British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

ARE you seriously suggesting they don't describe what is happening?

Are you seriously suggesting when Pearson screams 'Wooooooooooooooo' that is describing the action? We can assume something close or interesting happened, but we don't know what until he stops screaming.

• Like 1

BUT who is going to pay or the production costs?

ARE you seriously suggesting they don't describe what is happening?

The fans will pay either per match or buy a season pass - 1 match a week -would bring in a few quid.

Quite a few Polish matches(not on TV) are streamed for free and the quality is excellent- so it could be done at a profit.

The English football league have this season set up a ifollow where punters can view all the clubs matches for £110 for this season-only problem it`s not available in UK and Ireland- however i`m sure many fans have bought using VPN`s

Edited by racers and royals

BUT who is going to pay or the production costs?

Subscription to the online service. Let's say production costs for a single meeting to BT Sport standard is £20k. With a subscription fee of £12.99 a month you'd need just over 6,600 subscribers to pay for one meeting a week. This could be supplemented by cheaper meetings such as the single camera variety and Swedish/Polish action.

I don't think those numbers are unrealistic. What is the weekly circulation figures for Speedway Star for comparison?

The fans will pay either per match or buy a season pass - 1 match a week -would bring in a few quid.

Quite a few Polish matches(not on TV) are streamed for free and the quality is excellent- so it could be done at a profit.

The English football league have this season set up a ifollow where punters can view all the clubs matches for £110 for this season-only problem it`s not available in UK and Ireland- however i`m sure many fans have bought using VPN`s

Not so easy to do that, your address/card has to be a foreign one too, so not just a case of using a VPN.

I enjoy my Speedway as much as the next person, but no way I'd pay that much for it.

Just got Sky deal down to £49-99 for a five year deal, but can't afford BT or Premier sports, I use sister's password for BT and the rest I wait until Racers and Royals puts up his excellent links, what would we do without him, top bloke!!

Well football isn't boring when the commentator actually describes the action rather than making random monkey noises.

Perhaps if Pearson and sidekick actually described what's happening instead of making random noises, Speedway might seem more exciting?

Football is a 90 minute continuous (for the most part) event, not a 60 second, high adrenaline, on the edge sport.

And when there is an amazing goal, or a long range shot that goes close the commentators DO raise their voices and get excited.

Pearson and Tatum don't need to make it 'seem' more exciting, because very often they ARE excited. You should try it sometime.

Subscription to the online service. Let's say production costs for a single meeting to BT Sport standard is £20k. With a subscription fee of £12.99 a month you'd need just over 6,600 subscribers to pay for one meeting a week. This could be supplemented by cheaper meetings such as the single camera variety and Swedish/Polish action.

I don't think those numbers are unrealistic. What is the weekly circulation figures for Speedway Star for comparison?

It wouldn't even need to be anywhere near the BT Level.

The service launched for the Championship in football is a very basic operation. No commentary, 2 or 3 cameras tops, very few replays (just the goals).

Even a one camera setup with some onscreen graphics would be perfectly fine.

Promoters don't do it as they see it as a threat, rather than another income source.

Edited by BWitcher

Football is a 90 minute continuous (for the most part) event, not a 60 second, high adrenaline, on the edge sport.

And when there is an amazing goal, or a long range shot that goes close the commentators DO raise their voices and get excited.

Yes, they usually scream 'Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll' which is sort of describing what is actually happening. Pearson screaming ''wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooo' could mean absolutely anything.

• Like 1

JUST the one meeting, Wolves v Swindon

Are you sure? As I say according to my BT tv guide on my bt box it says "the Wolverhampton wolves take on the Swindon robins and the kings Lynn stars in a double header at the Ladbroke stadium" programme is scheduled from 7.15 to 11.00

• Like 2

Are you sure? As I say according to my BT tv guide on my bt box it says "the Wolverhampton wolves take on the Swindon robins and the kings Lynn stars in a double header at the Ladbroke stadium" programme is scheduled from 7.15 to 11.00

Yes, same for me too.

• Like 1

When NQ mentioned that there would be a tv meeting next Monday I looked at the fixtures and feared the worst.

30 heats of wobbling crap. It was bad enough having 15 heats a few weeks ago with only one proper race all meeting, this will be a nightmare.

I hope the riders have been briefed not to mention that they are just testing set ups for the cup bit.

I suggest you don't bother watching then

• Like 1