British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

If that is what is on offer than not worth doing in my opinion. No point having GP riders racing against conference league reserves.

AGREE ... and it's not just the SGP riders themselves but the equipment they possess

AGREE ... and it's not just the SGP riders themselves but the equipment they possess

Which creates a never ending spiral of costs for riders who should be amateur or semi pro at best.

Sport in UK needs to go back to basics and rebuild again.

• Like 8

BT have been pleased with viewing figures for both the SGP and the PL. No doubt they are keen to continue in 2018 but depends what sort of deal the BSPA are prepared to accept.

My guess would be that if BT pick up the cost of production and pay a meeting fee, perhaps £10,000, the BSPA will bite their hand off. As well they should.

Just curious but how do BT know how many watch any particular match? Edited by RS50

FIGURES for terrestrial TV (BBC, ITV, etc) are calculated by information gathered from a few thousand people whose choice of programmes are regularly monitored. Probably about as reliable as an opinion poll.

Viewers watching via Sky or BT boxes, for example, can be calculated far more accurately.

For example: if you call Sky with a problem they can tell what you are watching. Cannot do that with terrestrial.

Which creates a never ending spiral of costs for riders who should be amateur or semi pro at best.

Sport in UK needs to go back to basics and rebuild again.

Wouldn't the same spiralling costs exist if the sport is amateur or semi-professional? All it takes is a handful of affluent riders or owners with deep pockets and the arms race continues unabated.

If that is what is on offer than not worth doing in my opinion. No point having GP riders racing against conference league reserves.

Why?

It used to happen on a regular basis when the sport had much bigger crowds.

Again... I don't remember the outcry when Hans Nielsen was lining up against David Haynes or Andy Sumner in 80's/90's.

• Like 2

Why?

It used to happen on a regular basis when the sport had much bigger crowds.

Again... I don't remember the outcry when Hans Nielsen was lining up against David Haynes or Andy Sumner in 80's/90's.

Spot on.

And teams were a lot less even in the good old days too.

Does it really matter how BT get their audience figures? If they are happy then that is surely a big plus to start negotiations.

Rather than clubs relying on some sort of TV cash pay out they should be concentrating on using TV to get more (and get more out of) corporate sponsorship, which in turn should benefit riders as well as the clubs.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

Does it really matter how BT get their audience figures? If they are happy then that is surely a big plus to start negotiations.

Rather than clubs relying on some sort of TV cash pay out they should be concentrating on using TV to get more (and get more out of) corporate sponsorship, which in turn should benefit riders as well as the clubs.

and perhaps try to persuade them to divert their contributions into different directions away from long standing loyal recipients?
  • Like 1

FIGURES for terrestrial TV (BBC, ITV, etc) are calculated by information gathered from a few thousand people whose choice of programmes are regularly monitored. Probably about as reliable as an opinion poll.

I think such figures should be taken wih a wee pinch of salt. I mean how many times have we visited folk, or had folk pop round to see us, and the TV is on in the background beacuse no-one has turned over or choose to watch something else whilst folk catch up with gossip, make plans to go out, or choose watch something else like a DVD or a film? So the TV was tuned to a particular channel for, say, the evening news but no-one is actually watching anymore....

Edited by Martin Mauger

Viewers watching via Sky or BT boxes, for example, can be calculated far more accurately.

For example: if you call Sky with a problem they can tell what you are watching. Cannot do that with terrestrial.

I wonder how many people they've come across who've had problems accessing those channels for the more discerning gentleman

How many screens have these gents come across.

Edited by beefy keefy

Steve Shovlar on the Poole thread stating no more coverage of league racing!! anyone know if that is correct?