyone signing him .(same applies to Batchelor) That effectively means they are finished in this country until next march.

Holder has also attracted an extra 28 days so that takes him to April.

I suppose it depends on each persons view of this matter but my opinion is that in Holder's case his ban is just 28days.

Holder is out of work in UK because the July cut off prevents anyone signing him .(same applies to Batchelor) That effectively means they are finished in this country until next march.

I suppose it depends on each persons view of this matter but my opinion is that in Holder's case his ban is just 28days.

That's my guess too. The British season traditionally starts on March 15th, add 28 days and you get to April 13th which is when Holder is able to ride in Britain again.

• Like 1

So not really a ban then?

If they wanted to ban him that would affect his riding in UK why didnt they say ban until end of May 2018

So not really a ban then?

If they wanted to ban him that would affect his riding in UK why didnt they say ban until end of May 2018

Ah!!!! that's another can of worms. :D

Are people missing the point, the ban will affect his visa application for 2018 so could be missing until 2019.

He has been banned from the evening of the meeting where he refused to ride which means August, September, part of October (if KL had made the playoffs) and mid-March to mid-April) - that's at least 3 months. So Buster's spiteful and vindictive actions were in vain - as he was already banned - not so in Batch's case

Not necessarily true. Perhaps there are plans to have two leagues ~ North and South ~ using riders who actually want to ride in the UK. I really like the sound of this, with play offs between the top two from each league at the end of the season. I'm still optimistic this will happen while I'm still able to get to Speedway meetings.

Hear hear me too.
  • Like 1

He has been banned from the evening of the meeting where he refused to ride which means August, September, part of October (if KL had made the playoffs) and mid-March to mid-April) - that's at least 3 months. So Buster's spiteful and vindictive actions were in vain - as he was already banned - not so in Batch's case

You say spiteful... others say 'fair', 'justified', 'just-deserts'.

• Like 1

He hasn't been banned for August ,Sept .Oct, He doesn't have a team in the UK at present. No debate required. :D

Batch got his dubious sick note as I said earlier which saved him from his due punishment

Edited by Dave Jones