British Speedway Forum
iainb

Why Not Work With The Poles?

It seems perfectly clear that there is only ever going to be one winner between Poland and GB speedway. Surely it's time to start working with the Polish league and not against it.

Why don't UK clubs team up with a Polish counterpart and run squad systems between them. That way when the Polish club calls on a rider from the UK they can send one of their own across to the UK as a replacement, every one's a winner. The Poles get the rider they want, the rider gets the big money and experience (that Cook and Lambert etc are looking for), the dropped polish rider gets to ride in the UK to add to their experience and the UK teams are able to field a full side.

A number of football clubs have affiliated feeder clubs (or used to anyway).

I wonder if anybody is forward thinking enough to make it happen, or will toys continue to be thrown out of prams until there is no professional speedway league in this country.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

It seems perfectly clear that there is only ever going to be one winner between Poland and GB speedway. Surely it's time to start working with the Polish league and not against it.

Why don't UK clubs team up with a Polish counterpart and run squad systems between them. That way when the Polish club calls on a rider from the UK they can send one of their own across to the UK as a replacement, every one's a winner. The Poles get the rider they want, the rider gets the big money and experience (that Cook and Lambert etc are looking for), the dropped polish rider gets to ride in the UK to add to their experience and the UK teams are able to field a full side.

I wonder if anybody is forward thinking enough to make it happen, or will toys continued to be thrown out of prams until there is no professional speedway league in this country.

On the face of it - that sounds like a very good idea. A win, win for everyone, Clubs, Riders and Supporters.

It won't happen though for the reason highlighted above.

• Like 1

Stoke City have just started a partnership with my local club in Hamburg.I will tell you what won't happen.If one of St.Pauli's players is scoring a lot of goals Stoke won't be able to say come over to us for a game next week and we will send one of our players over for a game.We will see if you go well and you could play a few more games for us while still having a few games in Germany when we don't need you

Total nonsense that doesn't happen.End of

• Like 1

I wonder if anybody is forward thinking enough to make it happen, or will toys continued to be thrown out of prams until there is no professional speedway league in this country.

On the face of it - that sounds like a very good idea. A win, win for everyone, Clubs, Riders and Supporters.

It won't happen though for the reason highlighted above.

How right you are TWK! :approve:

Edited by Guest

Slight snag to the idea. The Poles will not even attempt to cooperate with anyone, be it Britain, Sweden or Denmark.

• Like 1

Slight snag to the idea. The Poles will not even attempt to cooperate with anyone, be it Britain, Sweden or Denmark.

they dont need to cooperate, they click their fingers, pay some cash and the promoter agrees to weaken his team.

that's all the cooperation they want

• Like 2

I wonder if anybody has ever tried to co-operate or just approach them with their own self interest in mind. Perhaps a mutually beneficial approach is needed

Edited by iainb

British riders are not up to the standard required to compete at the top level in Poland so while a good idea the reality is it cannot happen. Unfortunately two choices, bring the Poles down to the lowest common denominator (will not happen) or GB walk away because riders in the GB are simply not good enough and leave the Poles looking for some alternative opposition which with the Russians, Latvians and a combined Scandinavian presence could be provided. Maybe at individual or pairs but anything else Gab has no chance. Speedway in the U.K. needs to go back to basics and start again if it is to survive, the alternative is oblivion. Accepr that GB riders are not at the same level but might be in a few years

I wonder if anybody has ever tried to co-operative or just approach them with their own self interest in mind. Perhaps a mutually beneficial approach is needed

Can you be more specific with the idea please iainb? IMO you have the basis of a sound suggestion but I would like to see more data in relation to it. Thank you.

maybe they lack trust in others ?

I'm not talking specifically about British riders but riders riding in Britain... Jack Holder and Jacob Thorsell immediately spring to mind.

Instead of coming up with reasons why it couldn't work how about looking at ways it could work. It was only a kernel of an idea and everybody is shutting me down

I'm not talking specifically about British riders but riders riding in Britain... Jack Holder and Jacob Thorsell immediately spring to mind.

Instead of coming up with reasons why it couldn't work how about looking at ways it could work. It was only a kernel of an idea and everybody is shutting me down

I'm not shutting you down.

I just don't think your idea, which certainly has a lot of merit, in my opinion, will be implemented because of the lack of foresight by the Speedway Authorities.

• Like 1

I tend to agree... But it would be nice to think there was a way out of the current pit speedway in this country is in.

it won't work because, its a new idea, so won't work,,, it never happened in the past so it is bound to fail ;)

• Like 1

I am just pointing out how your football reference is ridiculous.Surely you can see that the sort of thing you are trying to solve just doesn't,'t happen in football and probably any other sport,so bringing football into your solution is a poor example