British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Sky will be rubbing their hands as the subscription costs rise and rise on BT.

There will be a bust point for everyone and if BT are charging  £35+ then they'll be in trouble and lose more subscribers than gain each football season

That is crazy, i.m sure you can get BTsport for less than that through TalkTalk, I get all Sky Sports channels for 8.50!

20 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i get BT sports for free on my broadband contract

It would only be free if you got the broadband free.

50 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Sky will be rubbing their hands as the subscription costs rise and rise on BT.

There will be a bust point for everyone and if BT are charging  £35+ then they'll be in trouble and lose more subscribers than gain each football season

But sky subscription is pretty expensive as well.

45 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Of course there is a bust point but these companies aren't stupid enough to reach that point. What they do is squeeze just enough out of people so they pay the maximum amount they can afford and continue with their subscription.

It amazes me people pay these prices for so long. Shop around & you can get your speedway fix legitimately for very reasonable prices.

2 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

I have just been on to BT Sports to cancel my contract as it has jumped up this month from £27.99 to £35.25. That is the 3rd increase I have had in the last 9 months. Enough is Enough. I asked if there would be League Speedway on this season and after being gone for five minutes came back and said he did not know if it would be on this year. I had the choice of cancelling imiediately for £60 or paying £105 to the end of next month.

They are con merchants as they have now cancelled even though they have taken £35.25 out of my account this morning

I will now have no problem watching Mobdro or pirate screening in the future is any comes on

If you were within the 14 day cooling off period when BT's informed you of their BT Sport price increase then you are entitled to leave your contract without any penalty under Section 29 of the Consumer Contract Regulations (2013), as BT's price increase would  be considered as being an alteration of the agreed contract terms and conditions between the parties involved namely (BT and yourself), and if you had not agreed to their price increase then you would be deemed free to leave your contract with BT without incurring any liabilities (additional cost to you),

Because of this BT can can only charge you for leaving your contract after the 14 day cooling off period had expired. The start date of the cooling off period would start when you received notification from BT Sport about their price increase either via letter or email. The date stated on any letter is irrelevant of this would be considered as being delivered by non-instantaneously means. Because of this the date your 14 day cooling off period starts when you received the letter from BT.

If you received an email from BT then your 14 day cooling off period would start upon receipt of their email, as the delivery method would be considered as being delivered via instantaneously means.

So if BT charged you extra money for leaving your contract within 14 days re-contact then and ask for a refund or open an formal complaint as they have breached the Section 29 Consumer Contract Regulations (2013), if they had charged you extra for leaving your contract within the 14 day cooling off notice period which they inform you about by law.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

i get BT sports for free on my broadband contract

I just changed from BT Broadband, and still had to pay for BT Sport with them (albeit cheap), but even as a new subscriber via Sky is only £27.99 & not £35+. The inconsistency (let alone cost) does piss me off, but we have limited options !

I am a bit broadband customer and I’m sure I have to pay for by sports

Edited by topaz325

Just now, topaz325 said:

I am a bit broadband customer and I’m sure I have to pay for by sports

Reduced price for BT Broadband customers n

Don't know if it would work...but the whole country needs to get together and go with one company one year another one the next and another one the year after....they would all soon drop their prices..or go bust or stop paying so much for football.  

Why are people paying 30 odd quid for bt? I'm only paying £23

Plusnet TV - all BT sports channels for just £5 a month on 30 day rolling contract.

You get BT Sport 1,  Freesports and Eurosport 1 & 2 as standard.

If you want HD it's £3 extra a month. 

45 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I got freeview....guess what...its free:D

i doubt it :D :lol: