Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Buster's actions have ensured that the Aussie two cannot earn in this country for the remainder of this season - that is just wrong!

Ok, so lets say they were told 24 hours before, snapped up by the likes of Poole or Swindon.... what happens to the two riders they replace? Would we be calling Poole and Swindon spiteful?

Don't kid yourself that Holder or Batchelor are here doing everything they do because they care about Kings Lynn and British Speedway, they're not, they are here for themselves, and their actions led to this sorry state of affairs. So get off your high horse calling Champan vindictive, and start looking a little closer at what led to this happening, and the starting point is the actions of those riders.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 4

Phil The Ace, on 08 Aug 2017 - 7:41 PM, said:snapback.png

Holder and batch have 60 days to find a new club for next year otherwise they could be stuck in Aus in a 12 month cooling off period.

Ford owns both so he either needs to sign both for Poole next year or get another club to sign them even though they won't know next year's rules and regulations

The rules and regs can change overnight, but we certainly don't want numpty in charge..

not a nice thing to say about your boss ..?

The basic question is who should be penalised.A couple of whinging Aussies who think they are above the sport and the fans or the two riders they would have kicked out of a job if Buster had given them enough notice?Two riders who had possibly done nothing wrong at all......Why risk upsetting two loyal riders(maybe, i don't know ,a Brit)for these two?

Edited by iris123
  • Like 7

In the case of the two Aussies concerned spiteful and vindictive is fine by me. Paid good money and drove long way to see the fiasco that evening.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 3

Phil The Ace, on 08 Aug 2017 - 7:41 PM, said:snapback.png

not a nice thing to say about your boss ..?

Where did i say my boss ? ;)

Holder and batch have 60 days to find a new club for next year otherwise they could be stuck in Aus in a 12 month cooling off period.

Ford owns both so he either needs to sign both for Poole next year or get another club to sign them even though they won't know next year's rules and regulations

The cooling off period was scrapped in 2015 to give employers more flexibility, so as long as they don't over stay they shouldn't have any problems next year.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/uk-immigration-changes-including-tier-2-visa-changes-6-april-2015-20150421

What will be really interesting to see over the winter is what happens to the Swedish League? Already stated that its unlikely to have 2 leagues as there aren't enough clubs financially sound enough along with hardly any Swedish riders coming through!

Many riders will have some serious choices to make before next season - amd many won't have a choice at all!!

That could happen here too, it is not inconceiveable that the premiership and championship become one.

The rules and regs can change overnight, but we certainly don't want numpty in charge..

I dont think they will offer you the job so we are safe from that 😛

The cooling off period was scrapped in 2015 to give employers more flexibility, so as long as they don't over stay they shouldn't have any problems next year.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/uk-immigration-changes-including-tier-2-visa-changes-6-april-2015-20150421

I believe that is incorrect. If you read that article also it says about tier 2 for 3 months or under employment. A speedway contract I assume runs for a minimum of 6 months.

Plus didn't Ty Proctor have a 12 month 'cooling off' period last year? Justin Sedgmen definetly said he was at risk of being in the cooling off period before Belle Vue signed him at the end of the winter.

• Like 1

Absolutely spot on. Every word of it. If Chapman had done his job properly in the first place, none of this would have happened.

Not spot on .it's not a given that the track was dangerous it was opinion of some of the riders ..the ref thought is was ok as did the Poole side who had no problem with it .Holder and Batch screwed Buster that night and he has returned the favour . Should someone of his status do something like that is another question.Just seen the post by Dave Jones what sums up how i feel and see it . Edited by orion
  • Like 3

Not spot on .it's not a given that the track was dangerous it was opinion of some of the riders ..the ref thought is was ok as did the Poole side who had no problem with it .Holder and Batch screwed Buster that night and he has returned the favour . Should someone of his status do something like that is another question.Just seen the post by Dave Jones what sums up how i feel and see it .

If the track was done properly in the first place, why was remedial action necessary ?

If the track was done properly in the first place, why was remedial action necessary ?

in turn if it was not correct in the first place how come it took intill 10 heats to do that ..surely it would have been done after heat 1 . Edited by orion

Ok, so lets say they were told 24 hours before, snapped up by the likes of Poole or Swindon.... what happens to the two riders they replace? Would we be calling Poole and Swindon spiteful?

Don't kid yourself that Holder or Batchelor are here doing everything they do because they care about Kings Lynn and British Speedway, they're not, they are here for themselves, and their actions led to this sorry state of affairs. So get off your high horse calling Champan vindictive, and start looking a little closer at what led to this happening, and the starting point is the actions of those riders.

The starting point of the problem was the track and who prepares that - Buster Chapman. What he did in sacking then was vindictive - pure and simple - and I don't like horses either high or low! They are good enough to hold a place in any premiership team and if they did replace anyone in another team it is because they are better!

I never said they were doing anything for the good of KL or British speedway - they are self employed and doing what is best for themselves and their families - same as every other rider.

It is also easy to show that the changes were vindictive because the riders replacing them are not scoring anywhere near what they were and KL have gone from challenging for the playoffs to also rans with no hope - and that is all down to Buster!

I also never said that the two Aussies were innocent in this sad affair but one was already punished and one was signed off by a doctor for the rest of the meeting!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2