British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

8 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BT are very happy with viewing figures for both the SGP and PL so far this year. Even up against. the Champions League Final the Prague SGP did well.

Especially as it's not costing them anything maybe

7 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Especially as it's not costing them anything maybe

WOULDN'T say nothing ... fees to BSI for SGP, production costs for PL.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BT are very happy with viewing figures for both the SGP and PL so far this year. Even up against. the Champions League Final the Prague SGP did well.

Do these figures take into account people like me who recorded the GP whilst watching the football?

12 minutes ago, ABS said:

Do these figures take into account people like me who recorded the GP whilst watching the football?

GOOD question, will get an answer

I think the powers that be should approach the BBC as they seem to have some sort of connection

to BT (shared presenters etc) as the BBC have lost a lot of main stream sports as SKY have thrown

a ton of money at the football darts etc and the BBC cannot compete with the billions thrown at it

that's the reason BT are not paying much if anything for the speedway as the football they have got cost 2.4 billion

The BBC sport website is showing lots of low key sports and I feel they would jump at the chance if the price was right

and the coverage would be accessible to a much wider audience.

Anyone else in the East Anglia region remember the once a week 'Speedway match of the week' which showed local derbies??

Happy days!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

Anyone else in the East Anglia region remember the once a week 'Speedway match of the week' which showed local derbies??

Happy days!!

Wasn't it an Anglia TV production showing local motor sport with Steve Rider? I know he did "Midweek Sport Special" maybe it was that programme.

• Like 1

There was also the 'Wheels' programme on Anglia

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WOULDN'T say nothing ... fees to BSI for SGP, production costs for PL.

Not forgetting the fee to BSPA....reduced from previous I'm sure, but certainly not 'nothing' by all accounts

Edited by Reliant Robin

2 hours ago, HAMMER180 said:

I think the powers that be should approach the BBC as they seem to have some sort of connection

to BT (shared presenters etc) as the BBC have lost a lot of main stream sports as SKY have thrown

a ton of money at the football darts etc and the BBC cannot compete with the billions thrown at it

that's the reason BT are not paying much if anything for the speedway as the football they have got cost 2.4 billion

The BBC sport website is showing lots of low key sports and I feel they would jump at the chance if the price was right

and the coverage would be accessible to a much wider audience.

BBC won't touch it as no women in the sport

55 minutes ago, KrisB said:

BBC won't touch it as no women in the sport

I can think of a few!!!:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunce said:

Wasn't it an Anglia TV production showing local motor sport with Steve Rider? I know he did "Midweek Sport Special" maybe it was that programme.

It was in the 70's and I remember a Panthers v Mildenhall meeting with the Hines brothers riding!!

I know I had them all recorded on VHS tapes. 

I think there were around 7 or 8 tracks operating in the region inc Bosotn and Milton Keynes.  

The Speedway programme was shown on Thursday night on Anglia including a rider of the series It included Milton Keynes and Rye House although at he time could not be picked up on those two tracks 

as the signal was not strong enough. I remember giving Mick Hines some tracks which had him and his brother on them as he had no videos of them racing

The next programme Anglia tv did was called Wheels   which comprised Speedway , Truck Racing, Stock Car, Drag Racing

Don't know what happened tonight but it seems anyone who set it to record on Sky it didn't record, BT must have changed the programme information at last minute.

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Don't know what happened tonight but it seems anyone who set it to record on Sky it didn't record, BT must have changed the programme information at last minute.

Looking at the British Final thread it seems it recorded with a SkyQ box but it didn't on my HD box.