British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

One clear confirmation of the continued BT deal is clubs have the BT sport logo on race suits and team wear. For example when Poole posted picture of Sundstrum wearing a 2018 Pirates replica race shirt which is big BT Logo on it and having seen the Leicester ones again featuring BT sport.

its just a case of they go public with the deal I have a feeling it will be around start of February 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, flagrag said:

One clear confirmation of the continued BT deal is clubs have the BT sport logo on race suits and team wear. For example when Poole posted picture of Sundstrum wearing a 2018 Pirates replica race shirt which is big BT Logo on it and having seen the Leicester ones again featuring BT sport.

its just a case of they go public with the deal I have a feeling it will be around start of February 

So Thursday then?! :)

if you follow natalie on twitter that where one of the first announcements wiil be :rolleyes:

So ........... i read in the threads prior to this on the 22nd “an announcement will be made next week” - and ??, ...... is anyone any the wiser or heard anything yet about the domestic coverage ?? (I know BT are covering the GPs) - the comms are pants !

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DON'T understand the silence but all the signs are that BT will cover the PL in 2018 ....

for me - a highlights package would be best - 3 matches a week

and keep schtum about riders riding for 2 teams! Oh and riders appearing for their rivals.

• Like 2

I have heard the same as Phillip Rising that BT will be covering The Premiership Live in 2018. 

Last I heard was that tenders for OB work had been done so not sure what the hold up is

Lets hope the bt speedway season doesn’t start in july.

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lets hope the bt speedway season doesn’t start in july.

Started in June last year !!!

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Started in June last year !!!

It was due to Sky pulling out and a BT rescue, but they had already programme scheduling so had to work with what they had, hence why it was late

ALSO a limited production budget which determined the. number of meetings they covered. Probably the same number this year albeit with an earlier start

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ALSO a limited production budget which determined the. number of meetings they covered. Probably the same number this year albeit with an earlier start

Looking forward to the final announcement.

Interesting article in the Daily Mail today that BT is preparing to give up their right to show Premier League football due to losing over 5000 subscribers as a result of having to raise prices to the customer to pay for it. Though they will be bidding in this years auction  for future rights,  they said they wouldn't go beyond the price they thought it was worth to BT, and that BT would still succeed without showing the Premier League.    If this happens might it mean that more money could be available to spend on the other sports in their portfolio?

39 minutes ago, HertsRacer said:

Interesting article in the Daily Mail today that BT is preparing to give up their right to show Premier League football due to losing over 5000 subscribers as a result of having to raise prices to the customer to pay for it. Though they will be bidding in this years auction  for future rights,  they said they wouldn't go beyond the price they thought it was worth to BT, and that BT would still succeed without showing the Premier League.    If this happens might it mean that more money could be available to spend on the other sports in their portfolio?

There was also a comment made today on the sports news that sky had also had a lot of customers jack in there football channels as well.