British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

Agree with your vote. Although my preference would be to balance the volume between racing action and commentary. In my opinion the racing is too silent on Premier Sports.

I find their Swedish coverage is fine (probably because it's live) but agree on the Polish coverage, racing is far too quiet.

Can I put in a vote for Dave Goddard. I recently "made his acquaintance" while watching the speedway coverage from Sweden on Premier Soorts on Tuesday evening. Dave is a knowledgable and well balaced commentator who also communicates with fans via social media throughout his commentry. And when the channel fills in during the tractor racing with other sports, Dsve is often the commentator as well.

If BT or Sky were looking for a new talent, they should look no further.

Have added him to twitter follow list as he pre announces which meetings are being shown on Premier and I use this as well as a couple of others on here who provided information on which meetings are being shown, ie R&R and Ghostwalker .

Edited by A ORLOV

I watched some of Tuesday's Swedish speedway on Freeview's FreeSport Channel 95 last night although I missed the start and didn't catch who the commentator was? Anyone else see it?

Bit strung out at times, Michelsen looked like he wasn't fazed by conditions.

I watched some of Tuesday's Swedish speedway on Freeview's FreeSport Channel 95 last night although I missed the start and didn't catch who the commentator was?

Me :)

And who said "tractor racing"? :o

• Like 2

Me :)

And who said "tractor racing"? :o

Dave, perhaps you could give us an insight of what your Tuesday is like on commentary day?

Research you do, The studio, staff around you etc?

Dave, perhaps you could give us an insight of what your Tuesday is like on commentary day?

Research you do, The studio, staff around you etc?

I`m certain he said on Tuesday he was at the track because he just couldn`t quite see the exclusion`s lights from his commentary box :lol:

Surely he`s not sat in a studio in Dublin !!!!!

I`m certain he said on Tuesday he was at the track because he just couldn`t quite see the exclusion`s lights from his commentary box :lol:

Surely he`s not sat in a studio in Dublin !!!!!

Well, he'd be telling the truth if so as I'm sure he couldn't quite see them from Dublin! :)

Nice to hear another commentator who (like Dave Rowe) actually COMMENTATES on whats happening rather than just making "monkey noises" like the two cretinous "shouty twins" resort to every time something remotely exciting happens!

• Like 2

I watched some of Tuesday's Swedish speedway on Freeview's FreeSport Channel 95 last night although I missed the start and didn't catch who the commentator was? Anyone else see it?

Dave Goddard

Same here, and you've just quoted Steve so I've seen it.

Is it possible to block posts even when quoted?

Does anyone know if the coverage of the Premier Semis on 25/9 is showing one meeting or will it be alternate heats from both. I find the alternate heats method is good for TV but an awful drag if attending the meeting. Presume big screen at the track is too much to expect?

Does anyone know if the coverage of the Premier Semis on 25/9 is showing one meeting or will it be alternate heats from both. I find the alternate heats method is good for TV but an awful drag if attending the meeting. Presume big screen at the track is too much to expect?

I'm fairly sure both the 2nd legs are being shown, so alternate heats would be the format, a veritable feast of races for tv viewers.

I'm fairly sure both the 2nd legs are being shown, so alternate heats would be the format, a veritable feast of races for tv viewers.

Yes they will be, but ive never liked the idea of that. Far to drawn out.

Well make the most of it. I have heard from a few sources there is no plan for BT or Sky to show league speedway next season.

BT might only be interested provided teams have far stronger teams with GP riders, which would help promote the GP series.

There could well be only 6 more live league meetings before the league loses out completely to live meetings.

• Like 1