British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Rye House Thurs 10/8/17

Poole to win this by 10-15.

Wasnt that much of improved performance at Wolves when you look at it. Maybe in the fact that the Poole boys showed more fight than last time.

Was a point lost for Poole though. If Hans had done better and the correct riders chosen for heat 15 then maybe so. Holder had seen Thorsells back wheel in every race so have no idea why he was in heat 15. Hans had bustled up Lindgren in heat 13 and should have been in.

It was mentioned on twitter last night that Hans had a problem with his engine so maybe didn't feel confident enough.

poole prayin for a rain off ... thatle stop the rot

Going to be ok here tomorrow. But would have been off today. Its done nothing but rain all day..

• Like 1

It was mentioned on twitter last night that Hans had a problem with his engine so maybe didn't feel confident enough.

Bottled it in other words !
  • Like 1

makes more sense if so. Still wouldnt have used Holder would have used Kennett. I was shocked when i was looking at the updates and it wasnt Hans and Eddie

Bottled it in other words !

I wouldnt class Hans Andersen as a bottler. By all accounts him and Freddie had a real good tussle in heat 13. He hadnt had a great night but had a fall when in second and then was part of the 8-1 before heat 13.

He had nothing to gain by not being in the last heat unless he had bike issues.

I would have thought he would have ridden as in that situation as even though he hadnt scored that well he would have been the most likely Poole rider to make a start when needed and get a second place to get Poole a point

makes more sense if so. Still wouldnt have used Holder would have used Kennett. I was shocked when i was looking at the updates and it wasnt Hans and Eddie

I wouldnt class Hans Andersen as a bottler. By all accounts him and Freddie had a real good tussle in heat 13. He hadnt had a great night but had a fall when in second and then was part of the 8-1 before heat 13.

He had nothing to gain by not being in the last heat unless he had bike issues.

I would have thought he would have ridden as in that situation as even though he hadnt scored that well he would have been the most likely Poole rider to make a start when needed and get a second place to get Poole a point

We agree on something Gavan! I would have done Hans and Kennett too, but it was pointed out to me that Lahti had scored ten, that person obv forgot he got 6 of them in one race!! :D

Looking forward to seeing a full Poole 1-7 tomorrow night. Might take Brady a week or two to get back his full fitness but much better than r/r.

The return of KK makes this a spicy meeting and hard to predict. Weather set fair.

Looking forward to tonights meeting,with Somerset winning last night now is the time for Poole to rediscover some home form.

With Kasprzak at reserve and track experts in Bomber and Nicholls for Rye-House it will be tough.

We need to pick up 3 points tonight and keep our season alive.

Poole surely must win this by around 10 i would say but it could be interesting.

Kings Lynn imploding has helped Poole stay 4th but Somerset are catching but i think will fall short.

However if Poole do lose tonight then Somerset ride at home to Leicester before Poole ride again and could go level on points.

But Poole now have 4 home meetings on the trot starting tonight and then they have a home and away against a very weak Kings Lynn side so should in my opinion just about hold on.

Wouldnt it be a strange old season if 2 teams totally written off at the start in Swindon and Somerset make it to the play offs!

• Like 1

As a Rye House fan and going tonight are there any others going? and where is the best place to stand?

As a Rye House fan and going tonight are there any others going? and where is the best place to stand?

will be there - often watch on first/second bend or in the stand at the first bend end - should be a few of us there

will be there - often watch on first/second bend or in the stand at the first bend end - should be a few of us there

Hope to see you there

Pirates riding order? Any guess?

My guess for Brady's first meeting back when he might still be a little 'sluggish', is

1.Kurtz; 2. Kennett; 3. Holder; 4. Lahti; 5. Andersen; 6.Starke; 7. Shanes.

Otherwise 1.Kurtz; 2. Holder; 3. Lahti; 4.Kennett; 5. Andersen; 6. Starke; 7. Shanes.

Edited by Skidder1