British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TurnTwo

Hammers V Eagles

2 days until these 2 meet, with Matt Bates at reserve and RR for charley powell meaning brennan can take a ride this could be close. I'm going with a 45-45 score line.

Sorry, not a snowballs chance with r/r for Powell and Leek at reserve. They will have to ride their socks off to get a point out of this. Looks like they may have left Saunders out to keep him to 3 matches! because this is one they were never going to win after the Hurry affair.

Realistic is 52-38 to Lakeside.

Would reason Saunders is missing not be grasstrack? Am presuming that's where Charley Powell is.

Looking forward to this one should be competitive,but i expect Lakesides top end to prevail with Parkinson Blackburn guesting for the injured Zack

Eastie will need to fire on all cylinders so that they take points from our tail enders. Can't see them making much impression on our top 3.

Will be a close result and worth seeing IMO.

I think you will be surprised the impact we make on you're top3, but if we can get 3-3 in those heats and take advantages in ones without them then we can win.

Mark Baseby withdrawn tonight through injury, not sure what options there are if he's not available.

There are lots of options as there are no other matches scheduled for today, Perry, Carr Bacon, Ayres.

Depends how serious they are today. As I had already expected to lose regardless, I would give Kelsey a run out for Powell and r/r for Baseby. That way Jake Knight gets 6 outings and gives the crowd the possibility of six decent races against their heatleaders.

Hope Georgie's motor gremlins are not back as it looked dubious at times last night.

There are lots of options as there are no other matches scheduled for today, Perry, Carr Bacon, Ayres.

Depends how serious they are today. As I had already expected to lose regardless, I would give Kelsey a run out for Powell and r/r for Baseby. That way Jake Knight gets 6 outings and gives the crowd the possibility of six decent races against their heatleaders.

Hope Georgie's motor gremlins are not back as it looked dubious at times last night.

Kelsey can't ride. You need to be in a team to guest.

Ayres is the guest for Baseby.

Edited by Islander15

Superb meeting in front of a decent crowd ,,Eagles got off to a slow start but came back strongly to force a last heat decider, in which Ben Morley came with a great outside pass on Eagles guest Danny Ayers to round off a superb 15 point max ,.Paul Hurry passed Ayers two laps later to complete a 5-1 that denied Eagles a match point Score 49 - 41 ... Alfie Bowtell and Paul gave good backing to Ben with good team riding, in a match that had some really great races,in which guest JPB rode well for us, tried hard.. Though i think Zack would have scored at least double his 6 points....Connor Locke is starting to show good pace,,but his over locking caused by his jerky lean off the bike coming out of corners is bringing him to a near stand still ,,,cut that out and he could make good progress as a rider ...Track staff worked hard to keep the dust down..most enjoyable afternoon... Next home meeting is Frid 25th Aug against Mildenhall.......

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

That was probably one of the only afternoon meetings I have enjoyed at arena, some good racing throughout. I guess the problems Laurence had with his bike meant he was on his second bike for the meeting as he was well off the pace. No disrespect to Cousins but surely we can get someone better iam not sure I have seen him pass anyone this season. Some good team riding by Hurry to help Bowtell get his first two wins and Morley was different class once again.

• Like 1

A very enjoyable meeting today. It definitely improves things when the opposition give it a real good go as Eastbourne did today. Too many give up before a wheel is turned when they come to the Arena. Several excellent races and an atmosphere enhanced by a small but vocal band of Eagles fans on the home straight. Lovely weather, cracking match, last heat decider, Hammers win denying Eastie a point at the death. A pleasant reminder of how good speedway can be. Much worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

Nice to see some positive posts on here for a change !