Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Shockster said:

Will the Swedish and Polish Speedway be only on FREESPORTS or will they be on PREMIER SPORTS also?  No point in subscribing if it is only on Freesports?

It's likely to be on both as it's the same company, however Freesports is only SD, you'll need Premier Sports of you want HD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noodles said:

It's likely to be on both as it's the same company, however Freesports is only SD, you'll need Premier Sports of you want HD.

Freesports are going HD later this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rob B said:

Freesports are going HD later this year.

Thanks for this. Just read up & HD will be available for Sky & Freesat customers from May 18. There's a question mark if HD will be made available to Freeview (and therefore BT/Plusnet/Talk Talk) due to costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, mickthemuppet said:

So it would seem that there will be no British League speedway on BT this season or there will be a very  limited season which they will not start until around June and just show a handful of matches. BT are absolute useless.

I took out a subscription with BT last year mainly to watch Speedway

My subscriptions were 1st,2nd 3rd months £0.00

4th,5th and 6 month  £25.00 a month

Then 7th,8th and 9th month £27.50 

10th month (now for February) £34.00

so 4 different prices in 10 months so I cancelled on Monday

They could not tell me if there would be any League speedway and although I paid 34.00 on Monday it was cut off later on in the evening .I had the choice of seeing out my contract which would cost another £96.00 or cancelling now and costing me £60.00 so I took the latter.  It is terrible that they and other internet companies can just raise the prices without any notification 

BT gave me no notice that they would increase my subscription from £27.50 to £34.00 compared to Sky who sent me the following E Mail

As your 12 contract in now up we have great pleasure to say this will be renewed for a further 12 months for the same cost of £34.00. This includes everything like films and sports channels all in HD. Slightly better value than BT

I think if you have a contract like with BT is it legal to just raise the price when they feel like it .I  thought I had a contract for 3 months no charge and 9 months @ £25.00. Then  they never put anything in writing

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

BT gave me no notice that they would increase my subscription from £27.50 to £34.00 compared to Sky who sent me the following E Mail

As your 12 contract in now up we have great pleasure to say this will be renewed for a further 12 months for the same cost of £34.00. This includes everything like films and sports channels all in HD. Slightly better value than BT

I think if you have a contract like with BT is it legal to just raise the price when they feel like it .I  thought I had a contract for 3 months no charge and 9 months @ £25.00. Then  they never put anything in writing

 

 

BT contacted me via snail mail. Cancelled without penalty due to the price increase. I was on the freebie & £25 also. I'd clocked the increase anyway on an e-mail from moneysavingexpert.

As you can cancel without penalty if you don't like the price increase I guess they can do what they like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glasgow team  tigers manager said last night there should be an anouncement soon regards tv deal  and hoping IF it’s a go ahead there hopfully might be a few championship meetings  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Glasgow team  tigers manager said last night there should be an anouncement soon regards tv deal  and hoping IF it’s a go ahead there hopfully might be a few championship meetings  

Hope there are some as in the past often those metings have been better than many of the Premier meetings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×