British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

I believe that is incorrect. If you read that article also it says about tier 2 for 3 months or under employment. A speedway contract I assume runs for a minimum of 6 months.

Plus didn't Ty Proctor have a 12 month 'cooling off' period last year? Justin Sedgmen definetly said he was at risk of being in the cooling off period before Belle Vue signed him at the end of the winter.

You could be right. I've tried looking up a few sites and it doesn't seem totally clear what their situation is on this. It also gets affected by earnings and so on. Personally I hope they are able to come back last year just for the stength of the league.

In the job of Chairman of the BSPA, Buster is making a lot of enemies . Specking out about Peterborough at the weekend was senseless, but it was spoken from the heart. Buster puts his whole being to push British Speedway. Sometimes he gets it wrong. But he has to be commended for what he did against those two whinging Aussies. who used their obvious ability to ransom situations for their own benefit without a single thought of the fans nor the clubs. Had they been left unpunished they would have run amok for the rest of the season, dictating results to whoever they wanted. Batchelor's 2 performances against Leicester in the space of a week highlights this point. One he was the perfect guest for Swindon, and the other was letting down his own depleted team, and it would have continued. The man had/has no integrity, just a selfish streak that dictates his whole life. Whoever he rides for next year has my best wishes .. You will need it..

Holder is more complex, I don't believe Chris Holder is a bad person, but his head is shot to bits....His inner demons has all but destroyed the rider he once was. With all the problems that has happened in recent years it is little wonder he has lost direction. Poole not wanting him was the final straw. Recent results on the track have suffered. His machinery hasn't been the dominate factor they always were, his points scoring had been a let down. In his head, rather than buckle down and address the issues, he is blaming everything else but,

At Lynn he had the opportunity for afresh start. We had taken him in with no question of his obvious talent. We didn't expect miracles, we would have given him all the time in the world. But it wasn't what he wanted.. He wanted to be back a Poole doing as he had always done. He looked upon Lynn as a noose round his neck, and had no connection with Club or the Fans. His actions on that dreaded Thursday shows all those feelings:- His love for Poole; Dislike for the grippy track; His contempt for the Lynn club and supporters; Not facing up to his responsibilities, and they are not the attitude of a top bloke. His punishment is only what he deserved ......

If Chris does ride next year, I hope Poole sign him and that he can find some restbite in that situation. It's shameful the way his life has deteriated like it has.. I don't think he is a bad person. .....

No doubt, one day he'll come back to Lynn and ride like the wind scoring maximum points, ...... I won't have a problem with that.... .........I wish him well.....

• Like 2

The starting point of the problem was the track and who prepares that - Buster Chapman. What he did in sacking then was vindictive - pure and simple !

Yet again it's up for debate what the starting point was ..was is the track or was it Holders and Batcherlor attitude towards the track that started the problem. In a lot of people's minds what they did to kl speedway and Chapman was vindictive and no doubt cost kl speedway and hurt Chapman's business. Now he's hurt them and there business somehow people have got to feel sorry for them .well me and many others don't. Edited by orion
  • Like 4

All the defence of Holder is honourable,but imo he started going down hill when he became close friends with Ward.I won't say Ward was the bad influence,but you just have to look at his actions over a few years to see he was hardly a good influence.I did meet and see Holder in Vojens when he was there for an world U21 meeting and yes on that ocassion he did seem a decent down to earth guy.But when Ward came on the scene and it was particularly their antics when they were both in the GPs that looked childish even worse they way they were trying to pick on others like Smoli for example when he had his year there.

No,it seems to me Holder way on the down turn before Ward had his accident.Sad to see,but if he is saying it has affected him that much then maybe a year out to clear is head is much better than riding when not fully concentrated and confident.If he comes back like the old rider then great,otherwise don't bother coming back if he is just going to be a bad influence on others

• Like 3

in turn if it was not correct in the first place how come it took intill 10 heats to do that ..surely it would have been done after heat 1 .

I said if the track was done right in the first place. That means before heat one. Chapman prepared a track for a sidecar meeting the

next night. That doesn't justify what the riders did but there appears to have been complaints from several riders before remedial action was taken.

As far as Batcheor is concerned he says his wrist was swollen and the doctor had put an ice pack on it. Assuming that is true there must have been some visible sign of injury, and it was not a case of Batch making it up as some have claimed. Batch had already scored 3,2, so he was making money. If he had scored something like 0,1, I can see why people woukd say he was moaning for no reason.

The punishment should fit the crime. Holder was suspended for 28 days which Chapman was entitled to do under the rules and Holder could appeal if he didn't like it, but to stitch the riders up so they couldn't get jobs and possbily lose their visas was bang out of order for a promoter who is supposed to set an example as BSPA chairman.

• Like 5

Holder and batch have 60 days to find a new club for next year otherwise they could be stuck in Aus in a 12 month cooling off period.

Ford owns both so he either needs to sign both for Poole next year or get another club to sign them even though they won't know next year's rules and regulations

Since when did we own Batch??!

The track although not great was raceable not just rideable.

The riders were getting on with it apart from 2 whingers who have form for this sort of thing.

Lets be fair the track at Poole has been far worse and nobody this season has refused to ride.

