British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

Interesting quotes from Lindgren on speedway GP.

He said: "Obviously I know about the TV deal and theyre still working on it I think. At the moment, it looks like they dont have a TV deal for next season, which means theyll have less to spend. The budgets for all the clubs will be lower.

For me, I love being able to race in Britain, but I have to look at all aspects is it worth it money-wise? I also have a budget to go with my race team, so well see."

No surprises for me to hear, and as I have previously said costs will need to be cut to keep the clubs in business this season.

We'll probably still get a deal as the BSPA know they can't afford to not have one but they will have to meet BT in the middle.

GSI are in advanced stages of negotiating a TV deal. It is very unlikely that it will fall through. If it were to fall through, they've already a contingency to replace the lost revenue.

He said: "Obviously I know about the TV deal and theyre still working on it I think. At the moment, it looks like they dont have a TV deal for next season, which means theyll have less to spend. The budgets for all the clubs will be lower.

For me, I love being able to race in Britain, but I have to look at all aspects is it worth it money-wise? I also have a budget to go with my race team, so well see."

No surprises for me to hear, and as I have previously said costs will need to be cut to keep the clubs in business this season.

And the old adage definitely applies that - anything is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it.

It's doomed,I tell ye. Things have got into such an unholy fankle the best way forward can only be backwards. Disband this Premier league, merge the teams into the other 11 and run for a season with a 19 team league as cheap as possible without people losing interest

Then start working on drawing up the Premier league to resume again in 2019. Get some decent external consultants in and just work on the structure and rules & regs, basically start from scratch and involve the TV people in the process. Then do a proper launch. The final chance saloon.

• Like 8

It's doomed,I tell ye. Things have got into such an unholy fankle the best way forward can only be backwards. Disband this Premier league, merge the teams into the other 11 and run for a season with a 19 team league as cheap as possible without people losing interest

Then start working on drawing up the Premier league to resume again in 2019. Get some decent external consultants in and just work on the structure and rules & regs, basically start from scratch and involve the TV people in the process. Then do a proper launch. The final chance saloon.

Probably the most constructive idea I've read... When we have teams dictating their chose of leagues and specific race nights, it time to have a massive rethink....

Oh Yes Please! Hamish, have no influence over the BSPA buggers?

GSI are in advanced stages of negotiating a TV deal. It is very unlikely that it will fall through. If it were to fall through, they've already a contingency to replace the lost revenue.

So we can have a TV deal or the contingency

Why cant we have both?

There is no way the lastest sky deal gave each club 120k each. That was the deal before the one we've just had wasn't it?

Basically what Lindgren is saying that if his pay rate is cut too much he wont ride in the UK, tbh I should think that will apply to a lot of clubs but clubs should only pay what they can afford. Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 3

....but some clubs can afford more than others and that will always be so!!

Is the TV deal for League meetings only or are GPs included too.

The GP deal will be separate...

Nothing to do with the BSPA...