British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

best thing that could happen is bt ditch it and it goes to eurosport

Yes, let's lose a quality production, expertly presented by an experienced presenter with a solid speedway pedigree and programmes shown consistently as advertised and matches covered reliably and complete.

Let's go for a service that can't be relied on to show matches reliably in a regular time slot and often delays coverage until late at night, often cutting out heats and whose basic presentation leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. It's also a station that rarely actually covers the meetings themselves, relying on taking the World Feed from BSI when they showed the Grand Prixs and simply took a feed from CMore when they showed Swedish speedway. The only speedway they've covered themselves has been the OneSport SEC and Pairs events. 

Yes, let's go from quality to third-rate and unreliable.....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

get it out to more people for free

that way you might just get a few through the turnstyles

when the gps were on eurosport you know that rubish coverage you mentioned i know a few that got hooked on speedway and still go

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

get it out to more people for free

that way you might just get a few through the turnstyles

when the gps were on eurosport you know that rubish coverage you mentioned i know a few that got hooked on speedway and still go

No thank you natalie quality presenter hopefully a deal can be done

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Yes, let's lose a quality production, expertly presented by an experienced presenter with a solid speedway pedigree and programmes shown consistently as advertised and matches covered reliably and complete.

Let's go for a service that can't be relied on to show matches reliably in a regular time slot and often delays coverage until late at night, often cutting out heats and whose basic presentation leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. It's also a station that rarely actually covers the meetings themselves, relying on taking the World Feed from BSI when they showed the Grand Prixs and simply took a feed from CMore when they showed Swedish speedway. The only speedway they've covered themselves has been the OneSport SEC and Pairs events. 

Yes, let's go from quality to third-rate and unreliable.....

When I read that I immediately thought of the Coventry Bees promotion over the last few years.:sad:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ray c said:

No thank you natalie quality prescenter hopefully a deal can be done

ive never said that the bt coverage this last year wasnt good and i agree the natalie is best presenter thyve had  for speedway

but if its free to view then its avaialable for all to see

3 hours ago, scaramanga said:

best thing that could happen is bt ditch it and it goes to eurosport

WHY? Who would do the production?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, scaramanga said:

ive never said that the bt coverage this last year wasnt good and i agree the natalie is best presenter thyve had  for speedway

Eurosport isn't free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The most important thing is that British Speedway remains on tv and the clubs really need this to keep their commercial partners happy.

As it turns out on this occasion there is no need to worry about production 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, scaramanga said:

As others have said Eurosport certainly isn't free, it's just included in the cheaper packages. Sacrificing quality but still having it on a pay TV channel and one that has shown scant regard for speedway even after it has agreed a deal to show it is not progress. 

In the UK BT's highest viewing figures reach above 1.5 million, for football of course and that is a high, not an average.

However Eurosport's best is around 1 million, and that is for the whole of Europe. It may be cheaper but despite its Olympic deals and significant financial backing (Discovery) after nearly 30 years it's still very much a minority service. 

I do wonder if those wanting speedway on Eurosport are those who already have it as part of their Sky package but won't pay extra for BT.....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good news on the way?

Why ?

Are you leaving us again? :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good news on the way?

What?

they have dropped the "shouty twins" now that would be good!! Lol

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jaykay2PT said:

What?

they have dropped the "shouty twins" now that would be good!! Lol

They do a good job if you dont like them dont watch !!!

• Like 1