British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

No need to worry the league racing is happening in 2018 had this confirmed again today by a former colleague now at BT. 

He understands the delay in announcement is due to the forthcoming confirmation of whom has won the PL Football rights 2019 onwards. If BT are unsuccessful in getting what they want they will likely run an ad campaign about what other sport they still have on the channels  inc Speedway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike1944 said:

Please give it a rest Baldyman this thread is supposed to be about BT tv sport

He has too now - he is in BSF 'jail' for 24 hours

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ive heard that a one year deal is about to be signed.

• Like 2

amazing that is not one mention of whether League Speedway or GP's will be on BT in this weeks Speedway Star.

All this waiting must be losing BT many viewers

24 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

amazing that is not one mention of whether League Speedway or GP's will be on BT in this weeks Speedway Star.

GPS will be televised it’s just about league racing.

its only really worth having bt for both. there is normally some form of link to the gps within 48 hours on youtube. 2016 i got my gf to find it for me so i didn't get any spoilers. I'm more of a league racing fan and not really into any other sports. if no league racing then there will be no subscription from me! i want meetings on tv 7 days a week!!! cl/nl too !if it loses its pl football then why not! the more on tv the more chance of a random tv channel hopper finding out about the sport! the more hype and meaning it will all have too! even the more sellable it would be to league naming sponsors! imagine some big company seeing speedway is on 3 nights a week! British league speedway brought to you by a 7 figure sponsor. more exposure the more possible that could become. . . . before that comment gets urinated on too much. Somebody sponsors netball nowhere near mainstream. rally too. ski sports. just needs some energy put into it all

6 hours ago, geoff58 said:

slip of the tongue from tatum/pearson at the NSS last night regarding league coverage they had to back track and say MAYBE working together on LEAGUE speedway after saying looking forward to working together on LEAGUE speedway this season lol :lol: :rolleyes:

So that sounds promising !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flagrag said:

No need to worry the league racing is happening in 2018 had this confirmed again today by a former colleague now at BT. 

He understands the delay in announcement is due to the forthcoming confirmation of whom has won the PL Football rights 2019 onwards. If BT are unsuccessful in getting what they want they will likely run an ad campaign about what other sport they still have on the channels  inc Speedway. 

I really don’t understand what, whether they get football or not, has got to do with promoting speedway !!

2 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

Defo GP’s on BT, it’s be publicised

16 hours ago, topaz325 said:

GPS will be televised it’s just about league racing.

Oh brill, if it’s GPS, at least we’ll know where we are. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Oh brill, if it’s GPS, at least we’ll know where we are. :)

BT has a 3 year contract for the GP's so 2018 was a surety for GP's. Not sure but I think 2018 is the last of the 3 years, someone will confirm this or otherwise I am sure.

15 hours ago, Smithchops said:

Defo GP’s on BT, it’s be publicised

That was confirmed last year when BT took the rights on for 3 years.

League deal is just waiting to be announced. 

I wonder if the new pairs competition will be screen by bt which is in june which is in place of the world cup ?

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

I wonder if the new pairs competition will be screen by bt which is in june which is in place of the world cup ?

YES it will

• Like 3