British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

7 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

It's gonna die with or without tv in the not too distant future, might as well let it happen, then people can get on doing other things with their lives.

oh right !! good job i don't listen to crap :unsure:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

oh right !! good job i don't listen to crap :unsure:

I'm sure people have been saying the same thing for 20 years or more.  Makes you laugh tho.

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I'm sure people have been saying the same thing for 20 years or more.  Makes you laugh tho.

They were saying it in the late 50's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

From the time Speedway was televised live attendances has never stopped falling at the tracks.  TV is the worst enemy that Speedway can have.Attendances at the tracks will never go up until they stop showing it live. It does no favours for any sport

Why? The perfect opportunity to sell / market and promote the sport totally wasted. TV coverage could and should have been a real positive selling feature. It’s the product offering that has failed. 

• Like 2

TV is great for the sport as it advertises the product.   One live meeting each week won't ruin attanedances bar, maybe, at the match that is on TV.    To say otherwise is codswallop.     If you see a great meeting on TV then you would be enthused to go racing live.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Depends how old you are.  

It doesn't. If I was 50 or 15 it would still be going. 

Speedway used to be after football as most supported sport in this country - it was certainly in the top 3!  Where is it now? What steps are being taken to stop its decline and dropping crowds?

Speedway is dying a slow, painful death in this country and without positive steps being implemented, it's decline will continue with only the few diehards left to support it.

Unfortunately, the BSPAs solutions have been less than positive : annual dilution of the product, increase in prices, poor schedule planning leaving big gaps between meetings and then many meetings in the same week, too many "guest" riders, long drawn out meetings, too many race restarts and less value for money.

The product is great but not enough "bigger picture" long term solutions and too much short term "fixes" as a result of self interest within the BSPA.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Midland Red said:

I take it from your previous comments that you actually know each of them and everything about their nature

Will you accept that the increased amount of televised speedway in recent years has actually caused attendances at league meetings in the UK to fall?

I'm not saying it's the only cause

Speedway's problem isn't being on TV. Speedway's problem is that most people in the country have no idea what it is or that it exist. Being on tv does not contribute towards that.

• Like 2

Have I missed it ? Has the new tv deal been announced? If so how many meetings are BT covering ? 

• Like 1