Well done Chapman in making a stand he is fed up with rider power. And yes im glad he stopped the riding elsewhere this season, wont affect eithers pocket as they earn enough elsewhere so why not make them an example and more importantly stop them going anywhere else. Couldnt care less if they dont get a visa next season...dont need riders of their kind throwing their toys out the pram at the first sign of an issue

• Like 2

Yet again it's up for debate what the starting point was ..was is the track or was it Holders and Batcherlor attitude towards the track that started the problem. In a lot of people's minds what they did to kl speedway and Chapman was vindictive and no doubt cost kl speedway and hurt Chapman's business. Now he's hurt them and there business somehow people have got to feel sorry for them .well me and many others don't.

The track wasnt perfect to start with, track prep was not as good as usual that is clear, i think they have been trying a different shale which may be causing some issues. I remember going to Kings Lynn when Waggy was in charge and it was so deep only Crump to get round everyone else was falling off so they took the top layer off and it was ok, it was nowhere near that bad on the evening in question, Holder has said in recent times how scary speedway, i believe he said recently where there was a sun break, speedway is scary enough without sun in your eyes which to me means he is scared of racing and if the track isnt perfect he finds it too scary.

The track was not perfect but it was raceable and most riders were coping except Chris Holder who stopped in his race which i think most thought was a bike issue but wasnt. So he was refusing to ride anymore at that point.

Since when did we own Batch??!

You took all Rick frosts assets

You took all Rick frosts assets

Ah okay, thought Swindon owned him tbh!

The track although not great was raceable not just rideable.

The riders were getting on with it apart from 2 whingers who have form for this sort of thing.

Lets be fair the track at Poole has been far worse and nobody this season has refused to ride.

Well done Chapman in making a stand he is fed up with rider power. And yes im glad he stopped the riding elsewhere this season, wont affect eithers pocket as they earn enough elsewhere so why not make them an example and more importantly stop them going anywhere else. Couldnt care less if they dont get a visa next season...dont need riders of their kind throwing their toys out the pram at the first sign of an issue

No danger of Poole being too grippy is there Gavan??

I said if the track was done right in the first place. That means before heat one. Chapman prepared a track for a sidecar meeting the

next night. That doesn't justify what the riders did but there appears to have been complaints from several riders before remedial action was taken.

As far as Batcheor is concerned he says his wrist was swollen and the doctor had put an ice pack on it. Assuming that is true there must have been some visible sign of injury, and it was not a case of Batch making it up as some have claimed. Batch had already scored 3,2, so he was making money. If he had scored something like 0,1, I can see why people woukd say he was moaning for no reason.

The punishment should fit the crime. Holder was suspended for 28 days which Chapman was entitled to do under the rules and Holder could appeal if he didn't like it, but to stitch the riders up so they couldn't get jobs and possbily lose their visas was bang out of order for a promoter who is supposed to set an example as BSPA chairman.

If a rider presents himself to first aid their job is to offer assistance, that is what they are trained to do.

An ice pack would be just a precaution. If you look around speedway there are guys competing with dodgy shoulders, plated collarbones, knees with braces ,damaged hands and strapping all over their bodies.

Batchelors concern... a swelling of the wrist, something that was so serious that he managed to compete the following evening and help himself to a load of points.

I'm sure that i read somewhere that he packed up his kit , showered and changed, & left the stadium while the meeting was continuing which is difficult to defend in my book.

As for the punishment fitting the crime, well ... I suppose it depends who you believe is in the wrong.

Two riders who tried to dictate to their employer and the referee what was going to happen, and when their attempts failed to bring the result they demanded they decided to " take their ball home" .

Seems to me their punishment was well earned, and hopefully it will be a step in the right direction in an attempt to rid the sport of the huge issue it has with riders calling all of the shots.

• Like 5

Clearly there is a divide in peoples opinion, with most KL fans backing their promoter with the neutrals more split down the middle.

I spoke to Holder about the track and he said it was dangerous, with riders unable to turn properly and making it impossible to race. He said although the Poole track had been bumpy, it is always possible to turn and he had no issues with it when he rode here the previous night.

I rarely agree with Steve0 and EIAddio but on this occassion we are all of the same opinion that the whole sorry affair falls at the door of Buster Chapman who caused the issue in the first place.

Interestingly Tatum said on TV Monday that the track was 80% clay and very very grippy. But clearly less so than the Poole meeting.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

Clearly there is a divide in peoples opinion, with most KL fans backing their promoter with the neutrals more split down the middle.

I spoke to Holder about the track and he said it was dangerous, with riders unable to turn properly and making it impossible to race. He said although the Poole track had been bumpy, it is always possible to turn and he had no issues with it when he rode here the previous night.

I rarely agree with Steve0 and EIAddio but on this occassion we are all of the same opinion that the whole sorry affair falls at the door of Buster Chapman who caused the issue in the first place.

Interestingly Tatum said on TV Monday that the track was 80% clay and very very grippy. But clearly less so than the Poole meeting.

You wouldn't expect him to say anything else given his actions that night. But then again you have an interest in this so it's hardly an unbiased observation. ;)

• Like 1

You wouldn't expect him to say anything else given his actions that night. But then again you have an interest in this so it's hardly an unbiased observation. ;)

Who did Chapman blame for the Belle Vue debacle last year? Certainly don't remember him going after the 16 riders present. Remember him critising thd Belle Vue promotion though. People in glass houses.........

• Like 4

I spoke to Holder about the track and he said it was dangerous,

In his opinion, clearly not all the riders deemed it to be so. Him then laughing on Twitter to a KL fan that they 'won't win anything' all shows more about Holder and his own attitude to Kings Lynn.