British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

It's really good to have speedway on BT Sport but whoever is directing the coverage needs to up his/her game. Camera angles not wide enough so we miss riders who are making attacking moves and, worse still, the director keeps changing the picture away from the real action. Instead we get a close up of one rider who is clear of the rest.

• Like 3

It's really good to have speedway on BT Sport but whoever is directing the coverage needs to up his/her game. Camera angles not wide enough so we miss riders who are making attacking moves and, worse still, the director keeps changing the picture away from the real action. Instead we get a close up of one rider who is clear of the rest.

Shocking! Been watching at home and looks like being directed by a 5 year old. Missed so many of the passenger and exciting parts of the racing.

Also don't understand the constant close ups of Debbie Hancock.... Not relevant and certainly not attractive

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 7

Shocking! Been watching at home and looks like being directed by a 5 year old. Missed so many of the passenger and exciting parts of the racing.

Also don't understand the constant close ups of Debbie Hancock.... Not relevant and certainly not attractive

Muck Fe you're on it tonight !!!!!!!

You're no oil painting yourself ...

• Like 1

At least BT Sport are showing speedway for the many people who cannot get to the meetings, easy to criticise but I would sooner have a few relatively minor imperfections than no speedway at all. Remember this is the first year BT have covered speedway so give them some slack rather than moan, moan, moan

• Like 4

At least BT Sport are showing speedway for the many people who cannot get to the meetings, easy to criticise but I would sooner have a few relatively minor imperfections than no speedway at all. Remember this is the first year BT have covered speedway so give them some slack rather than moan, moan, moan

I never got this weird way how people defend poor quality television with the defence, 'at least we have speedway on TV'.

Yes we have speedway on TV, but the others are right, the coverage was not keeping up with the bikes in key moment tonight. Fundamental stuff. Nothing wrong with wanting 'quality TV' for our speedway coverage.

• Like 3

You're no oil painting yourself ...

Agreed and I would not be happy of camera kept on focusing on me. I am not saying she asked for it to happen and could well be p**sed off when she watches the meeting but the question still remains... why the hell did the producer keep on showing Miss Hancock standing there?

At least BT manage to find the youngsters in the crowd. All Sky ever showed was wrinklies old age pensioners and dogs :P

Agreed and I would not be happy of camera kept on focusing on me. I am not saying she asked for it to happen and could well be p**sed off when she watches the meeting but the question still remains... why the hell did the producer keep on showing Miss Hancock standing there?

Probably because he knows very little about speedway and thinks a female in charge is a novelty.

At least BT manage to find the youngsters in the crowd. All Sky ever showed was wrinklies old age pensioners and dogs :P

Agreed, it seems a rarity at any track.

I must say I do find the production,directing and vision mixing of the league Speedway quite confusing this year.

The guy in charge is very experienced and in fact would say he is the master of directing Speedway tv production having done 100s of GPs and has done the world cups as well but not really sure what's going on with the league coverage.

I am unsure whether he is being let down by a more junior production team and vision mixer than he is used to or whether as there is less cameras is struggling to produce it in the way as you can the GPs. This may be why they keep cutting to Debbie and Colin Pratt as they haven't got the on track angles to make the coverage seem varied.

I have also noticed that now the nights are starting to draw in that more of the meetings are being done in the dark the age and quality of equipment being used is starting to show as needs more light than what new kit can operate with.

This year was always going to be difficult as has been said many times on here it is being done to a tight budget to keep costs as low as possible.

Let's hope that 2018 it can continue to be on TV whether it be on BT or back on Sky the main thing is live British Speedway on TV whichever way there will be improvements to coverage as can be budgeted and funded correctly.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

I must say I do find the production,directing and vision mixing of the league Speedway quite confusing this year.

The guy in charge is very experienced and in fact would say he is the master of directing Speedway tv production having done 100s of GPs and has done the world cups as well but not really sure what's going on with the league coverage.

I am unsure whether he is being let down by a more junior production team and vision mixer than he is used to or whether as there is less cameras is struggling to produce it in the way as you can the GPs. This may be why they keep cutting to Debbie and Colin Pratt as they haven't got the on track angles to make the coverage seem varied.

I have also noticed that now the nights are starting to draw in that more of the meetings are being done in the dark the age and quality of equipment being used is starting to show as needs more light than what new kit can operate with.

This year was always going to be difficult as has been said many times on here it is being done to a tight budget to keep costs as low as possible.

Let's hope that 2018 it can continue to be on TV whether it be on BT or back on Sky the main thing is live British Speedway on TV whichever way there will be improvements to coverage as can be budgeted and funded correctly.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I can not imagine this quality of production will put any existing speedway fans off, but I seriously doubt it will tempt new ones to watch again and certainly pubs and venues with TVs will notice the poor quality. Hence viewing figures will get hit over the season if it carries on like this.

• Like 2

Maybe he couldnt find Buster

Let's hope that 2018 it can continue to be on TV whether it be on BT or back on Sky

Is it still in the contractual pipeline that Sky might take it back?

[quote name="jchapman"

No need for comments like that.Childish & spiteful.

• Like 3