British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Now how do we fit Chris in ?

Probably first name on your list for 2018 along with Newman on a 3.5. Shame Matt stuffed up with releasing KK or you could have had those 3 plus Shanes as your first four signings for next year with enough points left over for J Holder Kurtz and Andersen, or some other combination of HL.

An example to who? The other GP boys who don't want to ride over here? We should be grateful to have them at all. This league is dog food.

If the claim that Poland will only allow riders to go in one other league next year comes to fruition, you wouldn't see any anyway. Under-performing and being disruptive gets you the sack, whatever you do.

• Like 1

An example to who? The other GP boys who don't want to ride over here? We should be grateful to have them at all. This league is dog food.

We only get the Aussies because it is convenient for them, visa and live here during the season.

• Like 1

Well you are entitled to that opinion , but perhaps a look at the bigger picture might be a good idea. ;)

Are you joking? Can I hazard a guess that you're one of the many members on here approaching retirement territory? The big picture is incredibly simple to see, and yet you and so many others seem blind to it. Every year less and less people are paying for speedway in Britain. The people who are still paying are predominantly grey haired and won't be around forever. It doesn't take a genius to work out how that scenario ends. That's the bigger picture.

Absolute nonsense.

Fans pay their wages and deserve better. Two supposed top guns, who fans pay to see, walk out of a meeting as they dont fancy the track. Dont bother riding in the uk if they dont like it.

Their riding in the UK as they have to, so should show more respect to the people who pay their wages every week.

Neither of them will be a big miss. Get shot completely of them and watch them

Come running back when no team on the continent wants them.

Wake up. The wages we pay over here do not compare to the wages they see abroad. We pay them far less money for far riskier work. We should be grateful to have them. Well... doesn't matter anymore because we're chucking the last of them out. And even if that fails to get rid of them completely, next years cost cutting exercises to "rebuild" the sport will surely cull the remaining couple.

Getting rid of a rider is one thing, but engineering it so that they cannot find further employment this year is disgraceful.

• Like 2

The top riders must hold the BSPA in complete disdain if not outright contempt..

No wonder so many give it a swerve..

Next year's rumoured Polish rules will complete the cull of top riders riding over here I would suggest...

Am I not right in thinking that Lambert, Hukenbeck also refused to ride. Surely Holder & Batch are riders of experience so their opinions on whether the track was/is dangerous should be listened too?!

They didnt come out for a heat wanting work doing but they didnt refuse or go home after the track grade no. They were listened to eventually, they did track work. Hans Andersen and Lambert said the track was fine after that happened. Holder and Batchelor went home.

• Like 1

The top riders must hold the BSPA in complete disdain if not outright contempt..

No wonder so many give it a swerve..

Next year's rumoured Polish rules will complete the cull of top riders riding over here I would suggest...

That might be the case until the riders in Poland also get shafted.

• Like 2

Are you joking? Can I hazard a guess that you're one of the many members on here approaching retirement territory? The big picture is incredibly simple to see, and yet you and so many others seem blind to it. Every year less and less people are paying for speedway in Britain. The people who are still paying are predominantly grey haired and won't be around forever. It doesn't take a genius to work out how that scenario ends. That's the bigger picture.

Wake up. The wages we pay over here do not compare to the wages they see abroad. We pay them far less money for far riskier work. We should be grateful to have them. Well... doesn't matter anymore because we're chucking the last of them out. And even if that fails to get rid of them completely, next years cost cutting exercises to "rebuild" the sport will surely cull the remaining couple.

Getting rid of a rider is one thing, but engineering it so that they cannot find further employment this year is disgraceful.

So why the hell are they riding over here at all then? Cos they want to entertain the fans? Give over ffs!!!

• Like 6

They both missed a race tho? Whether Holder or Batch were right to do what they did can be argued until the cows comes home.

Are KL right to not inform them prior to 28th they were being released....of course they're not. That's as unprofessional as it gets I'm afraid....the chairman of the bspa as well. Shocking behaviour IMO

I hate bashing British speedway but sometimes it fails itself.

They didnt come out for a heat wanting work doing but they didnt refuse or go home after the track grade no. They were listened to eventually, they did track work. Hans Andersen and Lambert said the track was fine after that happened. Holder and Batchelor went home.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 3

When Segy was "Released" by Ipswich he stated that as he never had a team in the U.K. His Visa would be revoked, Will this also apply to the 2 Kings Lynn renegades

We are only really looking at 3 riders here. Lindgren is in the twilight of his career and Holder is on a rapid downward. That leaves Doyle. The rest fled last season.

They both missed a race tho? Whether Holder or Batch were right to do what they did can be argued until the cows comes home.

Are KL right to not inform them prior to 28th they were being released....of course they're not. That's as unprofessional as it gets I'm afraid....the chairman of the bspa as well. Shocking behaviour IMO

I hate bashing British speedway but sometimes it fails itself.

What does it matter if they were informed?

All of the other promoters would have known, had they wanted to sign either of them they would have made a move.

As it is, nobody wanted them.

• Like 5

Oh my goodness people stay off Twitter, moaning speedway riders, dont you just love them.