British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Don't kid yourself, fans are fickle and stupid... just look at Poole fans. :lol:

Ummmmm, okay bit of a weird statement. Exactly why are Poole fans being singled out as fickle or stupid?

Personally i think Buster could have waited til the end of the season to kick them out, prob would have made top 4, no chance now.

His dealing of the two Aussie whingers seems to suggest he can take decisive leadership decisions when he needs to. It was the managers job to manage and lead the team.

My idea of leadership involves building teams on and off the track, motivating people, delegating responsibility to certain individuals, making sure that the Club is properly promoted, ensuring that a regular dialogue is maintained with the supporters (aka customers) and generally involving as many people as possible to provide a feel-good factor. Ruthlessly sacking people isn't decisive leadership. It is reactive panic and proves evidence of weak leadership for allowing the situation to develop in the first place. Who appointed the Manager and was he merely the easiest option who wouldn't challenge the owner's leadership skills?

Ummmmm, okay bit of a weird statement. Exactly why are Poole fans being singled out as fickle or stupid?

Personally i think Buster could have waited til the end of the season to kick them out, prob would have made top 4, no chance now.

That's a difficult one!

Think they are just going by the examples on this forum rather than Poole fans in general

• Like 4

I really cannot understand why people keep going on about the top 4. Does this league really have any significance at all? It is amateurish, third rate (at best), extremely poorly run, lost all its credibility some time ago and is basically a shambolic joke! Top 4? Who the hell cares?

• Like 1

My idea of leadership involves building teams on and off the track, motivating people, delegating responsibility to certain individuals, making sure that the Club is properly promoted, ensuring that a regular dialogue is maintained with the supporters (aka customers) and generally involving as many people as possible to provide a feel-good factor. Ruthlessly sacking people isn't decisive leadership. It is reactive panic and proves evidence of weak leadership for allowing the situation to develop in the first place. Who appointed the Manager and was he merely the easiest option who wouldn't challenge the owner's leadership skills?

That's a difficult one!

I am sensing some sarcasm here!

Do you really think that having given Holder a 28 day ban and then on the last day of the transfer window to sack both riders was professional ??

I accept a 28 day ban and maybe fine with a word of warning that further such actions would incur the full wrath of the BSPA with far reaching ramifications would have been a more professional way of dealing with it.

To me sacking both was a clear action of spite from Chapmans side and to be honest his subsequent outburst re Jack Holder only proves to me further he is not the man to lead British Speedway forward.

But people like the forward thinking such as Matt Ford are trodden down by the have not's. It seems its a crime to have forward thinking and successful promoters have their clubs do well. All we get is back stabbing - snipes and rule breaking - deep joy from some about Poole not doing well.

I for one hope Chris Holder does knuckle down - accepts he overstepped the mark and comes back a better rider next year. He went to Kings Lynn reluctantly because of a new points rule which forced him out of Poole as it would have put too much pressure on the teams points limit.

I think next year will be a make or break year for him in British Speedway as cant see even him accepting what happened this year as an ongoing situation.

Think they are just going by the examples on this forum rather than Poole fans in general

I suppose it could be argued that given that a number of "fickle/stupid" Poole posters on here have multi aliases the situation might not be as bad as it appears at first. :D

• Like 1

I am sensing some sarcasm here!

Radar in full working order :lol::t:

Holder was rightly banned and rightlysacked, riders have to be accountable for their actions. He has dropped his level so far now i dont think Poole should have him back. He isnt anywhere near the rider he was and if he refuses to ride at Poole for the track being too scary what then. He is meant to be a professional sportsman, it is about time he acted like one.

• Like 5

His dealing of the two Aussie whingers seems to suggest he can take decisive leadership decisions when he needs to. It was the managers job to manage and lead the team.

His actions were vindictive and spiteful - not leadership qualities :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What will be really interesting to see over the winter is what happens to the Swedish League? Already stated that its unlikely to have 2 leagues as there aren't enough clubs financially sound enough along with hardly any Swedish riders coming through!

Many riders will have some serious choices to make before next season - amd many won't have a choice at all!!

His actions were vindictive and spiteful - not leadership qualities :rolleyes:

Good, about time somebody stood up to these overseas riders who think they can use British speedway and get away with it.

• Like 2

Holder and batch have 60 days to find a new club for next year otherwise they could be stuck in Aus in a 12 month cooling off period.

Ford owns both so he either needs to sign both for Poole next year or get another club to sign them even though they won't know next year's rules and regulations

Holder and batch have 60 days to find a new club for next year otherwise they could be stuck in Aus in a 12 month cooling off period.

Ford owns both so he either needs to sign both for Poole next year or get another club to sign them even though they won't know next year's rules and regulations

The rules and regs can change overnight, but we certainly don't want numpty in charge..

Good, about time somebody stood up to these overseas riders who think they can use British speedway and get away with it.

:rolleyes: Good? If your boss was spiteful and vindictive - you'd be happy? Buster's actions have ensured that the Aussie two cannot earn in this country for the remainder of this season - that is just wrong! Fine if he doesn't want them in his very poor redeclared team but to stop them earning when a speedway rider's career is relatively short anyway is just plain wrong!

• Like 2