Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

In years to come. Not there yet.

You hope

52 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Welcome back chap. Football attendances have actually fallen in recent years ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21142999

Thank you Bluepanther. Yeh the weather wil depict  who goes and who doesnt, but in the main, especially in the premier league grounds are pretty much a sell out. I mean, i would love to go and see Bournemouth at some point, but you will never get a ticket for love nor money, unless you know somebody who knows somebody..

A debate on TV coverage descends into moronic ageism.

Speedway gets what it deserves, to be honest. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t know. the British Speedway Premiership, sponsored by The Co-op Funeral service has a nice ring to it with all the old fogies who attend the sport up and down the country.

I said exactly the same thing not so long ago and got slated...your face obviously fits better than mine.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I said exactly the same thing not so long ago and got slated...your face obviously fits better than mine.

Your face fits perfectly in the right setting Baldy....

Crimewatch :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Are you crazy? A brilliant speedway race is thrilling. Compare that to the borefest that is formula one and the millions that gets!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Thank you Bluepanther. Yeh the weather wil depict  who goes and who doesnt, but in the main, especially in the premier league grounds are pretty much a sell out. I mean, i would love to go and see Bournemouth at some point, but you will never get a ticket for love nor money, unless you know somebody who knows somebody..

Man City, the best team in the land can't fill their stadium.

42 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Man City are the exception. They offer ten pound tickets through the studios union even to cl league ko games and still cant. I think they have a lot of armchair fans. Handy for when leicester come to town though!

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Are you crazy? A brilliant speedway race is thrilling. Compare that to the borefest that is formula one and the millions that gets!

It never fails to amaze me why so many state “Speedway is boring, first out the gate wins”. Then drool over the F1 absolute borefest. 

Edited to add ‘Why’? F1 is so boring to me. A Speedway GP is so much more adrenaline fuelled, exciting and watchable - I would even include predictable Prague v F1.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Yeh they can mate, but as i said, the weather plays a big part just as working commitments do. We know it rains a lot in Manchester but this is the  same country wide. All clubs im sure you will see have empty seats at some point, but im sure those seats were paid for just the occupiers dont turn up for what ever reason. Which doesn't help the casual fan who would like to go.

Edited by Starman2006

5 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Well it does and it doesnt to be honest, look at the coverage football gets compared to Speedway. especially when sky took on football.

I have just been on to BT Sports to cancel my contract as it has jumped up this month from £27.99 to £35.25. That is the 3rd increase I have had in the last 9 months. Enough is Enough. I asked if there would be League Speedway on this season and after being gone for five minutes came back and said he did not know if it would be on this year. I had the choice of cancelling imiediately for £60 or paying £105 to the end of next month.

They are con merchants as they have now cancelled even though they have taken £35.25 out of my account this morning

I will now have no problem watching Mobdro or pirate screening in the future is any comes on 

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

I have just been on to BT Sports to cancel my contract as it has jumped up this month from £27.99 to £35.25. That is the 3rd increase I have had in the last 9 months. Enough is Enough. I asked if there would be League Speedway on this season and after being gone for five minutes came back and said he did not know if it would be on this year. I had the choice of cancelling imiediately for £60 or paying £105 to the end of next month.

They are con merchants as they have now cancelled even though they have taken £35.25 out of my account this morning

I will now have no problem watching Mobdro or pirate screening in the future is any comes on 

Well they have to pay for all those footballers wages somehow. Speedway is a cheap sport for them to put on compared to football etc but brings in a some more subscribers and much needed revenue to pay for the sports they have to pay big money to put on.

Edited by Hot Shoe
spelling corrrection

Sky will be rubbing their hands as the subscription costs rise and rise on BT.

There will be a bust point for everyone and if BT are charging  £35+ then they'll be in trouble and lose more subscribers than gain each football season