Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

I went to cancel it but they halved my bill so kept it...even if it is just for the GP's and a bit of football.

I was watching TV early the other morning and there was what I can only describe as a reality TV show about the crew on a luxury yacht and it got me thinking - how much would it cost to produce some kind of reality series for speedway.

There are two possible angles I can think of. The first would be to follow riders during the course of a season racing for their Britsh teams. You could gamify this by having some kind of fantasy speedway angle with senior/ex riders, managers, sponsors etc. picking their teams and meeting/advising the riders they have chosen.

An alternative approach could be to create a competition, such as a series for NL riders and each week profile a rider or two and follow their progress through the series.

I think this has the potential to expose speedway to a much wider audience than meetings on Sky/BT Sport ever could. 

• Like 2

Also, is there a good speedway computer game? Thousands of kids, 10 to 40 play them!

Spoke to Natalie at the Craig Cook evening last night and asked about BT's involvement in 2018 as regards the GP's and she confirmed that although  it is the last year of  the three year current contract, they are keen to continue into 2019, and the same is to be said for the league in 2018, she did say that BT is still talking to the people in charge about covering meetings in 2018, and hope to continue into 2019.

• Like 1

Just been announced that from 2019 you can have Sky Sports and BT under one subscription.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Just been announced that from 2019 you can have Sky Sports and BT under one subscription.

Must be the end of the Virgin contract with BT then, looks like I will be changing to Sky from 2019 then.

41 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Must be the end of the Virgin contract with BT then, looks like I will be changing to Sky from 2019 then.

This is more around channels like Sky Atlantic, which will now be available on BT.

9 hours ago, Woz01 said:

5 hours ago, hyderd said:

5 hours ago, MattK said:

This is more around channels like Sky Atlantic, which will now be available on BT.

The poster said Sky sports, surely that would mean Sky sports and BT sports

We are all still none the wiser about league coverage then, I did hear (although not sure how true it is) that BT were interested if they didn’t have to pay !!, hope that isn’t the case

• Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 1:05 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What happened to the speedway Gp games that were meant to be for xbox and ps4?

Speedway will never get a console game. It would cost far too much to make. It might be someones little dream but the reality is that it just won't happen.

Anyway, has anyone emailed Sky yet about TV coverage? :P

Edited by SCB

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SHOULD be some news this week...

good news we hope phil ?