British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Greg Hancock is not European and has not had any issues. Zagar and Vaculik and Emil are not from EU countries.

Well you are half right. Both Slovenia (Zagar) and Slovakia (Vaculik) are EU-countries and have been since 2004.It's time for you to buy a new map. ;)

However I do agree with your point.

• Like 1

Skidder1, on 17 Aug 2017 - 7:22 PM, said:

In the Speedway Star version of the interview with Holder today (rather than the speedwaygp version) it states that Holder has no issues with a visa in 2018 and will be back ready to race in the Spring - after he has appealed.

Agreed he wasn't present at the initial hearing but for some to simply say 'he didn't turn up' is pure argumentative speculation - and I'm one of those who agreed he should have got a ban but NOT to stop him from riding, bearing in mind he couldn't have re-signed for Poole this year anyway!!!

If he doesn't pay the fine he isn't riding anywhere in the UK next year....like it or not British speedway is bigger than any one rider, everyone saying that riders should stand up and make a stance, could the same not be said for the one's who actually pay the bills etc, the promoters?

• Like 2

If he doesn't pay the fine he isn't riding anywhere in the UK next year....like it or not British speedway is bigger than any one rider, everyone saying that riders should stand up and make a stance, could the same not be said for the one's who actually pay the bills etc, the promoters?

agree l know British speedway is in the doldrums at the moment but it is still bigger than Chris holder or any other rider come to that
  • Like 5

Hasn't it been said the ban doesn't start until the fine is paid. Don't really see what he thinks he will gain by going to appeal, sometimes if the authorities think the appeal is flippant they extend the ban.

Hasn't it been said the ban doesn't start until the fine is paid. Don't really see what he thinks he will gain by going to appeal, sometimes if the authorities think the appeal is flippant they extend the ban.

It has been talked about on here but the ban has started - and the fine will need to be paid before he can restart racing - all subject to his appeal!

Edited by Steve0

It has been talked about on here but the ban has started - and the fine will need to be paid before he can restart racing - all subject to his appeal!

Has it though? I know he was banned initially for 28 days but I wonder if the further 9 months actually begin once the fine is paid. Seems abit daft to give him a 9 month ban when it's only going to effect the very start of next season.

I seem to recall reading Danny Bird is still banned, after receiving a 12 month ban... because he never paid the fine, so the ban hasn't technically started.

Has it though? I know he was banned initially for 28 days but I wonder if the further 9 months actually begin once the fine is paid. Seems abit daft to give him a 9 month ban when it's only going to effect the very start of next season.

I seem to recall reading Danny Bird is still banned, after receiving a 12 month ban... because he never paid the fine, so the ban hasn't technically started.

Yes that is what I was getting at.

The ban starts from the day of the offence and he has 60 days form the date of the hearing to pay the fine. if the fine is not paid within 60 then the ban starts from the day the fine is paid.

The ban starts from the day of the offence and he has 60 days form the date of the hearing to pay the fine. if the fine is not paid within 60 then the ban starts from the day the fine is paid.

Some of us can only hope that he is SO stubborn that he will not pay the fine.

• Like 4

Perhaps there are plans to have two leagues ~ North and South ~ using riders who actually want to ride in the UK. I really like the sound of this, with play offs between the top two from each league at the end of the season.

I like the sound of that for purely selfish reasons. It'll mean I can see my team again while up here in exile

I like the sound of that for purely selfish reasons. It'll mean I can see my team again while up here in exile

I can't see there being enough riders for all of the teams given the numbers doubling up. Maybe 5 or 6 man teams?

Who dictates the bikes are the less forgiving bikes that they are today ? Tracks haven't changed

Never understood the theory that modern bikes aren't suited to dirt, they rev harder so spin the wheel easier in the dirt, just an excuse to put no dirt on tracks.

Junior

Never understood the theory that modern bikes aren't suited to dirt, they rev harder so spin the wheel easier in the dirt, just an excuse to put no dirt on tracks.

Junior

The uprights performed pretty consistent on wet or dry tracks heavy or slick it's just lay downs generate so much

more speed that they can be dangerous in inexperienced hands.

Hence slicker tracks to compensate for the wheel spin that on a grippy track would throw a rider all over the place.

The uprights performed pretty consistent on wet or dry tracks heavy or slick it's just lay downs generate so much

more speed that they can be dangerous in inexperienced hands.

Hence slicker tracks to compensate for the wheel spin that on a grippy track would throw a rider all over the place.[/quot

Aren't we talking about the best riders in the U.K., patchy tracks cause problems , where the wheel spins quickly on the slick or overly wet , then finds grip in the dirt.

If the wheels spinning going in to the corner in dirt it will continue to do so, hence why Darcy Ward used to give it a handful when he turned in.

My local track Gillman has loads of dirt and riders of all levels get around fine .

Junior