British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

12 minutes ago, bruno said:

I've just had a look at Virgin and it looks a lot cheaper, may move to them when my broadband deal finishes with BT

I'm just about to leave Virgin - started cheap but has got rather expensive recently, and my internet connection is somewhat erratic at times

Service is so-so so maybe move but move on as soon as the cheap introduction deal runs out

• Like 1

Il have a look when I'm out of contract but I'm paying a lot more than that for just one room, old sky box and no extras except sky and BT sport. No movies , box sets , hd etc. Thought I had a good deal at the time

Thanks for advice il bear it in mind, been with sky years so il phone in a few months and have a rant

3 minutes ago, bruno said:

Thanks for advice il bear it in mind, been with sky years so il phone in a few months and have a rant

I was with sky for 15 years when I left they were offering me a lot of things but I was paying over a £110 a month  the other thing with virgin  is repairs are free 

Have sky Q for TV  and BT Broadband I pay extra to BT for Sport. Initially  BT Sport was free for Bt Broadband customers but no more. Sky Q only requires one viewing card although I have two boxes yet BT charge extra even though they have to actually have to do something to prevent me getting sport on both boxes. They initially give you a special deal but through stealth increases this is soon eroded. In fact since my so called deal only a few months back my bill has risen by 50% They threaten dire penalties if I cancel before May 2019.

8 minutes ago, bruno said:

Il have a look when I'm out of contract but I'm paying a lot more than that for just one room, old sky box and no extras except sky and BT sport. No movies , box sets , hd etc. Thought I had a good deal at the time

1 minute ago, Booey boy said:

I was with sky for 15 years when I left they were offering me a lot of things but I was paying over a £110 a month  the other thing with virgin  is repairs are free 

All my discounts with both BT & Sky have expired. I wouldn’t want to be without Sky - but full price is not VFM. Time for the “I would like to leave calls”. 

From my experience, Sky also repair free - after using the same line. 

10 hours ago, Andy Downes said:

I'm just about to leave Virgin - started cheap but has got rather expensive recently, and my internet connection is somewhat erratic at times

Service is so-so so maybe move but move on as soon as the cheap introduction deal runs out

Have a moan at them,  they did the same with me, rang them up and had a moan and it's now back down to where it was before.  

My internet isn't erratic but it's way slower than it should be.

My experience is that Virgin are better/cheaper than Sky.  I've never had BT as my supplier so can't compare to them.

Edited by Stoke Potter

14 hours ago, Hodgy said:

All my discounts with both BT & Sky have expired. I wouldn’t want to be without Sky - but full price is not VFM. Time for the “I would like to leave calls”. 

I think the Q boxes remain owned by Sky, similar to the Virgin deal - maybe it depends on if replacing your older box or starting new with them.  I have had a few friends whose Virgin boxes have developed faults though which is really annoying when all your recordings are irrecoverable so free or not, that would be the biggest concern for me.

Has anyone used the BT sport app?  I've been offered this for £2.50 a month and it can be cast to the TV - seems a good deal to me.

Edited by SPEEDY69

14 hours ago, Hodgy said:

I have pretty much every channel on my Sky Q subscription. I've just done a deal for my second year after the price rose from £40 in my first year to nearly £100! I rang them up and said "I want to leave" and I now pay £56 a month. That also includes multi room, movies, sports, HD etc. The only thing I don't have is BT sports.

2 hours ago, james1234 said:

I pay £18 month for BT Tv. That includes all BT sport channels in HD and both Eurosport channels in HD

How much are you paying for broadband as I was on the same and think overall it was £54 a month for the same sport package.

My latest BT bill dated 5th Feb was £49, that includes a 2nd TV box, and broadband at 52mbs.  I think there was a price rise for part of that so next month may be a little more.

5 hours ago, james1234 said:

I pay £18 month for BT Tv. That includes all BT sport channels in HD and both Eurosport channels in HD

i,m a b.t customer and pay £3.50 a month for all of the b.t sports channels

I don't buy steak so that's pretty cheap.

But I don't have steak....

It's your choice but you're missing out on a lot of speedway to add to what you watch live. Each to their own. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 2