British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, mickthemuppet said:

So it would seem that there will be no British League speedway on BT this season or there will be a very  limited season which they will not start until around June and just show a handful of matches. BT are absolute useless.

I took out a subscription with BT last year mainly to watch Speedway

My subscriptions were 1st,2nd 3rd months £0.00

4th,5th and 6 month  £25.00 a month

Then 7th,8th and 9th month £27.50 

10th month (now for February) £34.00

so 4 different prices in 10 months so I cancelled on Monday

They could not tell me if there would be any League speedway and although I paid 34.00 on Monday it was cut off later on in the evening .I had the choice of seeing out my contract which would cost another £96.00 or cancelling now and costing me £60.00 so I took the latter.  It is terrible that they and other internet companies can just raise the prices without any notification 

BT gave me no notice that they would increase my subscription from £27.50 to £34.00 compared to Sky who sent me the following E Mail

As your 12 contract in now up we have great pleasure to say this will be renewed for a further 12 months for the same cost of £34.00. This includes everything like films and sports channels all in HD. Slightly better value than BT

I think if you have a contract like with BT is it legal to just raise the price when they feel like it .I  thought I had a contract for 3 months no charge and 9 months @ £25.00. Then  they never put anything in writing

56 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

BT gave me no notice that they would increase my subscription from £27.50 to £34.00 compared to Sky who sent me the following E Mail

As your 12 contract in now up we have great pleasure to say this will be renewed for a further 12 months for the same cost of £34.00. This includes everything like films and sports channels all in HD. Slightly better value than BT

I think if you have a contract like with BT is it legal to just raise the price when they feel like it .I  thought I had a contract for 3 months no charge and 9 months @ £25.00. Then  they never put anything in writing

BT contacted me via snail mail. Cancelled without penalty due to the price increase. I was on the freebie & £25 also. I'd clocked the increase anyway on an e-mail from moneysavingexpert.

As you can cancel without penalty if you don't like the price increase I guess they can do what they like.

Glasgow team  tigers manager said last night there should be an anouncement soon regards tv deal  and hoping IF it’s a go ahead there hopfully might be a few championship meetings  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Glasgow team  tigers manager said last night there should be an anouncement soon regards tv deal  and hoping IF it’s a go ahead there hopfully might be a few championship meetings  

Hope there are some as in the past often those metings have been better than many of the Premier meetings.

• Like 1

I've just agreed to continue my BT Broadband for another 12 months, and as part of the deal I can continue my BT Sports package (on the SKY box platform) for another 12 months, with the first 6 months free, then the second 6 months at £10 per month. That averages out at £5 per month over the year. I thought it was a good deal, as I do watch some other sports apart from Speedway. I should now get all the GP's, hopefully Premiership speedway (if a deal is signed) and Swedish and Polish speedway on Freesports which should go HD in May.

Just need to get that deal signed for the Premiership, and I'll be sorted for the year.

On 5 February 2018 at 7:10 PM, Smithchops said:

I just changed from BT Broadband, and still had to pay for BT Sport with them (albeit cheap), but even as a new subscriber via Sky is only £27.99 & not £35+. The inconsistency (let alone cost) does piss me off, but we have limited options !

I'm just out of contract with sky so need to phone them soon,I got a good deal last time but talking to my eldest the weekend I found out he pays a tenner a month less than me. I've got sport as extra only on one tv and the old box. My sons got sport,movies ,box sets , hd and a few other things including multi room and the q box. Will see what deal I can get and if I can get bt sports included which I pay for at the minute with bt broadband which I'm under contract with till mid April. Barmy you have to phone up for deals but that's the way it is I suppose. Virgin cables have just been laid down our road so another option I suppose

21 hours ago, bruno said:

I'm just out of contract with sky so need to phone them soon,I got a good deal last time but talking to my eldest the weekend I found out he pays a tenner a month less than me. I've got sport as extra only on one tv and the old box. My sons got sport,movies ,box sets , hd and a few other things including multi room and the q box. Will see what deal I can get and if I can get bt sports included which I pay for at the minute with bt broadband which I'm under contract with till mid April. Barmy you have to phone up for deals but that's the way it is I suppose. Virgin cables have just been laid down our road so another option I suppose

I tried to get BT sport from sky and couldn't last year.  It's stupid that I have BT sport through my sky box but I had to go to BT to get it.

• Like 1

All that is changing is that you will pay for BT Sport as part of your deal with Sky, rather than have to pay BT separately. BT was available via the Sky box and still will be. It's just the way you pay that changes. 

My experience has been that BT are worse money grabbing shysters than Sky

50 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

All that is changing is that you will pay for BT Sport as part of your deal with Sky, rather than have to pay BT separately. BT was available via the Sky box and still will be. It's just the way you pay that changes. 

I know that only one account though not two !!!

I personally think both SKy and BT are as bad as each other.

On 20/02/2018 at 2:26 PM, bruno said:

I moved to Virgin last year got a good deal with BT sport included

Edited by Booey boy

I've just had a look at Virgin and it looks a lot cheaper, may move to them when my broadband deal finishes with BT

8 minutes ago, bruno said:

I've just had a look at Virgin and it looks a lot cheaper, may move to them when my broadband deal finishes with BT

I got a fixed deal for 2 years tv/braodband/home phone £5 a month for free land line 3 boxes £80 month