British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Is This Swindon Team The Best Of Recent Times?

This Swindon team is mediocre in the extreme.

Its just that other teams are even worse.

Mediocre with Doyle, Musielak, Morris as a solid heat leader trio and Bellego Ellis as superb back up with BWD who can pop up and surprise and win a race or two.Musielak is the difference and it just shows Wolves must be struggling financially to sell him to us was a suicidal move longterm in my book.
  • Like 1

Mediocre with Doyle, Musielak, Morris as a solid heat leader trio and Bellego Ellis as superb back up with BWD who can pop up and surprise and win a race or two.Musielak is the difference and it just shows Wolves must be struggling financially to sell him to us was a suicidal move longterm in my book.

Not really an indication of Wolves financial position. Give it a year or two when Musielak is an established Ekstraliga heat leader and has a Swedish deal and he won't want to / won't be allowed to ride here, so the Robins will have an unusable asset.

Not really an indication of Wolves financial position. Give it a year or two when Musielak is an established Ekstraliga heat leader and has a Swedish deal and he won't want to / won't be allowed to ride here, so the Robins will have an unusable asset.

I overheard people who would know talking about it, and Swindon paid 5 grand for Musielak. An increase of just 50 people a week on the gate through having a league topping side would pay that off, so I reckon he will pay for himself.

I dont know if it was Swindon or Wolves' decision to make it a full transfer but it was sound business from Swindon even if he doesn't appear in the UK again after this year.

I overheard people who would know talking about it, and Swindon paid 5 grand for Musielak.

The asset system is stupid. A rider rides eight matches and becomes an asset, meaning another club has to buy him or pay a loan fee; why? What has the club actually done for the rider?

• Like 1

The asset system is stupid. A rider rides eight matches and becomes an asset, meaning another club has to buy him or pay a loan fee; why? What has the club actually done for the rider?

I agree the asset system is stupid, but I'm not sure what you think riding 8 meetings has to do with it?

The league is watered down we all know that

But the sheer jealously from the Poole duo is amazing. Fools that are clueless but still we get a laugh out of them

Then the other one Gater1 who has had another name change to speedway fanatic pops up as well.....what a sad bunch in Dorset.

Basically Poole have imploded this season. Were hot favourites only to mess it up somehow. Middlo should take a look at the way Rosco does things!

Poole had a number one who they said loved Poole, only rides well for Poole and will rack up the big scores.

A solid second heat leader

2 young Aussie stars ( who to be fair have done great)

Solid loyal Kyle Newman who they bombed out for a rider of the same ability

The best reserve in the league by a mile

Good 2 pointer in Shanes

Thats the best part of the season that the Poole team has been so so dire

I hope Swindon go on to win it been the best team

I dont think so i believe Britain is the right move for him for his developement as a rider.Surprisingly Wolves never had the vision of having him in the team on a 4.57 average a real steal also giving one of there rivals a real leg up.

But the sheer jealously from the Poole duo is amazing. Fools that are clueless but still we get a laugh out of them

Then the other one Gater1 who has had another name change to speedway fanatic pops up as well.....what a sad bunch in Dorset.

Basically Poole have imploded this season. Were hot favourites only to mess it up somehow. Middlo should take a look at the way Rosco does things!

Poole had a number one who they said loved Poole, only rides well for Poole and will rack up the big scores.

Good 2 pointer in Shanes

My take on it is make the most of it well it lasts Swindon doing well is great but we all have to be realistic . For me over the last few years Ford has lost his touch his judgement on certain riders very questionable i believe Poole are slipping behind.

Why should Neil do that, how many Trophies has Rosco won?

Edited by Starman2006

Why should Neil do that, how many Trophies has Rosco won?

Because Rosco is doing better than Middlo in the last few years :t:

Edited by A ORLOV

This Swindon team is pretty meh. But to have gone 11 out of 11 and be top of the league shows how well they're all performing and how a team is more that the sum of it's parts. Rosco is working some serious magic and for that I'm more impressed than if they had just been a great team from the start.

Fair play to all 9 of this season Robins and the great Rosco.

edit - Musielak was an inspirational signing. But he was always going to do well, I'm not shocked about that. Bellego, and BWD to a lesser extent have impressed me.

Edited by SCB

Good 2 pointer in Shanes

This made me laugh.

Poole have and always will achieve more than Swindon or any other British club for that matter.

Just you trying to get a bite again isn't it.

This made me laugh.

Poole have and always will achieve more than Swindon or any other British club for that matter.

I think Bell vue and Coventry may have something to say about that they go back a long way Edited by kingbee

This made me laugh.

Shoes how much you know about speedway history. Not a patch on Belle Vue, Wembley, Wimbledon etc.