British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

we were discussing this ban the other night .

danny bird got a ban, BUT his suspension from british speedway did not start until he paid his fine .

danny didnt pay the fine , so his ban is still pending .

also i hope the ban is only in force during the actual british speedway season and not during the close season .

http://www.speedwaystar.net/news.php?extend.386.1

I can't see any reason for an appeal, Holder is out of UK speedway for this season given the transfer window date. Then we have 5 months break for the close season, providing he pays his fine he can be back in action 4 weeks after next season starts.

When you break it down it's not much of a ban really, and I doubt 3 grand will inconvenience him either.

I suppose his biggest issue will be a work permit for 2018.

I hope he does appeal, so the ban then will be suspended until the hearing, which means he will miss more of 2018 when it is upheld (and extended).

He looked a shadow of his former self last night... I wonder if Poole fans really want him back?

Edited by TheReturn

I hope he does appeal, so the ban then will be suspended until the hearing, which means he will miss more of 2018 when it is upheld (and extended).

He looked a shadow of his former self last night... I wonder if Poole fans really want him back?

Don't disagree with any of that. ;)

"Batchelor withdrew from the same meeting owing to injury and, on production of a medical certificate, the SCB took no further action against him."

I bet Fricke is glad he didn't take chapman up on his offer.

'Broken neck? Get on that bike or you're fired you soft Aussie whinger'.

Are there any depths chapman isn't prepared to stoop to? Belle Vue fans already had the heads up long before we moved the new stadium, but it has just been one thing after another. The man has no shame, he must be a proper nasty piece of work, no wonder British speedway is in so bad a state with him calling the shots.

You are wasting your time on me Fred, I can't say I've read much you have posted that I can agree with since you have been on your current "mission" :neutral:

• Like 9

There is more too his ban than just his refusal to ride that night on a track that Was fit to race on.

Any british fans still happy to support DW43 ? Lets hope Not

Edited by rocketman77

So it's self employed when it suits, but 'denied a living' when it doesn't? :rolleyes:

Exactly!

• Like 2

I dont think they serve any purpose at all. Another idea to make a quick buck.

Yep without British speedway none would have got to and been where they are were. But on the flip side, had you been professional at something wouldn't you have appreciated the help like Darcy has got ?? My guess it would be yes.

Yea youd appreciate the help like darcy ward has got yet wouldnt go slagging british speedway off on social media like Ward has done.

The guy is an absolute pillock. I hope he doesnt gain another penny out of uk speedway.

• Like 4

Fred Flange, on 13 Aug 2017 - 7:19 PM, said:

Are there any depths chapman isn't prepared to stoop to? Belle Vue fans already had the heads up long before we moved the new stadium, but it has just been one thing after another. The man has no shame, he must be a proper nasty piece of work, no wonder British speedway is in so bad a state with him calling the shots.

I thought Chapman was the Chairman?...anybody with an inkling of any sense would realise that the decision of CH ban from British speedway would be made by the committee, Chapman may of been the catalyst for the push for the ban but the final decision would of been made by the committee which he probably doesn't get a vote on...or I could be completely wrong?

I dont think they serve any purpose at all. Another idea to make a quick buck.

Yep without British speedway none would have got to and been where they are were. But on the flip side, had you been professional at something wouldn't you have appreciated the help like Darcy has got ?? My guess it would be

Edited by Pinny

so basically its garbage and he can't be doing with garbage.

I wonder how many British promoters would take a chance on Holder going forward?

Just to summarise, both sides are winners, Chapman has off loaded Holder and Holder doesn't have to ride for Chapman.

Edited by Odds On
  • Like 6

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/5987/holder-no-regrets-over-safety Holder's response is about what you'd expect but it doesn't come across as doing him many favours, the appeal should be interesting anyway.

I do see Holder's point, he is an ex WC and knows a bad track when he see's one.

Forget who is right or wrong but its unfair that Chapman wanted to fine, ban and stuff Holder for this season yet he sits on the management panel. Its all loaded one way as judge and jury. It's never going to be a fair process of two sides for prosecution and defense with an independent judge ruling on any possible punishment.

I do see Holder's point, he is an ex WC and knows a bad track when he see's one.

Forget who is right or wrong but its unfair that Chapman wanted to fine, ban and stuff Holder for this season yet he sits on the management panel. Its all loaded one way as judge and jury. It's never going to be a fair process of two sides for prosecution and defense with an independent judge ruling on any possible punishment.

Buster is BSPA chairman, he has no power over who the SCB suspend or ban. The only control he had was to sack Holder and plenty of riders have been sacked over the years fo ding nothing wrong.