British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien Round 12

Gate 3 - 6 points from 9 heats!

Only criticism of a superb race track.

Gate 3 - 6 points from 9 heats!

Only criticism of a superb race track.

So many passes that I doubt gates has a huge say in the result. But I accept your statistic.

Ht 13 - for once not Meidzinski's fault. Bike lifted and he was helpless.

Edited by marky

Oh my goodness

Air fence is right.

I still like the aggregate point. Certainly means teams keep going to the end of a meeting

Here was my prediction for team and bonus points for this round:

Omgång 12 - 1 augusti
Elit Vetlanda - Rospiggarna (48-42) 1 Bonus EV +1
Indianerna - Piraterna (40-50) x Bonus Pir +1
Eskilstuna Smederna - Lejonen (42-48) 1 Bonus Lej +1 #tv-meeting
Masarna - Dackarna (45-45) 1 Bonus Mas +1

The result is that I had one error and that was the X between Indianerna and Piraterna. All other results went with my prediction. :D

How did you do R&R? ;)

Injury update: https://www.vetlandaposten.se/article/livechatt-elit-vetlanda-rospiggarna-18-45/

Vaculik seems to have suffered a severe hand injury. Vaculik's hand was "demolished" according to Vetlanda's team manager in the inked article.

Deep flesh wounds in the hand and on the knuckles but likely nothing broken.

Max Fricke likley suffered a heavy concussion according to Mikael Teurnberg. http://unt.se/sport/valdsam-krasch-och-ny-forlust-4716430.aspx

Edited by Ghostwalker

Great meeting tonight. Best one of the season. Nice to see Bjarne ride like he did for Poole years ago. The old dog still has it in him.

This meeting trumps anything i have seen via Sky or BT showing the top flight of British speedway, amazing stuff, gobsmacked on more than one occasion.

I have an international fixture list in front of me ;)

Just watched the meeting- loved the commentary especially "this track has more lines than Clapham junction "

The challenge final is on August 18th- not in September- your international fixture list must have it wrong :lol:

I did not say "daft" I said "unusual" - Gastarna, aka Ghosts, has to be my favourite.

Updated table after yesterday- all teams 2 to go

1 Vetlanda pts 24

2 Masarna pts 21

3 Lejonen pts 18

4 Dackarna pts 15

5 Smederna pts 11

6 Piraterna pts 9

7 Indianerna pts 9

8 Rospiggarna pts 9

Edited by racers and royals

I did not say "daft" I said "unusual" - Gastarna, aka Ghosts, has to be my favourite.

Gast can also be a ship crew member. I'd say (don't know) that Gastarna in this case means Pirate ship crew member.

Here is an old picture of two riders, one from Monarkerna (left) (Monarchs) and one from Gastarna (right)

http://www.kaparna.nu/historik/forare/foto/sala_norlen_olle_n.jpg

Edited by Ghostwalker

I can see C More for round 13 on August 15th picking to show either Piraterna v Smederna or Rospiggarna v Indianerna,

I doubt that they can warrant to show another meeting from Motala. They have been there 3 times already this season.

Heat 15 from Smederna - Lejonen, https://www.facebook.com/100014631943404/videos/262666574231072/

If google translation is correct Fricke has bust some vertebrae. Vaculik's hand looks a mess of puncture wounds, cuts and scrapes.

Any reasons given for the absence of Piotr Pawlicki and Magic last night ??

Gastroenteritis from what I heard is the official reason but Pawlicki's no-show was expected several days ago

when Cmore changed from Smederna - Lejonen to Indianerna - Piraterna. Pawlicki rode the past sunday as well

so I don't think it really was Gastroenteritis.

Edited by Ghostwalker