British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

They're not employed here so can't be banned I guess you can say .....

I guess you could say that there is such a thing as bringing a sport into disrepute ( I know that's difficult when you look at this sport's admin) .

If you just consider the Joey Barton situation , he stepped out of line suffered a long ban and got sacked so he can't play for anyone for a while.

The same could be applied to these two riders, give them a ban and stop them working in british speedway for a while,as self employed guys they can go elsewhere and earn their wages .

• Like 1

True, but lets hope promotors remember their abuse of the BSPA and this tarnishes them for employment next season and beyond.

Like I said in another thread, so many sycophants on Twitter all of whom are siding with these two idiots when they take pops at British speedway, failing to realise that Holder and Batchelor are not in this to save British speedway or make positive suggestions to help British speedway, they are only looking out for themselves.

• Like 7

The reason blue chip companies aren't interested is the overall popularity of the sport, the perception of it and the demographic of the average speedway fan.

Good point, and almost certainly a correct one.

It's nothing to do with riders the companies are unaware of making comments on Twitter.

You couldn't be more wrong on that. It's well known that employers and/or potential sponsors monitor social media sites to see what's happening out there and to look for any unsuitable comments being made and by whom. Whether they go as far as looking at club sites as well, as was claimed on a club discussion forum a few years ago, I wouldn't like to say, but I find that extremely unlikely.

That's not what he said. He said "We", which I would take to be KL. Who were doing well earlier in the season and had just thrashed Poole the previous night.

Absolutely correct, and your take that he means Kings Lynn is almost certainly the right one as well. On the other hand, I'd hardly call a five point win at Poole the previous night a thrashing.

By and large, Chris Holder has kept his counsel over this matter until this last tweet, which is not only ill advised, but is also, shall we say, inappropriately worded.

Alternatively you could take "we" to mean Batch and Holder which would be a stretch, but Batch at least had a good season.

I'm taking here that you mean 'reason' not season'. In which case we are talking about his withdrawal from the match against Poole. We've only got his word that the injury was genuine, and as we have seen since, his word is worth naff all. He decided to slink away with no bye or leave and Chris Holder was left to carry the can, as he was the only one who, rightly or wrongly (wrongly I believe) declined to resume racing after the track work was completed. Batchelor then put in two sterling performances for Swindon before picking up a potentially genuine injury at Leicester. The fact that he was given the all-clear and resumed racing for the Stars and put virtually nil effort into that racing must have been the last straw for Buster.

Troyboy has been all over the media trying to justify what has happened. All he has done is make himself look extremely stupid, a person who will not take personal responsibility for anything. Holder, as I have said, has been largely silent over the matter. However, his actions on the night in question and his last badly advised tweet have left him with nowhere to go either. In his case, if it is the last we see of him in British speedway, it's a very sad way to go out. As for Batchelor, if never see him in Britain again, it would still be way too soon.

• Like 3

Probably nailed on that Matt Ford will sign them both next season, in Holder's case on a very attractive average.

But it would be nice if all promoters could take a stand and tell them to get stuffed. I was sympathetic to their concerns at first (like to hear both sides of the story, plus I don't think Chapman is the right man to essentially be running British Speedway) until their unprofessional, snobby and arrogant remarks on Twitter to both Kings Lynn and Speedway fans in general. If you're a PROFESSIONAL sportsman, then you should act like it.

I'd rather we try harder to attract more of the European lads to come over here, maybe not the top ones for reasons we've all discussed but rather mid level guys such as Sundstrom and Gomolski. I don't see many of them constantly whinge about tracks, whilst my Twitter Feed is full of Aussies doing exactly that.

End of the day, the Aussies benefit the most from British Speedway - they come over here as youngsters and develop whilst the UK also provides a comfortable base for them where the language and culture is similar. Then when they are trained up to be good enough for the Swedish and Polish leagues, it provides a relatively easy location to travel from, by which time they're settled, sometimes with families etc. That's great for them and I have no problem with that, but British Speedway shouldn't be treated with such disdain in return by the likes of Holder who probably wouldn't be as good of a rider as he is today without the stepping stone that our leagues provided for him. It should be a Win/Win situation for both parties but I think it's quickly turning one sided at the moment.

• Like 3

It would i guess be possible to put a ban on them that starts when they sign a contract,ignoring the winter break of course.Or a fine that is to be payed when they ride in the league again.So anyone who signs them knows they will have to miss a month or two at the start of next season,or when they cme to ride they have to pay the fine before they start etc

The reason blue chip companies aren't interested is the overall popularity of the sport, the perception of it and the demographic of the average speedway fan. It's nothing to do with riders the companies are unaware of making comments on Twitter.

