British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BEEN with lawyers and should be ratified by BSPA General Council this week.

The “BSPA General Council”? My, doesn’t that sound grand for an amateurish, squabbling rabble.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BEEN with lawyers and should be ratified by BSPA General Council this week.

Be pleased to hear the official announcement.

we need the coverage to enhance the sport

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Quite agree tv coverage is essential to enhance our sport i hope it's more than a one year deal as well 

• Like 2

The value will be if the clubs can win (or retain) sponsorship on the back of the TV deal.

The other side of the coin is that some supporters will sit on their sofa, watch the racing on TV and not go to their local club.

I know for a fact that King's Lynn lost two supporters some years back...they were speedway fans; not necessarily Stars fanatics. They did the maths.

They calculated the cost in petrol, admission, programme, refreshments and set it against the cost of a Sky TV sub. The TV sub was by far the cheaper.

OK, they don't get the atmosphere of being at a track but then don't get cold, wet or travel a 100-mile round trip for a rain off.

Speedway needs to make TV work by gathering in more sponsors.

Why is there not national sponsor for the Premiership?

4 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

How's that worked out over the last 15 years??? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

How's that worked out over the last 15 years??? 

By preventing the collapse in supporters and the handful of sponsors from being far worse. 

You don't know that though...  I would imagine it's only made things worse..but again I don't know for sure.

No one knows how good or bad the state of speedway would be in now if it hadn't have been on TV for the last however long.

Edited by Baldyman

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

The “BSPA General Council”? My, doesn’t that sound grand for an amateurish, squabbling rabble.

Too right they are probably arguing on the size of the signature ,only one letter over 8mm . Who signs first etc.

23 minutes ago, naffer said:

Too right they are probably arguing on the size of the signature ,only one letter over 8mm . Who signs first etc.

Waiting for the Polish league to lift the cap on signatures over three characters long.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aces High said:

Waiting for the Polish league to lift the cap on signatures over three characters long.

So funny

On 1/22/2018 at 6:52 PM, Aces High said:

That did make me laugh to be fair!

On 22/01/2018 at 6:52 PM, Aces High said:

To be fair Buster wrote his “B” over Xmas and it’s due to be announced this month, with the other five letters of “Buster” signed over the next five months. It’s the amazing new way of doing things at Kings Lynn. :)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DC2 said:

To be fair Buster wrote his “B” over Xmas and it’s due to be announced this month, with the other five letters of “Buster” signed over the next five months. It’s the amazing new way of doing things at Kings Lynn. :)

THAT is what we have been waiting for! Just How Amazing can it be? Is it just like the Music Hall style "amazing" - where every other act was truly stupendous and unlike anything that had gone before them?

So just 8 Premier league fixtures on BT and evenly having 1 home fixture per team and 1 away but not starting until nearly in July.  Also the play-offs s/f and final.

From what I hear a certain amount for each home team they broadcast - a small percentage of what they had with Sky.

Lets hope teams get the support/sponsorship to bridge the lost revenue.