British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leicester V Kings Lynn Saturday 5th August

All of that should be done anyway.

Erm, yes, agree with that....

This Bewley talk reminds me of just 2-3 years ago with regards to Robert Lambert.

I don't think he's all that's cracked up to be to be perfectly honest

Who Bewley ? i have been very impressed with him his gating is hit or miss but he rides like a rider alot older and more experienced.Minimum he will be a very good domestic rider but i think he will go higher than that also he seems very level headed with a good temperment the best young rider we have coming through.

Who Bewley ? i have been very impressed with him his gating is hit or miss but he rides like a rider alot older and more experienced.Minimum he will be a very good domestic rider but i think he will go higher than that also he seems very level headed with a good temperment the best young rider we have coming through.

All of that is a repeat of comments made about Lambert

This Bewley talk reminds me of just 2-3 years ago with regards to Robert Lambert.

I don't think he's all that's cracked up to be to be perfectly honest

He's a British youngster with less than two years experience. He obviously has a natural talent, a racing brain, maturity and looks to have the skills necessary to progress to the top. Whether he will is at this stage a matter of opinion and many factors can get in the way, injuries, not remaining dedicated and prepared to make the sacrifices necessary etc. My experience is that every now and again riders come along and you can tell that they are exceptional, Collins, Carter and Lee are examples. Having watched Bewley from his first ride with the Colts to the present I think he is in that same mold.

• Like 1

All of that is a repeat of comments made about Lambert

Bewley is a different kettle of fish altogether no comparison to how both there career's started.

He's a British youngster with less than two years experience. He obviously has a natural talent, a racing brain, maturity and looks to have the skills necessary to progress to the top. Whether he will is at this stage a matter of opinion and many factors can get in the way, injuries, not remaining dedicated and prepared to make the sacrifices necessary etc. My experience is that every now and again riders come along and you can tell that they are exceptional, Collins, Carter and Lee are examples. Having watched Bewley from his first ride with the Colts to the present I think he is in that same mold.

High praise indeed and i would agree with you if he has luck on his side and is dedicated he can go along way those three you named and Ward are the best young riders that i have ever seen.
  • Like 1

First time seeing him live yesterday. What impressed me was he was so still on the bike. Others were shifting their weight from side to side, bucking about etc, Bewley just sat serenely and it worked. Reminded me of Leigh Adams, if he emulates him there will be few complaints.

• Like 2

Just shows you a race like that can be just as good as a race with four GP riders in it Bewley an exciting talent.

Looking at that video, it certainly seems Bewley nicked that on the line, yet the referee gave it to Bjerre.

• Like 1

Looking at that video, it certainly seems Bewley nicked that on the line, yet the referee gave it to Bjerre.

I've got to agree with you there.

Collins, Carter and Lee are examples. Having watched Bewley from his first ride with the Colts to the present I think he is in that same mold.

Crikey, that's quite some expectations for the lad to live up to. Hopefully he can do so as he certainly is a talented kid. He looks a lot smoother and braver than many older riders. British speedway can only benefit from giving the young man every possible encouragement.

• Like 2

Crikey, that's quite some expectations for the lad to live up to. Hopefully he can do so as he certainly is a talented kid. He looks a lot smoother and braver than many older riders. British speedway can only benefit from giving the young man every possible encouragement.

There are no certainties, we've seen too many riders with potential fall by the wayside but everything about Bewley makes me think he can be the real deal, albeit there is still a very long way to go.

• Like 1

Unfortunately away on holiday for last weeks meeting but great to hear all the great comments about a young British rider

I remember watching Kenny Carter and Michael Lee at Blackbird Road when they were young

Wow two gifted riders you could ever witness on a bike.Worth the £ 3.00 it cost back in the day and that included the programme to watch them

Like another poster has said let's not build him up to much as the is hell of a pedigree to live up to.

We in Britain love to build people up and slate them as soon as things start failing off.

All the best to you Dan Bewley keep up the good work and stay safe

Shirl

• Like 1

The problem is most people don't just go to speedway for the sport itself but to actually see their team. I think its an acknowledged fact that in most cases if a track closes those who attended simply drift away from the sport rather than going elsewhere.

If its not your team - in other words it is packed with guests - it will almost certainly put people off going, especially those travelling. I support the guest system, but in recent seasons it has become nothing less than ridiculous with meetings without them becoming almost non existent in the top two divisions.

In most sports, winning counts hugely for a paying spectator. Such is the passion for the team that watching them lose is so depressing it is better not to go. In my experience, this applies to speedway more than most.

No, televised meetings aren't better than live ones. The only thing is if a meeting is crap if you are at home you can just turn it off.

Best post i've read in ages on here.