British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

If a 9pt average for gp rider's as been agreed I presume it includes rider already riding in this country . Also if the bspa walk's away from a TV deal that would make a TV deal in the future look very bleak indeed imo

It seems it's just for GP riders who didn't ride here last season.

It seems it's just for GP riders who didn't ride here last season.

Is that not discrimination.

And there lies the heart of the problem. Buster is either too busy, or set on everything always being done his way ( very arrogant if actually so ) and although he often asks for 'feedback'. it's paying lip service to the idea and anything that comes in is ignored.

With no mega bucks TV deal likely the PPV could add significantly to the budget of many tracks AND let speedway UK genuinely enter the 21st Century. JC says he looked at it five years ago as a back up plan - but it has seemingly been left at the back of the shed to go rusty.

I have a company who are set up ready to do PPV also

Even if they did PPV for the BSPA event meetings it would bring in revenue not everyone can make a British final or riders championship event

I know this goes against everything then BSPA stand for - but why don't they put PPV out to tender and see what responses they get?

On a side note, when was the last time BSPA/GoSpeed publiclly advertised any commercial opportunities?

Either the BSPA have brass faced cheek and want to pump up the value of Speedway GB to a broadcaster or in their dreams they see it has having fabulous commercial value. Either way it's not treating the broadcaster as being very intelligent. I should think there are deal makers at BT who could eat the BSPA for breakfast ( and that is just an intern ).

Well done to whoever No TV deal this year. Pay / Points capped for riders. New this year, any "GP star" who wants to ride in GB this coming season will have to pay a Minimum £100.00 for each meeting to help the promoters make ends meet !!!!

Kelvin has confirmed that he's doing the GPs, so that's one bit of racing you'll get to see.

I do hope so.Saturday nights without SGP wouldn't be the same.

• Like 1

monday night as well without speedway wont be the same either even though i still go on a weds at poole live

monday night as well without speedway wont be the same either even though i still go on a weds at poole live

Many a monday night meeting has been poor viewing, especially to people who don't follow our sport. All tracks can produce decent racing when prepared good. The AGM 's never seem to come up with ruling's that all tracks should be prepared to a minimum standard,those falling short should face a fine.

Many a monday night meeting has been poor viewing, especially to people who don't follow our sport. All tracks can produce decent racing when prepared good. The AGM 's never seem to come up with ruling's that all tracks should be prepared to a minimum standard,those falling short should face a fine.

must agree last season was very patchy
  • Like 1

Saturday nights without Belle Vue, Coventry, Swindon, Kings Lynn etc have never been the same

That should be THE night for track attending

Friday nights too, Wolverhampton, Hackney etc

Ah them good old days!

• Like 3