British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Buster bladed the track last night so it was as it had been before that Thursday... that's been one of the things for me, why completely change the track conditions for that Thursday against Poole when we wanted everyone to be confident and set up, we wanted to beat the Pirates, should've done the double on them and could've, but no, rest is history 🙁

Cos the racing as been cack all season. So maybe Buster thought he would try and get it back to the way it has been in the past. We were spolit back in the day Trees, the track has been going down and down as far as racing and entertainment are concerned.

The times of the first few heats on that Thursday, were as quick as we have seen for some time, and they looked quick. Things went pear shaped after heat 4/5 for whatever reason. We can all play the blame game, that's easy with hindsight. Tracks are not always perfect. the big problem for me was the way the fans were treated with no info coming from anywhere.

For me they have all got what they deserve. Buster has pi55 poor crowds for the remainder of the season and the 2 riders wont have to worry about riding any dodgy tracks in the Uk for some time...

You Reap what you sow.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

Your post makes no sense sorry.

I have said all along that Holder and Batchelor didn't deal with the situation very well. But. The only reason for all this mess is the disastrous track prep by Buster Chapman. There would have been no issue if the track had been prepped correctly. Chapman cocked it up. The rest is history.

And as i quoted you before,if the track was that bad your number one would have been the first one to do a runner.

Cos the racing as been cack all season. So maybe Buster thought he would try and get it back to the way it has been in the past. We were spolit back in the day Trees, the track has been going down and down as far as racing and entertainment are concerned.

The times of the first few heats on that Thursday, were as quick as we have seen for some time, and they looked quick. Things went pear shaped after heat 4/5 for whatever reason. We can all play the blame game, that's easy with hindsight. Tracks are not always perfect. the big problem for me was the way the fans were treated with no info coming from anywhere.

For me they have all got what they deserve. Buster has pi55 poor crowds for the remainder of the season and the 2 riders wont have to worry about riding any dodgy tracks in the Uk for some time...

You Reap what you sow.

Seems like you would be quite happy to see another club fold.

Tell, happy ? nope. But lose any sleep over it ? Nope. The People running the sport over the last X numbers of years should hang their heads in shame. They have destroyed what was once a great sport/Form of entertainment.

Every season it just lurches from one disaster to the next. Est 700 people at Saddlebow last nights speaks volumes. Gone are the days when you can treat people like mug Punters. People today are far more cute than that. You want their hard earned penny's, then you have to fight every other form of entertainment for it. Sadly speedway continues to shoot itself in the foot. The other Thursday's night is a prime example. It came across as &^%$ the fans, just worry about our own little in house arguments. Then all Buster has to do is stick a bit online or in the EDP to say that's there is nothing to see here, address the few who can then be bothered to turn up from the centre and everything is well with the world.

Dream On....

I have said all along that Holder and Batchelor didn't deal with the situation very well. But. The only reason for all this mess is the disastrous track prep by Buster Chapman. There would have been no issue if the track had been prepped correctly. Chapman cocked it up. The rest is history.

its funny if you add a few names to that of holder and batchelor principally doyle, and change chapmans name to perhaps richter or ford and you could well be talking about the debacle that was pooles opening meeting this yr.

• Like 2

............... The rest is history.

No its Holder & Batchelor who are history............. also pleasing to think that they are now seeking Wednesday employment filling supermarket shelves :rofl:

• Like 1

I am usually just a viewer of topics and rarely post, so no doubt some will think this a fake account but just wanted to give my two pence worth:

Someone stated the track had nuts and bolts left over from the stock cars....I would dispute that as there were no stock cars the previous weekend. The previous weekend was Dirtquake and I doubt there was much in the way of metal debris left on the track after that. Anyone who watched it on ITV4 would see there was plenty of track work done during the two days and very little in the way of dirt.

The track for the Poole meeting was obviously different from normal. The fast times would lead you to assume that is was different, but not unrideable. Much track work ensued mid meeting, and the meeting was completed, so again it was rideable.

The problem as I see it, is that certain riders did not like it. I'm sure other riders don't like other tracks on certain dates but surely the rider is a professional and it is their job to ride the track presented by adapting lines, techniques and equipment to suit the conditions.

Isn't that what sets the top riders apart from others? Their ability to adapt quicker and keep on top of conditions and setups?

Each track will be different each week, sometimes in a small way but sometimes in a bigger way as was the case for this one.

The resulting actions have been well documented and I support Kings Lynn in their decision making. I would rather see 7 riders committed to racing and losing, than I would see half a team committed while the others were not interested and maybe won or maybe lost.

Good luck to THJ and MPT for the remaining fixtures.

Holder and Batchelor treated the club and fans with contempt and have paid the price. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Exactly!

It's sad, so sad, it's a sad sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd

• Like 3

It's sad, so sad, it's a sad sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd

OK, Elton John :party::party:

Absolute tosh!

12 riders were happy to race on and 2 didnt. 2 riders who are well known for whinging and moaning.

Ok so the track wasnt great but during your reports during the meeting you were wondering why the Kings Lynn riders were not racing. Now you seem to agree that they were right not to race.

Well done Buster Chapman for making a stand. We dont need the likes of Holder and Batch over here.

Even better that he made sure no other clubs could get hold of them

• Like 3

Just seen Chris Holder in a Polish league match ,way off the pace probably won't last much longer there, the championship league beckons.

Been past his sell-by date for some time :sad:

I am usually just a viewer of topics and rarely post, so no doubt some will think this a fake account but just wanted to give my two pence worth:

Someone stated the track had nuts and bolts left over from the stock cars....I would dispute that as there were no stock cars the previous weekend. The previous weekend was Dirtquake and I doubt there was much in the way of metal debris left on the track after that. Anyone who watched it on ITV4 would see there was plenty of track work done during the two days and very little in the way of dirt.

The track for the Poole meeting was obviously different from normal. The fast times would lead you to assume that is was different, but not unrideable. Much track work ensued mid meeting, and the meeting was completed, so again it was rideable.

The problem as I see it, is that certain riders did not like it. I'm sure other riders don't like other tracks on certain dates but surely the rider is a professional and it is their job to ride the track presented by adapting lines, techniques and equipment to suit the conditions.

Isn't that what sets the top riders apart from others? Their ability to adapt quicker and keep on top of conditions and setups?

Each track will be different each week, sometimes in a small way but sometimes in a bigger way as was the case for this one.

The resulting actions have been well documented and I support Kings Lynn in their decision making. I would rather see 7 riders committed to racing and losing, than I would see half a team committed while the others were not interested and maybe won or maybe lost.

Good luck to THJ and MPT for the remaining fixtures.

Holder and Batchelor treated the club and fans with contempt and have paid the price. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Sums it up nicely. Completely right and anyone with more than a single brain cell knows it.

• Like 2

Go On Reg, give it some my son.

• Like 2

His professionalism (or lack of) showing through on Twitter last night with his sarcastic response to the KL defeat retweet he made, no thought to his former teammates and fans who supported him at KL.

Kings Lynn might have lost, but do you really want a man like that representing your club?

• Like 2

I find it quite gratifying to finally see Batchelor dumped on from a great height after how he's shat on and generally messed people about over the years....

Agreed - that is indeed one of the most pleasing aspects of this sorry saga! :)