Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesM09

Rye House V Leicester 2nd August 2017

We've had a little bit of rain but nothing much so far

Thanks for that, but looking at the cloud direction it's heading your way, I hope not, but I'll have to make a decision about travelling later and take a chance with the traffic round the M25 in the rush hour

Even though this is my Lions nearest away match the forecast does not look good so am instead going up to Leicester to hopefully watch some T20 Blast Cricket

SGB has just announced on twitter that this meeting is cancelled.

Going by the amount of rain we've had and are still having in East London since late morning I'm not surprised it's called off let's hope for better weather Saturday.

Not sure why this wasn't called off hours ago. Forecast was for constant rain between 1pm & 3am.

Not sure why this wasn't called off hours ago. Forecast was for constant rain between 1pm & 3am.

Then you wouldnt have anything to moan about though..

• Like 1

No wasted journey for me that's the main thing. Hopefully it will be restaged on a Saturday.

Could this meeting be rearranged for Wednesday 6th September, there are no Saturday dates left before the cut-off date for the play-offs. I believe the cut-off date is 6th September for the Premiership as no fixtures are arranged after that date.

Ther's always someone who finds something to moan about - including me it appears!

• Like 1

Could this meeting be rearranged for Wednesday 6th September, there are no Saturday dates left before the cut-off date for the play-offs. I believe the cut-off date is 6th September for the Premiership as no fixtures are arranged after that date.

the home swindon B fixture still needs to be arranged, I can see a fixture pile up on the horizon.

Does this call off affect Rye needing a guest for KK on Saturday?

Can you use a guest for someone that's never ridden for you?

answers on a postcard!

Since the BSPA doesn't recognise the Euro Championships it wouldn't matter if KK had ridden for Rye or not. No like for like facility is available. Instead options are fairly limited. The replacement at reserve has to be a NL rider who is not included in a current PL nor CL 1 - 7 or who has not previously attained an average of 4.00 or more in the former PL.

the home swindon B fixture still needs to be arranged, I can see a fixture pile up on the horizon.

It has been puzzling to me the whereabouts of the second Swindon fixture from the outset. When Rye first announced their fixture list it showed them riding at home to Somerset on three occasions. At the time I assumed it was just a typo with one of the dates intended to be the second Swindon league match. Although the third Somerset fixture was soon deleted, that against Swindon seems to have been lost in space as it is not listed as 'TBA' on the fixture list for either club.

Edit: Just had a look at Swindon's fixtures as listed in the SS dd. 1st April to discover they should have been here on 6th May!

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1