British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TurnTwo

Hammers V Eagles

That was probably one of the only afternoon meetings I have enjoyed at arena, some good racing throughout. I guess the problems Laurence had with his bike meant he was on his second bike for the meeting as he was well off the pace. No disrespect to Cousins but surely we can get someone better iam not sure I have seen him pass anyone this season. Some good team riding by Hurry to help Bowtell get his first two wins and Morley was different class once again.

I took my 15 year old daughter, she loved it, the old boy Hurry shepherding the young fellow Bowtell home.

Morley looks great at his level ( saw him last night at Rye, he is gradually coming on!)

Was Cook there today? Kelvin discussing tactics with Paul and Ben before heat 15.

Thanks to JPB guesting, he certainly looks a good prospect.

If you haven't been, don't hesitate to go as it's great fun!

I believe Jon Cook was driving the tractor!

Great afternoon and a super result for us as was predicted. Cookie seems to have become the regular tractor driver these days. At least he

doesn't have to pay for the service. To be fair, does a good job so far as I can judge.

Heat 15 is on YouTube, Aryes looked pretty uncomfortable and got passed by the Hammers pair quite easily.

Sounds like it was a good meeting though, I thought Eastbourne might have been more of a threat given their form but DA scored more than I think Baseby would of as I recall someone telling me a couple of seasons back it's not a track he likes much.

The Eagles certainly have a good mix of riders though as Jake Knight won't have many poor meetings like that an Brennan and Bates seem to be making great strides.

Hammers have Bowtell coming on leaps too, they just need one reserve to light the place up.

Hammers have Bowtell coming on leaps too, they just need one reserve to light the place up.

Connor Locke is coming on very well but the season will probably end before he really gets there. Personally I am very impressed with him. He is still very inexperienced and has a long way to go but his heart is in the right place and he is a trier, we can't ask nh more from him at the moment.

Nice to see some positive posts on here for a change !

Jack Parkinson-Blackburn has tweeted that he absolutely loves the track. That's after Buxtons Matt Williamson tweeting he liked the track a couple of weeks ago. The track is certainly getting praise from all quarters since Ken took over this year. That will really upset some of the bitter ones who constantly keep knocking the club and telling us how good one line Rye House is

• Like 1

I have been very impressed with Locke he has improved a lot and like you said he is a real trier. Cousins is the weak link though.

Jason Edwards I think will be good but he is one for 2018 I expect.

Any team who can unearth a Dan Bewley type will always be onto a winner at this level, it's about finding these gems that might not always be too obvisous.