British Speedway Forum
sussex bulldog

Eagles V Brummies 05/08/2017

No mention of the meeting itself? Popped down on a spur of the moment decision and was very pleased to see the meeting went ahead despite the heavy rain in the afternoon and an initially greasy track. What has happened to turns 3&4 though? They looked bumpy as hell on the inside and would drive any rider drifting wider out to the fence or (into it if you were the unlucky mark Baseby).

Sadly for the match it wasn't much of a contest with too many Brum riders having off nights & the reserves being well off the pace.

However on the flip side Saunders looked like he has definitely got potential to really improve and thing the bigger tracks will suit him even more.

Overall a very average evenings entertainment followed by a farcical SDL and did nothing to inspire me to make another trip down for a while.

• Like 1

Overall a very average evenings entertainment followed by a farcical SDL and did nothing to inspire me to make another trip down for a while.

What happened with the SDL match?

No mention of the meeting itself? ........................Overall a very average evenings entertainment .............

Pretty much sums it up.

Was impressed by the 3 Brum riders that raced, i.e. Parkinson-Blackburn, Bacon and Carr, but in fairness the heavy track conditions made it very difficult for the less experienced riders to turn the bike.

Couldn't understand why Saunders didn't get more rides, instead of bringing in No 8 Whitehouse ?

No mention of the meeting itself? Popped down on a spur of the moment decision and was very pleased to see the meeting went ahead despite the heavy rain in the afternoon and an initially greasy track. What has happened to turns 3&4 though? They looked bumpy as hell on the inside and would drive any rider drifting wider out to the fence or (into it if you were the unlucky mark Baseby).

Sadly for the match it wasn't much of a contest with too many Brum riders having off nights & the reserves being well off the pace.

However on the flip side Saunders looked like he has definitely got potential to really improve and thing the bigger tracks will suit him even more.

Wasn't the best of meetings but that's sport. If you judge attendance based on the last meeting you see, there is always a chance you will never go again, what ever the sport!

• Like 1

Believe it or not, the price rise is to help finance medical cover!

Seriously ? Or is this a wind up.....

In fairness it did win programme of the year...

Perhaps Value For Money was a criteria back then ? If so, they've just lost a shed load of points......

Anyway, as has already been posted, most of us buy a programme for the scoresheet and any club news and views that haven't already been posted on the internet.

The ramblings of bygone days are usually of minor interest to me. (Although I accept that for many, many speedway fans the past is a glorious place where everything was right with the sport - just see how many threads of this forum revert to "I remember when ....... ")

I do hope they won't be asking £3 for a "programme" for the rearranged IOW match, as past experience tells me this is likely be the outdated original with an insert scorecard.

Medical cover is expensive, between £550 and £750 per meeting

I don't doubt that, but has it just increased then ?

Seriously ? Or is this a wind up.....

no I'm being serious. I was told this by a very reliable source, not your usual speedway gossip.

I had to choose between eastie and rye on Saturday. Based on the rainfall radar I went to rye. Despite a decent line up and a dry track, it wasn't a great meeting either.

Also thought the guy who did the intro to Heat 15 was quite good, perhaps trying a bit too hard to impress though. BUT his big minus in my opinion was his 'commentary' during the last lap of the race.....that's a BIG MINUS, a real No, No please.

In fairness to Steve Crow, he has settled down nicely this year and now gives a consistent account after each race, placings and then lap time.

What happened with the SDL match?

Well for starters reading used Tom brennan who had scored 10+ in the main meeting and was a straight ahead of the field. The rest looked very amateur with the tricky conditions. Sealey struggled and didn't look like a NL reserve. Probably best of the remaining was a guy riding an upright so certainly not a classic

Well for starters reading used Tom Brennan who had scored 10+ in the main meeting and was a straight ahead of the field. The rest looked very amateur with the tricky conditions. Sealey struggled and didn't look like a NL reserve. Probably best of the remaining was a guy riding an upright so certainly not a classic

Um ... they ARE amateurs! Although using riders like Brennan in the DLs is not playing the game. I see that Plymouth is using Henry Atikins, who I saw winning Heat 15 some weeks ago, in an SDL match this Friday.

Um ... they ARE amateurs! Although using riders like Brennan in the DLs is not playing the game. I see that Plymouth is using Henry Atikins, who I saw winning Heat 15 some weeks ago, in an SDL match this Friday.

Completely agree they are amateurs but ive seen most riders perform better than they did.

The MDL had a better cap on what riders were eligible but i don't know if thats still in place? and the SDL seems to be running riot this year.

From a personal point of view it should be NL reserve level riders and aspiring NL reserves. Those running 6/7 point riders are killing it. What next Bowen taking a spin to test out his fitness levels?

• Like 1

Very quick to criticise!

Completely agree they are amateurs but ive seen most riders perform better than they did.

The MDL had a better cap on what riders were eligible but i don't know if thats still in place? and the SDL seems to be running riot this year.

From a personal point of view it should be NL reserve level riders and aspiring NL reserves. Those running 6/7 point riders are killing it. What next Bowen taking a spin to test out his fitness levels?

This is where everyone does not know what the rules are, but they actually exist and are clear.

The biggest problem is that people do not bother to read them before venting criticism.

If anyone takes the time to look in:

2017 Speedway Regulations:

21. Development League Regulations. Pages 54-55

Maybe people would understand why Tom Brennan and Henry Atkins were eligible.

Very quick to criticise!

This is where everyone does not know what the rules are, but they actually exist and are clear.

The biggest problem is that people do not bother to read them before venting criticism.

If anyone takes the time to look in:

2017 Speedway Regulations:

21. Development League Regulations. Pages 54-55

Maybe people would understand why Tom Brennan and Henry Atkins were eligible.

As they say, It's all perfectly legal! But still not right.

• Like 1