British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

If the track was dangerous Andersen would have been the first one to have his say.

Absolutely spot on. Every word of it. If Chapman had done his job properly in the first place, none of this would have happened.

Can we have a straw poll please? Who was there that night? I was and therefore feel entitled to my opinion as to the track conditions. There are many facts available as to the track condition that night. If you fall into the "Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up" category, own up so we can consider your comments accordingly

• Like 1

How come the reserves rode it but the brothers grim wouldn't / couldn't ?

I'm done with this.Both sacked says it all

• Like 2

Guest Scunny2012

Just seen Chris Holder in a Polish league match ,way off the pace probably won't last much longer there, the championship league beckons.

Haven't read much of this thread.

But I'll say this.

The track was rubbishe. Bolts and nuts everywhere if you belive the rumour. Second hand from the stox.

I don't blame holder or troy for downing tools.

This British bulldog mentality has stepped in once more when we need it least.

If a track us crap, don't race it.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

The track was rubbishe. Bolts and nuts everywhere if you belive the rumour.

Who was there that night?

And the answer is?

But I'll say this.

The track was rubbishe. Bolts and nuts everywhere if you belive the rumour. Second hand from the stox.

School soon.Do one

But I'll say this.

Were you there?

I ask you the question, why do you think he's the shadow of the man or person he once was.

What reply are you wanting him to say ?

His mate got injured in a racing incident, rather than a track failure. Irrelevant.

His family shenanigans are his own issue. Irrelevant.

It's obvious this isn't the Chris Holder of old. It's pointless to speculate why, only he knows. My guess is it's mental rather then mechanical. Something has clearly changed since Darcy Wards unfortunate accident.

If you're not giving 100% it's really time to be thinking about chucking it all in. You're cheating your employers, you're cheating your fans and more importantly you're cheating yourself.

Most speedway supporters can forgive a trier, but not many will tolerate one who's clearly going through the motions.

He seems to put more effort into his social media posts then he does on the track.

A tragic waste of talent.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 5

Would have been a good post except for one fact. Buster Chapman caused the whole sorry issue by failing to prepare a safe racing track. I have stated that neither Holder or Batchelor acted responsibly, but rather than just sack the pair, (he clearly doesn't have an apology in his repertoire) he then became vindictive by making sure both riders couldn't ride again this season. The whole episode is the fault of Chapman. The right thing to have done would have been to apologise to the riders and fans for preparing a track deemed dangerous. But instead he acted spitefully and in a retaliatory manner unbecoming of someone who is currently the BSPA chairman.

It appears you wont learn.. Buster had nothing to do with the way Holder acted. Supporter don't pay good money to come and watch Buster ride round on a tractor, they pay to watch riders like Holder ply their skills If Buster acted like an idiot, walked about naked, drove the tractor round backwards, it should have had no bearing on how Holder behaved. He is a professional rider well paid to ride his bike., Unlike his fellow riders it was only Holder who refused to ride. Whatever the faults that Buster done is a separate issue....

Under your philosophy, A man in court for shooting a stranger, his defence would be, Sorry your honour, but it was the shopkeeper at fault. It he hadn't sold me that gun I wouldn't been able to shoot him... An amazing thought....

I ask you the question, why do you think he's the shadow of the man or person he once was.

Holder once was the pinnacle of his trade. He stood proud as a role model for all to follow. He had a stature of responsibility and his opinion was valued. He should have been promoting the sport and using his image to overcome any petty issue like track conditions, not acting like a spoilt child Never would you imagine him to be doing back biting comments and sarcasm on social media. it was thought he was far too intelligent than that. Over the past years his form has suffered from that man who once ruled the world. I take note of the upheaval he has suffered and the stress that accompanies it . But he is a shadow of the rider he once was. Where once he would fight for every position, now its whatever he gates, it'll do.

It hurts me to see the demise of a rider I once thought had an exceptional talent. And what has happened recently only highlights that nobody knows what the future may hold.....

• Like 5

Anyone know if Chris holder is still got a team place at tourn ?? As heard a couple of rumours that he has been dropped

I was there on the night. The track looked good and rode well in the first few races with VERY fast times. Not a crap track but it seems not easy for the chasing riders but we do not pay towards their wages for it to be easy ( I could do it if it was easy ). It was ridiculous well as a farce for the paying public and made me never want to go to KLS again IF Holder & Batchelor were in the team. I applaud Buster's efforts at re-structuring the club as he needs to "win the terraces" if speedway is to be viable in KL.

It appears you wont learn.. Buster had nothing to do with the way Holder acted. Supporter don't pay good money to come and watch Buster ride round on a tractor, they pay to watch riders like Holder ply their skills If Buster acted like an idiot, walked about naked, drove the tractor round backwards, it should have had no bearing on how Holder behaved. He is a professional rider well paid to ride his bike., Unlike his fellow riders it was only Holder who refused to ride. Whatever the faults that Buster done is a separate issue....

Under your philosophy, A man in court for shooting a stranger, his defence would be, Sorry your honour, but it was the shopkeeper at fault. It he hadn't sold me that gun I wouldn't been able to shoot him... An amazing thought....

Holder once was the pinnacle of his trade. He stood proud as a role model for all to follow. He had a stature of responsibility and his opinion was valued. He should have been promoting the sport and using his image to overcome any petty issue like track conditions, not acting like a spoilt child Never would you imagine him to be doing back biting comments and sarcasm on social media. it was thought he was far too intelligent than that. Over the past years his form has suffered from that man who once ruled the world. I take note of the upheaval he has suffered and the stress that accompanies it . But he is a shadow of the rider he once was. Where once he would fight for every position, now its whatever he gates, it'll do.

It hurts me to see the demise of a rider I once thought had an exceptional talent. And what has happened recently only highlights that nobody knows what the future may hold.....

Your post makes no sense sorry.

I have said all along that Holder and Batchelor didn't deal with the situation very well. But. The only reason for all this mess is the disastrous track prep by Buster Chapman. There would have been no issue if the track had been prepped correctly. Chapman cocked it up. The rest is history.

Personally when i go to watch Poole i go to watch the team not just one rider! I don't think I would ever go just to watch Eddie Kennett for example, if i went as a neutral I would need 5/6 riders to be there that i liked to go.

yes you are totally correct,what i meant was he was part of a team,along with Holder,who the supporters of Lynn has paid to watch,

in other other words,the rest of the team manged to ride....

Big home defeat, very poor crowd, terrible looking Team, yes the BSPA Chairman certainly knows how to turn things around, put that together with the engine deal, they brokered, wouldn't look too good on a CV.