British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Holder and Batchelor have moaned about everything connected to British speedway for a long time now. Holder is moaned about most tracks and both are known to hate a wet track.

They have finally got their wish. No more wet British tracks that they moaned about anyway. 😉

You reep what you sow. Too many Aussies think that British speedway owes them 🙄

and Rory Schlein!! He moans more than anyone!
  • Like 2

Maybe this result is based on the 'you screw the club and the public and in these dire times, the sport and I will shaft you' so just a little bit of revenge but whether it is right or wrong the sport is a shambles, turnstiles are clicking less and with the hint of a shower, a meeting gets called off. Perhaps the next step is someone suggesting that the bikes have brakes. Imploding is an understatement. Forget the overseas riders. Time for Speedway England to have one league plus the NL, weekly meetings, a transfer window in July and no other changes with overseas riders committing to U.K. as priority and get back to basics. Forget Poland, Russia etc, the UK is in their wake. and the British are so far behind, time to stop pretending that we can compete. Aussies want to ride here, then set a minimum five or six average.

Unless someone gets to grip with the sport, it will be amateur open meetings within five years, no league racing. The sport brought it on itself.

Fixture lists are a joke with long gaps between home meetings and then fixture pile ups. who is responsible for this? they need sacking.

All rather sad and when you think of the opportunities the sport has had with SKy etc. and you ask yourself are those in charge for real. Unfortunately the answer appears to be yes.

• Like 1

This is one Poole fan that likes to see Holder getting his just desserts the tool has been getting far to big for his boots and thinks he is above all in British Speedway well reality check your not shut the door on your way out!

I dont think he does mate, but what a time to sack him/them just after the cut off date.. Bit naughty that.

Thing is, whilst you and every other Poole fan are entitled to be in a strop because you can't sign either of them, I can't really see how Poole could have made their side any better?

Bringing one or both of them in would surely have spelt the end for Andersen, Kurtz or J Holder, thus rendering the changes pointless?

busters done something for every club in the land, really, crude or otherwise.

l for one am not in a strop as you call it stop making it up as you go along

busters done something for every club in the land, really, crude or otherwise.

Buster should be dumped.

And the SWC was on the same new material that was apparently to bad against Poole.

But only a small percentage of it apparently...

I am not sad for holder or batch, you say no at work and you could get the sack on the spot.

The rules (16.3.4) state (No Team changes will be allowed after the 28th july WITH THE EFFECTIVE DATE BEING the 31st july,)

does not mention when the riders are told about changes ,............there should be a rule.

I have said before that the British leagues should start concentrating on hiring more brits .

riders from other countries are not bothered , this situation just shows us that....................!!

• Like 1

I really can't understand why this seems to have come as a shock to many on here?!

OK, not leaving any time for the 2 riders to attempt to negotiate a move elsewhere is 'rubbing their noses in it' somewhat - but at the end of the day it's Buster's pram and he's thrown his toys out!!

If riders are that concerned about 'dangerous conditions' then maybe they should question whether they should be riding speedway at all?! Either that or get a rider lobby to push for de-tuned or regulated machines that can cope with various types of track!

One other thing that doesn't reflect that well on the club is that Kacper Gomolski tweeted that he signed a contract with KL on Friday and was then later told that the club had to stick with their original team!!??

Social media is great in'nit?!

So the British Speedway Authorities declared intention of bringing the Premiership and Championship leagues closer together takes a further step forward..........!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

As much as i have always liked Holder i agree with Buster's decision, he cannot expect to do what he likes, refuse to ride when he likes and expect no repercussions. The question i would like to ask him is why it was unraceable for him but the whole Poole team, including his brother, didn't refuse to race and why, even after remedial work, he raced against his brother then refused to race anymore.

• Like 3

I dont think he does mate, but what a time to sack him/them just after the cut off date.. Bit naughty that.

why is it naughty ?

• Like 1

As much as i have always liked Holder i agree with Buster's decision, he cannot expect to do what he likes, refuse to ride when he likes and expect no repercussions. The question i would like to ask him is why it was unraceable for him but the whole Poole team, including his brother, didn't refuse to race and why, even after remedial work, he raced against his brother then refused to race anymore.

I believe Holder said unridable and not unraceable.Big difference...​It was deffo rideable,as was proved by the meeting ending and good race times.

If he was in the Poole team that night I wonder if he would of done the same.

Anyway his all yours ...Next season ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I think its brilliant and a right blinder played by Buster

me 2 they screwed over the paying fans i think its fair that they get screwed over

• Like 3

I believe Holder said unridable and not unraceable.Big difference...​It was deffo rideable,as was proved by the meeting ending and good race times.

If he was in the Poole team that night I wonder if he would of done the same.

Anyway his all yours ...Next season ;)

Yes i expect him back at Poole next season but not entirely sure i want him back, i know he is on a low average but that maybe his level now.
  • Like 2

I actually feel sorry for Chris, maybe a bit biased as he's one of my favourite riders but if he felt the track was unfit then so be it. We wouldn't want to ride an unfit track. On that night something was clearly wrong with the track as reports were riders were struggling.

Maybe buster had a right to stand up to him. And he did so by giving him a 28 day ban.

But then to tell him after the cut off that he's sacked to stop him signing on with someone else is a total low blow and shows buster for what he is.

A spiteful 10 year old?! Say what you what about Mr Ford but he never stops sacked/unwanted riders riding for another team.