Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

I am obviously one of the few who disagree with this. The manner in the the way Buster has handled this should concern everybody.

As a club Kings Lynn are just about on their backside, people used to look upto how they conducted things on and off track and now people are walking away, quitting or getting sacked and the tracks been way below what is expected.

Quite right.

And tell me how they have exactly done that ?

by walking out on a meeting would have thought that was quite obvious

• Like 4

by walking out on a meeting would have thought that was quite obvious

So your a rider are you ?

the whole episode has made Speedway in this country look like the shambles it is maybe this will be the kick up the arse thats needed although i wont hold my breath

• Like 1

the whole episode has made Speedway in this country look like the shambles it is maybe this will be the kick up the arse thats needed although i wont hold my breath

You never anwered my question.

Hang on min, that is going too far. I love a good Rooboy rant on twitter, they're brilliant :D

all he ever does is slate everything about British speedway! Even when he broke his back (unfortunately) he slated our doctors and NHS! I read it somewhere can't remember wher though Edited by hair
  • Like 1

So your a rider are you ?

Back in the 80's i did a few laps around Kingsmead i agree bikes now are different to what i used to ride but its the paying fans that pay the wages treat them like dog muck they wont come back and then nobody has a income

i am also the first to admit my riding standard wasnt to the level of Holder and Batch

Edited by nelliejim
  • Like 1

Thankful to read one or two more balanced posts on here after some of the earlier ones spitting venom in the riders' direction. It's appalling by Chapman. Holder has given endless entertainment to speedway fans, Batchelor has been a King's Lynn rider since 2005, and yet they can be treated like dirt and put out of work?

You don't need to support their actions in that awful KL meeting with Poole to think that they have been badly treated, and when it is the Chairman of the BSPA who has done it then it is truly a very black day for British speedway.

Not only does E I Addio have the best name on the BSF he has also written one of the best posts. Coventry_Bee also (the post not the name).

• Like 5

Once someone is suspended from work there is usually a review taking place during that period. Thats what happened to Chris Holder resulting in his being dismissed.

Troy batchelor was so stupid to ride the night after being declared unfit to ride (wrist injury), not only riding, but seemingly without any affects of his injured wrist ie he scored well.

Remember 18 months ago when top riders refused to ride at the Belle Vue opening meeting. There was bound to be consequences following that fiasco.......... it just happened. Perhaps referees need to get more involed as to a meeting being called off, or a track not suitable to race.

• Like 1

Back in the 80's i did a few laps around Kingsmead i agree bikes now are different to what i used to ride but its the paying fans that pay the wages treat them like dog muck they wont come back and then nobody has a income

i am also the first to admit my riding standard wasnt to the level of Holder and Batch

No im not supprised either. Knowhere near i would say..

Edited by Starman2006

No im not supprised either. Knowhere near i would say..

Yep your correct but i guess selling a few papers makes you a expert as well ! anyway way off topic now the point is Buster has only done to them what they did to him

Edited by nelliejim
  • Like 3

Yep your correct but i guess selling a few papers makes you a expert as well ! anyway way off topic now the point is Buster has only done to them what they did to him

You have a problem with me selling the Stars ?

You have a problem with me selling the Stars ?

you had a problem with me or did i get that wrong if i have i will apologise im big enough to hold my hands up when i am

you had a problem with me or did i get that wrong if i have i will apologise im big enough to hold my hands up when i am

You got it wrong. Ive been a poole fan sinse 1970. you ?

Edited by Starman2006