British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

I was with Plusnet, they are a subsidery of BT, and was ok with them, but they couldnt and still cant offer me fast fibre - in fact no more then 1.5mbps, so no good for me. Am hoping by next March, when BT contract ends I can go over to Plusnet.

They do a very good deal with a sim only contract for mobiles. I pay £10pm (no contract, can finish with 1 month notice) and I get 1000 minutes, unlimited text and 5gb data for £10pm

Noodles, I been on Plusnet website recently and cant find details of their TV package. Whats it about?? and I wonder why its not on their website??

I was with Plusnet, they are a subsidery of BT, and was ok with them, but they couldnt and still cant offer me fast fibre - in fact no more then 1.5mbps, so no good for me. Am hoping by next March, when BT contract ends I can go over to Plusnet.

They do a very good deal with a sim only contract for mobiles. I pay £10pm (no contract, can finish with 1 month notice) and I get 1000 minutes, unlimited text and 5gb data for £10pm

Noodles, I been on Plusnet website recently and cant find details of their TV package. Whats it about?? and I wonder why its not on their website??

It is on their website, link below

https://www.plus.net/tv/

• Like 1

The youview+ box is the same one you get with BT by the looks of it

Sort of, it depends on what BT TV package you have. The Plusnet youview+ box is the same 500gb youview+ box you get on the BT TV middle package. If you have the BT TV top package you get the 1tb ultra version.

However Plusnet TV will work on any youview box. I have kept my BT TV ultra box as my main box downstairs & Plusnet TV is working just fine through it. I then put the Plusnet box they sent me upstairs in the bedroom.

Edited by Noodles

Having just recently read about the new schedule for live football matches, it appears from season 2019 live maches will be screened every Saturday night at 7.45pm .

No doubt, Speedway, along with everything else will need to have a rethink. No TV company will screen speedway instead of the football.... whether it be SGP or not...

Having just recently read about the new schedule for live football matches, it appears from season 2019 live maches will be screened every Saturday night at 7.45pm .

No doubt, Speedway, along with everything else will need to have a rethink. No TV company will screen speedway instead of the football.... whether it be SGP or not...

There's only 8 games that will be played at that time

There's only 8 games that will be played at that time

Is that all, I thought it was majority of weekends..

Is that all, I thought it was majority of weekends..

THE Chese is right ...very limited number of games and no idea yet whether they will be on Sky or BT. There is little evidence that soccer matches have any significant effect on viewing figures for speedway on at the same time.

BT Sport have four channels to fill at that time. Sky have more. Are you really saying that they will not show anything on the other channels whichever gets the contract for this handful of games? Of course they will show other sport and there's no reason why speedway would miss out. This year there were several occasions where a 6 pm SGP programme clashed with the second half of a 5.30 Premier League football match on BT.

BSPA should have a rethink not now but in the future once the sport is rebuilt and full of exciting young British talent with no doubling up and break the TV deals down like they do in football

Package A - Exclusive 16 Home fixtures Monday & Wednesdays including play offs

Package B - Premiership KO Cup Quarter, Semi Finals and Final

Package C - British Grand Prix Series

Package D - BSPA events, 4TT, Best Pairs and Riders Championship

Package E - Championship Play Offs

Package F - National League Play Offs

They should offer it to broadcasters and get what they can, if I was at BT I'd be interested in A,B and C

ITV sport may be interested in just C for example

Freesport could be interested in E and F etc and BSPA can stream in their channel anything that is not bid for and people just pay the entrance fee £10/12/15 to watch from home

• Haha 1

Think some are concerned on something thats not even happened yet we got 2018 first to get a tv deal sorted before we get too concerned with 2019 - in domestic speedway terms 2019 is a very long way off

• Like 1

I know there is still uncertainty whether BT are showing league speedway but Has it been confirmed that the GP's are on BT in 2018?

I know there is still uncertainty whether BT are showing league speedway but Has it been confirmed that the GP's are on BT in 2018?

YES

Cancelled my BT sports contract today, the person from BT said that no deal had been done yet to show League Sppedway, I will renew contract in May when the GP,s start again.