British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

Agreed and I would not be happy of camera kept on focusing on me. I am not saying she asked for it to happen and could well be p**sed off when she watches the meeting but the question still remains... why the hell did the producer keep on showing Miss Hancock standing there?

Yes that's a good point ... though you didn't need to diss Mrs Hancock (I don't know if you have history with her!). As women in speedway go, she's not bad at all! Colin Pratt is no Colin Firth either.

• Like 2

Shocking! Been watching at home and looks like being directed by a 5 year old. Missed so many of the passenger and exciting parts of the racing.

Also don't understand the constant close ups of Debbie Hancock.... Not relevant and certainly not attractive

Not relevant what Mrs Hancock looks like but should only judge on her skill in promotion. No need to comment on attractiveness.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

The Return - I cannot say obviously from a BSPA/Go Speed side about Speedway returning to Sky sports whether they would be interested but from a Sky side the door is not closed and locked,

if the conditions were right and some of the improvements that Sky have previously suggested have been implemented like reduced entry fees and more promotions combined with the positive viewing figures has not gone unnoticed by the powers that be at Sky especially with how some recent tv rights auctions have gone for other sports and rebranding of channels.

Speedway would actually be a good fit for Sky sports Action channel with regular live content.

Unfortunately the end decision is not with me otherwise we would be having a UHD 24camera & Dolby Atmos super production 😀

Edited by flagrag

Yes that's a good point ... though you didn't need to diss Mrs Hancock (I don't know if you have history with her!). As women in speedway go, she's not bad at all! Colin Pratt is no Colin Firth either.

I think Debbie is a good and honest speedway promoter and my comment was flippant based on the fact cameras will often focus on start line girls because they they clearly think it keeps the average viewer happy.

• Like 2

I personally think Debbie is attractive, she also seems like a really nice person.

However, she would want to be judged on her promotional abilities, not her looks.

Somerset as a club are growing on and off the track.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan
  • Like 2

I have now had a chance to review the coverage from tonight and also from the World Cup back in June.

To me some of issues people are reporting with the production is down to a lack of cameras.

When you watch a few of the World Cup races there is on a Average around 22 cuts to different cameras during a race where as compared to the league racing tonight it is around 12 some of which are to the camera pointing in from the tapes which to me offers no benefit and also the managers shot.

Another positive I like from the BT production is the round up of footage from around the tracks and I think Natalie is definitely the right person to front Speedway as has so much knowledge and knows the questions to ask.

• Like 2

Less cameras is obviously a negative, hopefully improved next season. However, the other areas of presentation are so much better. Very few pointless interviews between races means the action rattles along and most of the chat and analysis takes place after Heat 15. Big improvement for those at the meeting and watching at home. Natalie and Steve Brandon do a very professional job as presenters/interviewers.

• Like 1

At least BT manage to find the youngsters in the crowd. All Sky ever showed was wrinklies old age pensioners and dogs :P

Just for one moment I thought I was famous but then I realised no chance of it ever being me and Lucy because she's always out of sight stretched out asleep. :lol:

• Like 1

BT presentation team are strong, for both league and GP racing. I enjoy the coverage.

First of all I applaud BT Sport for keeping speedway on our screens. In my opinion, their coverage is better than Sky's in terms of pre & post meeting discussions and Natalie, as we all appear to acknowledge, loves the sport and as a consequence has a good depth of knowledge. Steve Braddon is OK, but I personally didn't see anything wrong in Sophie Blake, (I particularly use to enjoy her interviews with Scott Nichols), but where they do need to improve is when two riders are on the last lap and going for the finish line, the camera needs to pan out quicker. It's zoomed in too close to the riders which is extremely annoying, a producer fault in my opinion, but hey what do I know.

Other than that I'm thoroughly enjoying the coverage and you can't beat the banter between Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, they remain so enthusiastic about the sport and it's infectious, bringing energy into our living rooms each time. Others have tried it but their commentating has been dire.

Well done BT Sport, iron out the niggling finish line camera issue and you're delivering a great product.

• Like 3

First of all I applaud BT Sport for keeping speedway on our screens. In my opinion, their coverage is better than Sky's in terms of pre & post meeting discussions and Natalie, as we all appear to acknowledge, loves the sport and as a consequence has a good depth of knowledge. Steve Braddon is OK, but I personally didn't see anything wrong in Sophie Blake, (I particularly use to enjoy her interviews with Scott Nichols), but where they do need to improve is when two riders are on the last lap and going for the finish line, the camera needs to pan out quicker. It's zoomed in too close to the riders which is extremely annoying, a producer fault in my opinion, but hey what do I know.

Other than that I'm thoroughly enjoying the coverage and you can't beat the banter between Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, they remain so enthusiastic about the sport and it's infectious, bringing energy into our living rooms each time. Others have tried it but their commentating has been dire.

Well done BT Sport, iron out the niggling finish line camera issue and you're delivering a great product.

Dave Rowe and Dave Goddard`s commentary have never been dire- infact exactly the opposite !!!!!

• Like 1

I have now had a chance to review the coverage from tonight and also from the World Cup back in June.

To me some of issues people are reporting with the production is down to a lack of cameras.

When you watch a few of the World Cup races there is on a Average around 22 cuts to different cameras during a race where as compared to the league racing tonight it is around 12 some of which are to the camera pointing in from the tapes which to me offers no benefit and also the managers shot.

Another positive I like from the BT production is the round up of footage from around the tracks and I think Natalie is definitely the right person to front Speedway as has so much knowledge and knows the questions to ask.

I don't buy this lack of 'cameras'.

I have tonnes of videos of meetings in the past filmed with just ONE camera and they don't miss the exciting parts of the race. Indeed, they are far better, viewed from side on with a bit of height. To me, you miss more of the action the more cameras you have as you constantly flip from close ups to head ons etc. All the other camera angles are most beneficial during replays to give a different perspective.

• Like 1

Firstly, thanks to BT Sport for covering Speedway in the UK - without them..... well it doesn't bear thinking about.

It is noticeable how much less equipment BT bring for an outside broadcast compared to the millions of lorries and trucks Sky used to bring along. Maybe this is a cost cutting measure, maybe they are a little more efficient?

What I do know is last night was one of the best run meetings at Lynn for a while. In the past, meetings which were on Sky seemed to take FOREVER. Last night was done and dusted by 9.15. Well done to all concerned.

• Like 4

I am pleased to see BT coverage.

I do wish that they would follow the race more rather than follow the leader.

Frequently battles at the back are missed because they are following the leader.....In the old days BBC who rarely covered Speedway were guilty of the same camerawork.

Less cameras is obviously a negative, hopefully improved next season. However, the other areas of presentation are so much better. Very few pointless interviews between races means the action rattles along and most of the chat and analysis takes place after Heat 15. Big improvement for those at the meeting and watching at home. Natalie and Steve Brandon do a very professional job as presenters/interviewers.

Totally agree. Natalie and Steve are streets ahead of Keith Hewen (?) and the Sky female presenters and the overall presentation and graphics are excellent. Point taken though about some poor camera work.

• Like 1