British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

30 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

So it would seem that there will be no British League speedway on BT this season or there will be a very  limited season which they will not start until around June and just show a handful of matches. BT are absolute useless.

I took out a subscription with BT last year mainly to watch Speedway

My subscriptions were 1st,2nd 3rd months £0.00

4th,5th and 6 month  £25.00 a month

Then 7th,8th and 9th month £27.50 

10th month (now for February) £34.00

so 4 different prices in 10 months so I cancelled on Monday

They could not tell me if there would be any League speedway and although I paid 34.00 on Monday it was cut off later on in the evening .I had the choice of seeing out my contract which would cost another £96.00 or cancelling now and costing me £60.00 so I took the latter.  It is terrible that they and other internet companies can just raise the prices without any notification 

BT sport coverage is very good , but in my opinion as a company  they are a bunch of shysters.

• Like 1

BT sport do at least show other motor bike racing as well as speedway which is a damn sight more than BBC does apart from F1. Sky Sports are only mainly interested on games played with a ball. I cannot ever see Sky Sports taking speedway back. Speedway does need to get its act together and make speedway attractive to TV at the present time they do very little, year in year out, to make it in any way attractive to anyone whether it be the TV viewer of the spectator who attends the meetings

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT'S happening but lack of official confirmation is baffling

Its not like the people "in the know" (or "promoters" as they could be know as) to withhold information to their customers..... 

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

So it would seem that there will be no British League speedway on BT this season or there will be a very  limited season which they will not start until around June and just show a handful of matches. BT are absolute useless.

I took out a subscription with BT last year mainly to watch Speedway

My subscriptions were 1st,2nd 3rd months £0.00

4th,5th and 6 month  £25.00 a month

Then 7th,8th and 9th month £27.50 

10th month (now for February) £34.00

so 4 different prices in 10 months so I cancelled on Monday

They could not tell me if there would be any League speedway and although I paid 34.00 on Monday it was cut off later on in the evening .I had the choice of seeing out my contract which would cost another £96.00 or cancelling now and costing me £60.00 so I took the latter.  It is terrible that they and other internet companies can just raise the prices without any notification 

THERE will be British speedway, starting earlier than last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Its not like the people "in the know" (or "promoters" as they could be know as) to withhold information to their customers..... 

Its not as if thousands of people are suddenly going to purchase bt sport because they are showing speedway.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

So a drain on honest folk in more ways than one.

Depends what you call honest....like I've said...thousands and thousands of people commit varying offences on a daily basis...some get caught some don't.... I bet even you commit an offence pretty regularly....as soon as I get in my car very day I commit more than one offence...but I am a little rascal and enjoy getting away with as much as I can.

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Depends what you call honest....like I've said...thousands and thousands of people commit varying offences on a daily basis...some get caught some don't.... I bet even you commit an offence pretty regularly....as soon as I get in my car very day I commit more than one offence...but I am a little rascal and enjoy getting away with as much as I can.

‘Thousands and thousands’ don’t end up in prison on a daily basis, that’s usually a result of serious or repeated criminals. You portray a freeloader much more than a little rascal. 

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT'S happening but lack of official confirmation is baffling

I believe that the television rights for football over the next few years are being announced next week?

I'm sure BT have given priority to this and the speedway deal will be revealed in good time (sometime after).

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

‘Thousands and thousands’ don’t end up in prison on a daily basis, that’s usually a result of serious or repeated criminals. You portray a freeloader much more than a little rascal. 

Are you reading what you want??? I didn't say thousands ended up in prison everyday...I said committed an offence.

A free loader?? I go to work everyday and pay my way...don't see how that's a freeloader....Looks like you are making up stories in your head from what I have written.   

If that makes you feel better then carry on..but do me a favour..if you are going to judge me..judge me correctly.

According to what I have read BT are not happy at the moment with subscribers leaving, and the company on dodgy ground as they paid too much for Football rights, causing them to struggling a bit financially, so cant honestly see them doing anything about Speedway coverage until the decision is made about the Footy, but equally  I could be totally wrong...hope so.

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Are you reading what you want??? I didn't say thousands ended up in prison everyday...I said committed an offence.

A free loader?? I go to work everyday and pay my way...don't see how that's a freeloader....Looks like you are making up stories in your head from what I have written.   

If that makes you feel better then carry on..but do me a favour..if you are going to judge me..judge me correctly.

I can only judge you in accordance with the comments and opinions you post. Enjoying breaking the law and not paying your way.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if even someone as judgmental as yourself committed at least one offence today..if not today then very very recently..and I bet you didn't even think twice about doing it...and will do it again very very soon.

Edited by Baldyman

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if even someone as judgmental as yourself committed at least one offence today..if not today then very very recently.

Seriously, what is your point?

You openly stated you don’t pay your way and enjoy breaking as many laws as possible. Nothing to do with being judgmental. You clearly  explained your standards. 

I openly admit I commit offences nearly every day of the week...but like I said..I dare say you do as well...you ain't no better than me, although you obviously think you are.  

Anyway..I shall leave it there...Nice playing with you