That's not what he said. He said "We", which I would take to be KL. Who were doing well earlier in the season and had just thrashed Poole the previous night. Alternatively you could take "we" to mean Batch and Holder which would be a stretch, but Batch at least had a good season.

Not defending Holder, but at least don't lie about what he tweeted.

Apologies he did say we and not he, was probably more aimed at the team in general yes but KL weren't even in the playoffs at the time of there sacking so they still weren't really killing it.

That aside the whole situation has been handled so badly nobody comes out of it smelling of roses.

• Like 1

Holder should use his head a little and think about the future.As every year passes he seems to loose a little form from the year before. If this continues how long is it before he is out of the GPs and the top teams in Poland and Monster drop him.He might be happy then to have the British league to fall back on.

That is if any British club wants him.

Edited by B.V 72

Holder on a 7 will have no shortage of offers from the uk next year. Given Aces will likely need to let someone go in order to fit under the limit, maybe Holder in for Bjerre? Be no cause for whinging about the home track and I'd expect holder to emulate bjerres scoring on a 2 point lower average.

I will be amazed if Chris H isn't back at Poole next year. Not only because its his first love for a UK track but also because of personal reasons as it keeps him close to his son.

I question if people really appreciate the toll that Darcy's accident and the split in his personal life may have affected him as an individual. The latter part of 2015 and through 2016 were difficult times just coming to terms with both situations let alone trying to get over them and moving on. At least he didn't put 2 fingers up to UK as most did incl our top UK rider.

However from a riding perspective their seem to have been a number of established top World Class riders who have struggled this year on their equipment that seems to revolve around tuning. Guys such as Kildermand - Saifutinov - Piotr Pawliski - Kasparzack to name just a few, and many others have had crazy up and down seasons with far to many low scores by their standards. Its not only C.Holder who has struggled although he stands out riding in UK.

I cannot believe that he can have as bad a season next season as this. He is not bogged down by multiple league racing now and with Torun's season almost over (2 meetings as way out of play offs) plus some more Swedish and what GP's are left he can perhaps put in more time in trying to find a solution to the lack of speed he has had this year. Unlike say a Hans Anderson who is constantly travelling in 4 leagues plus individual meetings which in my opinion is taking its toll on the guy yet gain.

Even if Holder misses out on the GP then for sure as a ex World Champion who has always been in the top 8 I can't see him not being offered a Wild Card for at least next season in the very least. There are enough non World Champs who have recvd them year on year.

British Speedway is in a real mess already with a lack of World Class riders and the recent actions of CH and Batch certainly didn't help, but the spiteful action of Chapman knowing how he was screwing over both for the rest of this season was unreal. Especially having already given Holder a 28 day ban as punishment. His attempt then on trying to compound it further by the his actions regarding Jack Holder and trying to punish Peterborough were made even more laughable when they won the Fours without him plus posted their best ever crowd for the event. Maybe Chapman should have zipped it until after the Peterborough announcements came out when the dust had settled as in my opinion he made himself look foolish. The Club agreed to the move - benefited from it financially and still did well out of the Fours in both winning it and with a record crowd.

I still think the only way forward is for some form of combining the Prem and Champ. How it can be done I don't profess to have the answer but that's the job of the BSPA.

Something has to be done as Speedway in this country at the top level is fast going down the toilet if we don't.

• Like 2

I have to say that this was a ballsy move by Buster Chapman.

Sure, our league and BSPA have their failings but I've grown tired of seeing riders treat it with distain.

If you don't want to ride here, then don't. Not now, not ever.

And certainly don't use it as a stepping stone to Poland and then when you think you have made the big time, start insulting and moaning about everything.

In order to be taken more serious, we have to make stands like this regardless if the rider in question holds sentimental value to your club.

Edited by Nick Rushbrook
  • Like 6

Good point, and almost certainly a correct one.

You couldn't be more wrong on that. It's well known that employers and/or potential sponsors monitor social media sites to see what's happening out there and to look for any unsuitable comments being made and by whom. Whether they go as far as looking at club sites as well, as was claimed on a club discussion forum a few years ago, I wouldn't like to say, but I find that extremely unlikely.

Absolutely correct, and your take that he means Kings Lynn is almost certainly the right one as well. On the other hand, I'd hardly call a five point win at Poole the previous night a thrashing.

By and large, Chris Holder has kept his counsel over this matter until this last tweet, which is not only ill advised, but is also, shall we say, inappropriately worded.

I'm taking here that you mean 'reason' not season'. In which case we are talking about his withdrawal from the match against Poole. We've only got his word that the injury was genuine, and as we have seen since, his word is worth naff all. He decided to slink away with no bye or leave and Chris Holder was left to carry the can, as he was the only one who, rightly or wrongly (wrongly I believe) declined to resume racing after the track work was completed. Batchelor then put in two sterling performances for Swindon before picking up a potentially genuine injury at Leicester. The fact that he was given the all-clear and resumed racing for the Stars and put virtually nil effort into that racing must have been the last straw for Buster.

Troyboy has been all over the media trying to justify what has happened. All he has done is make himself look extremely stupid, a person who will not take personal responsibility for anything. Holder, as I have said, has been largely silent over the matter. However, his actions on the night in question and his last badly advised tweet have left him with nowhere to go either. In his case, if it is the last we see of him in British speedway, it's a very sad way to go out. As for Batchelor, if never see him in Britain again, it would still be way too soon.

Batchelor has always been an unintelligent little boy who has never been able to grow up. Holder has been to the top and seems to find it difficult to accept that his best days are long gone. He has descended the slippery slope to mediocrity and appears to find it difficult to understand his current status.

• Like 1

He'll be back in 2018 and most likely at Poole. I just wish that he would acknowledge his mistake, accept the formal punishment and the informal one ( missing the last two months of the season ). Any further outbursts will not endear him to British fans. As with Batchelor. Both of them are attractive to team builders , especially CH on a lowish average. If he is still employed at the top level in Poland he will have the choice ( or so it looks ) of only one other and that will be Sweden, if they require his services. The UK probably is a fallback position for him. I think that the sport in the UK is better without the GP riders.

Any further outbursts will not endear him to British fans.

Don't kid yourself, fans are fickle and stupid... just look at Poole fans. :lol:

Edited by TheReturn

I will be amazed if Chris H isn't back at Poole next year. Not only because its his first love for a UK track but also because of personal reasons as it keeps him close to his son.

I question if people really appreciate the toll that Darcy's accident and the split in his personal life may have affected him as an individual. The latter part of 2015 and through 2016 were difficult times just coming to terms with both situations let alone trying to get over them and moving on. At least he didn't put 2 fingers up to UK as most did incl our top UK rider.

However from a riding perspective their seem to have been a number of established top World Class riders who have struggled this year on their equipment that seems to revolve around tuning. Guys such as Kildermand - Saifutinov - Piotr Pawliski - Kasparzack to name just a few, and many others have had crazy up and down seasons with far to many low scores by their standards. Its not only C.Holder who has struggled although he stands out riding in UK.

I cannot believe that he can have as bad a season next season as this. He is not bogged down by multiple league racing now and with Torun's season almost over (2 meetings as way out of play offs) plus some more Swedish and what GP's are left he can perhaps put in more time in trying to find a solution to the lack of speed he has had this year. Unlike say a Hans Anderson who is constantly travelling in 4 leagues plus individual meetings which in my opinion is taking its toll on the guy yet gain.

Even if Holder misses out on the GP then for sure as a ex World Champion who has always been in the top 8 I can't see him not being offered a Wild Card for at least next season in the very least. There are enough non World Champs who have recvd them year on year.

British Speedway is in a real mess already with a lack of World Class riders and the recent actions of CH and Batch certainly didn't help, but the spiteful action of Chapman knowing how he was screwing over both for the rest of this season was unreal. Especially having already given Holder a 28 day ban as punishment. His attempt then on trying to compound it further by the his actions regarding Jack Holder and trying to punish Peterborough were made even more laughable when they won the Fours without him plus posted their best ever crowd for the event. Maybe Chapman should have zipped it until after the Peterborough announcements came out when the dust had settled as in my opinion he made himself look foolish. The Club agreed to the move - benefited from it financially and still did well out of the Fours in both winning it and with a record crowd.

I still think the only way forward is for some form of combining the Prem and Champ. How it can be done I don't profess to have the answer but that's the job of the BSPA.

Something has to be done as Speedway in this country at the top level is fast going down the toilet if we don't.

How on earth can two leagues be justified with the majority of riders taking part in both and frequently missing matches when both their teams ride at the same time? We then see guest, guest, guest, guest and ....... oh yes, guest!! It is all a shambolic joke. I got completely fed up with it some time ago and the Batchelor/Holder fiasco merely illustrated the chaotic way in which this "sport" is run in this country. Buster was seen as the man who could improve things. It hurts me to say it but, whilst he is extremely hard working and committed, he hasn't got a leadership bone in his body. The club went rapidly downhill when his son departed. Let's face it, Buster is happiest whilst he is driving his tractor. :sad:

• Like 1

, he hasn't got a leadership bone in his body.

His dealing of the two Aussie whingers seems to suggest he can take decisive leadership decisions when he needs to. It was the managers job to manage and lead the team.