Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

How hard is it for a TV director to ensure the shot we see being the best bits of a race ? Lovely close up's of one rider are fine but not when the other three riders are racing closely and over taking.

I'd say it's extremely difficult in terms of a speedway race. You're right it isn't great but at least we're getting 30 heats , mustn't grumble...

• Like 2

Why aren't they showing Wednesday's meeting?

Champions League week, they show about 5 or more matches I hear.

I'd say it's extremely difficult in terms of a speedway race. You're right it isn't great but at least we're getting 30 heats , mustn't grumble...

I agree. Must not grumble with 30 heats on TV.

• Like 2

Better this coverage, with a few small problems, than no coverage at all, which speedway is facing if BT decides it's not worth it. I enjoy it greatly and hope that it does continue next year. And / Or that the BSPA embrace some kind of Pay Per View for other matches ( for which I believe there is a viable market for away fans especially ).

Why aren't they showing Wednesday's meeting? 😕

Is there no red button anymore or is it only Sky channels that can use this facility?

Trees- Yes BT sport do have a Red button option but that is already in use for the Champions League football as they have around 8 matches to show on Wednesday.

I would have a guess that BT will be sending at least one camera crew to the meeting so they have some footage for Monday and if Natalie is there she will do an interview with the winning manager and captain

• Like 1

Thought Pearson did a good job last night.

Would be useful if they could add up, consistently using the match score rather than the aggregate score in the Swindon v Poole meeting.

BT dont capture the live event feel , the were times last night when there was no background noise at all, you wouldnt know there was a crowd there if they didnt show them, you can make a poor meeting captive viewing if you can capture the atmosphere, I kept thinking of the saying last night ,I guess you had to be there

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

a double meeting by bt looked like it is done on the cheap . why did we not have a commentary team at the abbey :?

Thought Pearson did a good job last night.

Considering they had to commentate on 2 meetings, they should both be commended.

• Like 3