British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hammer1969

Rye V Swindon 5/08/17

Easy win for Swindon, they took their foot off the gas in the latter part of the meeting. Usual one line on the fence track tonight. Give the likes of Harris and Nicholls some material to work with, and they might win a few more races.

Edited by cityrebel
  • Like 2

Swindon will give anybody a run for their money at the moment, good point in the above post about Harris and Nicholls. At Swindon on Thursday I believe they were in the thick of the action and Harris especially has scored well recently away from Rye at home.

With out Doyle they seem just as strong and that takes some doing, fair play to rosco as at the start of the year I thought they would be too far short after Doyle's average took so much but good fortune and sticking by Ellis has paid off. A long way to go but looking good and going to take some team to take this Swindon team over 2 legs.

• Like 3

Good display from Swindon although expected them to win and it appears Museliak can ride any track well.Kennett good guest, hope KK misses a few more meetings so his average doesn't go up too much Well done to Barker getting a full minimum!

Watch heat 14 of the SEC, KK at his finest , wasn't interested , compare that to Johnson the race before.

Saw a photo of the Rye track from last night, looked dire, riders were promised dirt before the season the truck must have broken down on route.

Junior

Bellego is the signing of the season for me, the main reason swindon are doing so well, nobody could have expected such good scoring from him everywhere

• Like 3

Easy win for Swindon, they took their foot off the gas in the latter part of the meeting. Usual one line on the fence track tonight. Give the likes of Harris and Nicholls some material to work with, and they might win a few more races.

I thought Swindon absolutely kept their foot on the gas (picking the guest in ht 15 shows intent) quite rightly they saw the opportunity to make a big statement against a team that they very much could be playing in the play offs

I knew we'd lose but that really was embarassing...

Outgated, Outbattled, Outclassed

I cant believe certian RH fans are still mentioning the words "Play Offs".. We're not good enough!!!!

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 1

I can't remember the last time rye were so bad at home. I think we could be in the relegation play off if we keep performing like that !!! Going to think hard about Wednesday night and spending another £20 to see that rubbish, and listening to the bull s--t about making the playoffs !!!

• Like 2

Have just seen that following his fall in heat 12 that Bradley is having to visit hospital today to get checked out for what I understand is an injury to his wrist. I hope he is ok as he was doing well in the meeting, but Swindon have a break as a team now till 17th, but I recall seeing that Brad was booked as a guest for someone today or tomorrow

Edited by A ORLOV

Have just seen that following his fall in heat 12 a comment that Bradley is having to visit hospital today to get checked out for what I understand is an injury to his wrist. I hope he is ok as he was doing well in the meeting, but Swindon have a break as a team now till 17th, but I recall seeing that Brad was booked as a guest for someone today or tomorrow

the 4's for Peterborough.. instead of the wandering Jack Holder.

I thought Swindon absolutely kept their foot on the gas (picking the guest in ht 15 shows intent) quite rightly they saw the opportunity to make a big statement against a team that they very much could be playing in the play offs

:lol::lol:

rye are more likely to be in the relegation play offs!

Despite last nights hammering, Rye are built around a big No 6 Robbo/KK etc (look at the home win v Wolves) not Morley and Priest and whilst we are so far from Swindon right now Fourth place is between Kings Lynn (possibly may not win again all season home or away) and Poole (4 straight HOME defeats) so mock the talk of 4th place so whilst Rye so don't deserve a play off place, first tell me who WILL finish 4th.........exactly no so easy.

Another point, there was every chance with the team make up last night against the team bang in form and rain and thunder during the day the promoters still put the match on, no grubby cancellation here, Honourable or Nieve?

rye are more likely to be in the relegation play offs!

Waste of time should Glasgow or Edinburgh be the opponents. They'll not want to move up and lose lucrative local derbies.

• Like 2

Yes it's a load of rubbish. The Premiership team might want to go down (Leicester?) but the Championship one won't want to go up. Should be interesting. :lol:

Don't be too downhearted Rye fans - you've got a likely away win to look forward to on Thursday!! lol ;-)

• Like 1