British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

surely 6 of those meetings will be the playoffs, so just 12 league meetings from prem and championship ?

To be fair to the BSPA they've done well to get a deal to 2020. Now they need to get product spot on, big opportunity. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dabbsjoe said:

surely 6 of those meetings will be the playoffs, so just 12 league meetings from prem and championship ?

Not if they do the 2 semis in one show again

16 hours ago, stevehone said:

SWC/SoN break

Have the AGM Cardiff GP week it ain’t rocket science I’d imagine all promoters from all leagues would be at the GP but knowing the BSPA that would be to easy 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2018 at 10:49 PM, mikebv said:

I wouldn't worry about them shooting themselves in the foot...

With British Speedway they would bring Stevie Wonder in as the hit man...:D

To be fair, he has had a few hits :)

• Like 3

Great news, well pleased. I'm more than happy with the whole set up, nice to see Suzi Perry involved again. BT did have us sweating for a while there, but top marks to all involved for a two year deal, at least we know we are guaranteed viewing for that period.

Its now up to British Speedway to show BT they have made the right decision by giving them and us fans an excellent product with slick presentation and good racing.

Bring it on!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agrotron said:

Fantastic news I am pleased, all apart from the Quirk and Nichols collaboration to much sucky sucky going on they always agree with each other its boring they need someone impartial in there with a bit more of a controversial view to mix it up a bit, also more pit action and riders interviews not just a couple of riders but even the ones that are not having such a good evening need more from that side of it, hey even interact with the fans.

better to have them two rather than the "shouty twins", when we they learn you cannot "big up" something that is mediocre?

Quirke and Tatum works fine for me, just leave out Woffy's PR man

Edited by jaykay2PT

Ignore the starting in June post. The bt link went to the 2017 press release!

So i'm taking it's:

3 Speedway of Nations matches,

11 Grand Prix meetings

5 Play- off meets (2nd leg same night)

8 premiership home meetings

6 extra meetings

4 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

So i'm taking it's:

3 Speedway of Nations matches,

11 Grand Prix meetings

5 Play- off meets (2nd leg same night)

8 premiership home meetings

6 extra meetings

4 nations meeting final 2 nights

I might be able to get a better deal in May for 18 months instead of 12 to cover the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Then again they put the price up even if your in a contract. Had a letter today saying when I'm out of contract there's a £6.75 a month charge ontop of the usual cost

1 British Final maybe

Perhaps Jeremy Kyle could host the annual BSPA meeting? A bit down market I know compared to his usual show. :)

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Doesn't start until June. 

But at least we get speedway on TV mate surely, got to be better than a slap round the face with a wet kipper.

• Like 2